No announcement yet.

DM-Codex [Final] now for both PC & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ How badly has it impacted gameplay for you though? I have not noticed any difference in that regard and don't see the huge deal about this issue since it doesn't detract from the looks of the level or its functionality ... or do you find yourself not being able to jump out the way of projectiles because it is shorter? I don't think it is something I would have ever noticed from just gameplay alone ... and I don't know if those two difference are enough to make it so this level should not be able to use the Codex name without having to resort to Codex][. And this map is already a really good map ... I do have to say that.

Comment

Then we clearly have 2 different opinions.

Comment

I already knew that ... I was actually hoping you would give me some actual answers to the questions I asked but it doesn't matter ... the map is not getting rebuilt with any updates according to the level author so the point is moot.

Comment

Well, my mate is already searching for an old demo of 2 very famous palyer back in the days which shows the importance of that view.

Dunno if he will find it, hope so.

But it's just a very crucial thing to be able to look from up there down to the Armor.
          This is probably the only good reason to grab up the sniper on that map!
          For me, that is a very good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
            Well, my mate is already searching for an old demo of 2 very famous palyer back in the days which shows the importance of that view.

But it's just a very crucial thing to be able to look from up there down to the Armor.
            Ahh okay now I see ... and yes I can understand that being a solid reason to ask for one more rebuild ... those demos would go even further though in proving why it is so important to attend to this issue. Thanks for the better explanation.

Comment

haven't played it yet (on vacation) but I'm impressed. much much better atmosphere now, but still faithful to the original.

Comment

What I'll probably do is leave it a week or 2 and see if anyone else brings it up.
                I can see how it would be important if used to it, but you could always wait at the door instead of where you are in the screen.
                It might even be an improvement this way, so you can't wait so close to the shield and still cover the armour.

Comment

Originally posted by CreepyD View Post
                  What I'll probably do is leave it a week or 2 and see if anyone else brings it up.
                  I can see how it would be important if used to it, but you could always wait at the door instead of where you are in the screen.
                  It might even be an improvement this way, so you can't wait so close to the shield and still cover the armour.
                  Sounds extremely reasonable to me. Thanks ... I'm sure the other poster appreciates that you are at least considering it.

Comment

i found another thing wich has to be fixed. you can hide in the lava and receive no damage... you could hide an entire team there....

i made a video about that
                    http://www.speedyshare.com/875844776.html

Comment

Originally posted by mad1Z View Post
                      i found another thing wich has to be fixed. you can hide in the lava and receive no damage... you could hide an entire team there....

i made a video about that
                      http://www.speedyshare.com/875844776.html
                      Woah ... yeah this level is definitely going to need to be rebuilt now ... I mean I would definitely recommend it ... that is a big exploit. Now maybe those archways will get a face lift as well. Good job spotting that problem with the Lava.

Comment

Looks nice, but the map is kinda baren and empty feeling. Maybe add some pools of liquids, or things to run and hide around with?

Comment

Originally posted by username2109863423 View Post
                          Looks nice, but the map is kinda baren and empty feeling. Maybe add some pools of liquids, or things to run and hide around with?
                          Dude, this is a remake. I take it you have never played Codex ... well this map is like it is for a reason. You must be new to UT. Its okay but no the level is not going to get a bunch of **** stuck in it that was not in the original.

Comment

Mad1Z, I can't seem to load your vid, says can't be found.
                            I tested the lava at my end, and all 4 pools of lava work fine, dealing 20 damage per sec. Also can't swim down past the bottom of the lava either.
                            Can you maybe explain what was in the vid?

Comment

up in the right it says codex.avi ... click on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post

I agree, that's one of the few areas where sniper was useful. Also in UT1 version you could easily see if the armor was there or if the opponent was waiting at the armor (in 1on1), now you have to go in the room to see.
                                Needs fixing.

Comment

Working...
                                X