DM-Codex [Final] now for both PC & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well what I said still stands, you may as well put no textures on or randomly put them on going on what you say.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WrATH View Post
    Eh?, they are Epics textures, what issue are you saying, because it's a proper floor texture.

All I'm saying is that the textures in this level are somewhat patchwork and not aligned, can people not take this sort of thing without being nasty?, why dont you say something in my thread about it, thats what it is for.
    Because it wasn't a big deal to me ... that is my point ... and I wasn't trying to be nasty ... you just made my point for me again. You sounded like you were being kind of nasty ... do you see what I am getting at. I already said I like your map and really enjoy it ... one tiny thing that is really not noticeable during a real match and does not in any way affect gameplay and is not so awful looking that it can be considered an eyesore is just not enough of an issue for me to even raise. Especially once the map is in full releases and many people have played it and enjoyed it. Maybe that is something I would pm a person but I wouldn't put that on a thread. But that is me ... different strokes for different folks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Well lets just agree to disagree and remain cool. I love this remake to the core and have since it was first released ... I don't share your views regarding it and in fact I think your map has its own texture problems when it comes to the floor textures ... they don't look all that great tbh ... especially not on the PS3 but I still like your level and enjoy playing it and would defend it from people putting it down. I just don't feel the need to be overly critical of certain things ... so we will leave it at that and move on to the next one.
    Eh?, they are Epics textures, what issue are you saying, because it's a proper floor texture.

All I'm saying is that the textures in this level are somewhat patchwork and not aligned, can people not take this sort of thing without being nasty?, why dont you say something in my thread about it, thats what it is for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because that is not your content to do what you want with ... it is how we operate in this community ... especially if you are going to give this level out to others. How do you know that the author does not want the level on the PS3 for whatever reason? And before you say so what ... think about what happens if you folks keep disregarding how the devs feel ... they will simply cease to make content for this game and I am talking about the really talented devs ... folks who have been mapping for at least 3 years ... not the ones who are relatively new and do not provide you with levels that make your jaw drop. So think about that the next time you think about doing anything to someone work without asking them first. Some mappers are already leaving this community ... good ones to ... people you are going to really miss and its due to reasons like this ... this whole cooking thing has really had an adverse effect on the community whether you folks are aware of it or not. So please ask next time ... that is just how this community is used to operating.
    You can't tell me what to do in my own home! Why should the author not want a PS3 version? Is the author allowed to say 'black people can't play my map, because I don't want them to'?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mapper0x1A View Post
    Why should that matter?
    Because that is not your content to do what you want with ... it is how we operate in this community ... especially if you are going to give this level out to others. How do you know that the author does not want the level on the PS3 for whatever reason? And before you say so what ... think about what happens if you folks keep disregarding how the devs feel ... they will simply cease to make content for this game and I am talking about the really talented devs ... folks who have been mapping for at least 3 years ... not the ones who are relatively new and do not provide you with levels that make your jaw drop. So think about that the next time you think about doing anything to someone work without asking them first. Some mappers are already leaving this community ... good ones to ... people you are going to really miss and its due to reasons like this ... this whole cooking thing has really had an adverse effect on the community whether you folks are aware of it or not. So please ask next time ... that is just how this community is used to operating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You cooked his map ... hope you got Creepy's permission ... people know where I stand about taking an authors work and altering it any way without their permission.
    Why should that matter?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mapper0x1A View Post
    Just cooked up a PS3 version, really love it, I do think it's a really great map too.
    You cooked his map ... hope you got Creepy's permission ... people know where I stand about taking an authors work and altering it any way without their permission.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just cooked up a PS3 version, really love it, I do think it's a really great map too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WrATH View Post
    Right but you may as well put no textures on and still call it a remake, the fact is the original had much better texturing work. Anyone can make a remake, it's what you do with it to make it better than counts.
    Well lets just agree to disagree and remain cool. I love this remake to the core and have since it was first released ... I don't share your views regarding it and in fact I think your map has its own texture problems when it comes to the floor textures ... they don't look all that great tbh ... especially not on the PS3 but I still like your level and enjoy playing it and would defend it from people putting it down. I just don't feel the need to be overly critical of certain things ... so we will leave it at that and move on to the next one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, it's finished and CreepyD is working on another awesome remake of Campgrounds!
    Codex-FE plays **** good, let's keep it that way!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is a great map through and through ... probably my favorite remake besides Agony and Liandri ... few remakes look this good and capture the spirit of the original so well. No matter what anyone says this is a winner and it is tons of fun.
    Right but you may as well put no textures on and still call it a remake, the fact is the original had much better texturing work. Anyone can make a remake, it's what you do with it to make it better than counts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is a great map through and through ... probably my favorite remake besides Agony and Liandri ... few remakes look this good and capture the spirit of the original so well. No matter what anyone says this is a winner and it is tons of fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a shame you didn't work on the texturing more, you have to many textures in one place leading to a different one and they are scaled to small. Basically it looks like a patchwork quilt and the lighting looks to static.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^^ I won't even bother to respond to that on someone's thread, other than to say I don't think you know what you are talking about in this particular instance. Now can we move on and get back on topic about the level and not about my sig.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First I wanted to replay on what you've written Anuban but then I was reading your new signature and I started laughing....****, I can't stop

I think the statements of Mr Rein are the lasts things I would quote at all.
    He himself and EPIC in general lost so many credits by releasing this (at best) beta version of a full price game. I won't forget the "when it's done" comments!
    The game get's better and better but that is not because of EPIC, it's getting better because all the great modder & mappers are doing a **** good job.

So if you continue to quote Mark on anything that deals with banning people just because they demand a better game as well as more content (no matter whether it's for PC or PS3) then you are also losing respect!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X