Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pleeease cook this. we need some 1v1 maps

Comment

Still would like to see a PS3 cooked version, is someone else allowed to cook this one up?

Comment

Some folks really just don't know when to stop pestering the modders and this is the **** I am talking about. If there was going to be a PS3 version it would have happened. Leave the mapppers alone. Once is enough to ask about cooking. **** .... this is why some modders have left the scene altogether. I keep trying to tell you PS3 folks that but it seems like you won't be satisfied until you run every last PC modder out of the community.

THIS MAP IS NOT GETTING COOKED ... GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. You are getting so much content and to hassle mappers is just ignorant. You need to quit that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
          Some folks really just don't know when to stop pestering the modders and this is the **** O am talking about. If there was going to be a PS3 version it would have happened. Leave the mapppers alone. Once is enough to ask about cooking. **** .... this is why some modders have left the scene altogether. I keep trying to tell you PS3 folks that but it seems like you won't be satisfied to you run every last PC modder out of the community.

THIS MAP IS NOT GETTING COOKED ... GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. You are getting so much content and to hassle mappers is just ignorant. You need to quit that ****.
          Just so you know I'm reporting you for harassment. This map will get cooked if the author wishes it. You are not the author. You are not a moderator.

I've done nothing wrong, and hopefully the moderators will take care of you.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            Some folks really just don't know when to stop pestering the modders and this is the **** O am talking about. If there was going to be a PS3 version it would have happened. Leave the mapppers alone. Once is enough to ask about cooking. **** .... this is why some modders have left the scene altogether. I keep trying to tell you PS3 folks that but it seems like you won't be satisfied to you run every last PC modder out of the community.

I think what he is trying to say is:

"One person asking for a cook is enough, having 6 people ask simultaneously for a cook is really just the 4-5 users behind the first person asking getting a +1 to their post count, AKA worthless".

Honestly Ikioi, I can see why you may be angry, but Im a PS3 user too (If you cant tell, I only mod classic things from scratch), and I can totally agree with AnubanUT2 that people asking for a cook is somewhat annoying, ONLY IF 1-2 people ask the person, then everyone should wait.

GOtta think of things on a "Neutral" point of view sometimes, if we are going to be a community, we first must respect one another and act like one.

*Here is my post, and also a really polite way of asking...if you can catch my drift*

I for one cant wait to try this out on my PS3, I personally only played UT99 (Main PC could not handle UT2k4) but I do remember this map as being a fun one of the bunch, and it certainly will be a wake-up call for me if its cooked. Brings back memories.

Ok, that was a little soft, but im a polite guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagis View Post
              I think what he is trying to say is:

"One person asking for a cook is enough, having 6 people ask simultaneously for a cook is really just the 4-5 users behind the first person asking getting a +1 to their post count, AKA worthless".

Honestly Ikioi, I can see why you may be angry, but Im a PS3 user too (If you cant tell, I only mod classic things from scratch), and I can totally agree with AnubanUT2 that people asking for a cook is somewhat annoying, ONLY IF 1-2 people ask the person, then everyone should wait.

GOtta think of things on a "Neutral" point of view sometimes, if we are going to be a community, we first must respect one another and act like one.

*Here is my post, and also a really polite way of asking...if you can catch my drift*

I for one cant wait to try this out on my PS3, I personally only played UT99 (Main PC could not handle UT2k4) but I do remember this map as being a fun one of the bunch, and it certainly will be a wake-up call for me if its cooked. Brings back memories.

Ok, that was a little soft, but im a polite guy.
              Honestly, I don't care about my post count, put me at permanent zero, I don't care, that's not what I'm here for.

I'm not asking just to add one more to the count, the thread was a few pages down, there's a very good chance the mod maker never saw the requests. He even said he would cook his current map for PS3 if he figures out the tools. If he sees this and someone came up offering to cook this map for PS3, I don't see why he would have a problem with that.

I'll just add I think if someone makes a map it should be for ALL platforms. PS3 owners paid just like MOST of the PC users did (can't pirate on PS3, compared to PC), and if it weren't for the cumbersome conversion process, all the maps and mods would be shared equally without anyone having to raise a fuss.

On that philosophy, I believe it should be allowed for PS3 owners to cook versions AND provide them to others in such cases where the map is already provided and no extra input is needed to make a proper PS3 version.

Comment

Folks,

I have to agree with AnubanUT2 and Nagis. Please stop asking over and over for mods to be cooked. Eventually that turns into trolling and we will ban you for that. One request is fine. People making mods have already gone to a great deal of trouble for the benefit of the community. Not all of those mods are going to be ideal for PS3 and it is the choice of the mod maker to decide to cook it to PS3 or not. So be polite and appreciative and maybe they'll help you. Be incessant and annoying and you're likely going to hurt the community more than you help it. We'll also kick you off this forum if you do so repeatedly.

Comment

I was already annoying from geginning so sent PM to Admin

ask make UT3 Forums separete PC version and PS3 version
                  Im not offense to PS3 user but
                  Im PC user
                  every time I was read Thread PS3 user Hijacking and ask many times ... cook cook cook
                  it so annoying for PC user like me
                  Mr Mark Rein can you make Separete please
                  and when Author cooked PS3 version then post PS3 Forums
                  I think time to make Separete
                  this is just my Idea
                  thank you

Comment

Hi,

I'm crazy about your map but, this map has any bugs. Look :

Here, if you feign death you...

[shot]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3416/screenshot00000hg3.jpg[/shot]

... fall :

[shot]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8861/screenshot00001tc7.jpg[/shot]

Here, if you feign death :

[shot]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/951/screenshot00002is6.jpg[/shot]

You will die :

[shot]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8033/screenshot00004nk9.jpg[/shot]

I like this : Feign death and you are invisible !

[shot]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6827/screenshot00005ae1.jpg[/shot]

Good job for the map !

Comment

Thats all well known but the map is final and that's ok imho

Feign death is lame anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
                        Thats all well known but the map is final and that's ok imho

Feign death is lame anyway
                        Dude we are in 100% agreement on that ... but still people do use this in online matches and this actually was supposed to be fixed I thought. I remember seeing the issue about the lava anyway. And I don't think you can feign death on the stairs ... that is an Epic bug or designed to be that way.

Comment

First I wanted to replay on what you've written Anuban but then I was reading your new signature and I started laughing....****, I can't stop

I think the statements of Mr Rein are the lasts things I would quote at all.
                          He himself and EPIC in general lost so many credits by releasing this (at best) beta version of a full price game. I won't forget the "when it's done" comments!
                          The game get's better and better but that is not because of EPIC, it's getting better because all the great modder & mappers are doing a **** good job.

So if you continue to quote Mark on anything that deals with banning people just because they demand a better game as well as more content (no matter whether it's for PC or PS3) then you are also losing respect!

Comment

^^^ I won't even bother to respond to that on someone's thread, other than to say I don't think you know what you are talking about in this particular instance. Now can we move on and get back on topic about the level and not about my sig.

Comment

It's a shame you didn't work on the texturing more, you have to many textures in one place leading to a different one and they are scaled to small. Basically it looks like a patchwork quilt and the lighting looks to static.

Comment

This map is a great map through and through ... probably my favorite remake besides Agony and Liandri ... few remakes look this good and capture the spirit of the original so well. No matter what anyone says this is a winner and it is tons of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X