Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by CreepyD View Post
    As for the texturing, the style used in my version of Codex isn't a standard UT3 style.. it's a mish-mash of various styles found in the game. There was very little choice that brought the feel of the original, hence the sometimes lack of really good texturing. Was pretty diffictult finding anything decent that fit the style, and it came out pretty good with practically no custom content.
    The original didn't have many textures at all like Curse][ did, one main wall texture, some wood and a floor texture. I followed the same style in my Curse5 but the top was a different wall texture because the main one I picked was a bit to much all round. Just a note for next time, you should tile your textures bigger and make theb fit around then it dont look like a patchwork quilt effect and walls blend together seamless. A good job on the build of the level though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That would be excellent if you could Anuban, I'd have no way of testing it anyway!
    That's cool ... I just sent you an insane PM lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That would be excellent if you could Anuban, I'd have no way of testing it anyway!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I havn't been tracking this thread so missed all this stuff going on!
    Cobra991, did u know ripping from CD to MP3 is technically illegal, even tho u own the cd? (They are trying to change this law however)
    AnubanUT2, thx for backing me up when I havn't been here.
    As for the PS3 thing, if you cooked it and play it on your own system, then that's fine as long as you don't distribute it.
    I've not had time to learn how to cook for PS3 yet, but will release a PS3 version within the next few days if I get the time - lots of clan wars at the mo as a CB CTF cup is about to start.
    Been pretty busy with other things, as well as making DM-Campgrounds, which is 99.9% finished now.

As for the texturing, the style used in my version of Codex isn't a standard UT3 style.. it's a mish-mash of various styles found in the game. There was very little choice that brought the feel of the original, hence the sometimes lack of really good texturing. Was pretty diffictult finding anything decent that fit the style, and it came out pretty good with practically no custom content.
    Not a problem man ... if you really want this cooked I will be more than happy to do it and test it out on my PS3 for you first before you distribute it. Some maps simply don't work on the PS3 (not many but there have been several) so let me know:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=599577

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I havn't been tracking this thread so missed all this stuff going on!
    Cobra991, did u know ripping from CD to MP3 is technically illegal, even tho u own the cd? (They are trying to change this law however)
    AnubanUT2, thx for backing me up when I havn't been here.
    As for the PS3 thing, if you cooked it and play it on your own system, then that's fine as long as you don't distribute it.
    I've not had time to learn how to cook for PS3 yet, but will release a PS3 version within the next few days if I get the time - lots of clan wars at the mo as a CB CTF cup is about to start.
    Been pretty busy with other things, as well as making DM-Campgrounds, which is 99.9% finished now.

Oh and the issue with the feigning death to get in the lava and hide was fixed in the FE version.
    As for feigning death and dying on the stairs, I think it's a BSP issue - my BSP must be too complex somewhere, there's no way I'm gonna get that fixed. Just don't feign death on that tiny bit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is up to the mapper what he wants, leave it at that. This is not fair to the mappers and modders of this community. Drop it!

Next off topic post in this thread will result in infractions and possible banning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Calm down please, no one called you any names so don't lie please. I am very careful about that stuff. I said your analogy was idiotic ... not you. And cooking is altering ... don't you get that? How is it not altering someone's work when the content was not developed to run on that platform but had to have a conversion tool used on it? THAT IS ALTERING SOMEONE ORIGINAL WORK. And that is something that is frowned upon in this community IF you are going to post links to it. If it is just for yourself you are correct ... there is no issue.
    So according to your logic, if I take a song from a cd and put it on my pc and make it an mp3 file then I have altered the song? Actually all I've done is change the format so it can be played on an mp3 player, it's still the same song. I didn't change the words or music to the song so it hasn't been "altered", only the format has changed. So the maps that are converted are not altered, the format of the file is changed to play on the ps3. Unless I go and make changes in the level/map it hasn't been "altered" it's still the same map whether it's in pc format or ps3 format.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because that is not your content to do what you want with ... it is how we operate in this community ... especially if you are going to give this level out to others. How do you know that the author does not want the level on the PS3 for whatever reason? And before you say so what ... think about what happens if you folks keep disregarding how the devs feel ... they will simply cease to make content for this game and I am talking about the really talented devs ... folks who have been mapping for at least 3 years ... not the ones who are relatively new and do not provide you with levels that make your jaw drop. So think about that the next time you think about doing anything to someone work without asking them first. Some mappers are already leaving this community ... good ones to ... people you are going to really miss and its due to reasons like this ... this whole cooking thing has really had an adverse effect on the community whether you folks are aware of it or not. So please ask next time ... that is just how this community is used to operating.
    I have a question, exactly what does "that is just how this community is used to operating" mean? If "this community" means the pc community then they haven't had to worry about people asking for mods to be cooked for another system. The maps and mods made were only for the pc and were not directly convertible for a console until now. This cooking for the ps3 is a totally new and exciting thing. Until few weeks ago this wasn't even possible or a problem for the pc community. It's really sad how this has divided the gaming community into what I'm seeing now, pc vs ps3/console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mapper0x1A
    Why did you bring this up at all?
    Why can't you just leave it alone?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mapper0x1A, drop it. Please get back on topic. It is not fair to the OP and the other members of this forum. Let it go, please.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...8&postcount=82

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mapper0x1A View Post
    Idiotic? What's wrong with you. I didn't alter anyone's work. So someone does nothing wrong and they they get attacked, accused of things they haven't done, and then called childish names? That's how things work around here?
    Calm down please, no one called you any names so don't lie please. I am very careful about that stuff. I said your analogy was idiotic ... not you. And cooking is altering ... don't you get that? How is it not altering someone's work when the content was not developed to run on that platform but had to have a conversion tool used on it? THAT IS ALTERING SOMEONE ORIGINAL WORK. And that is something that is frowned upon in this community IF you are going to post links to it. If it is just for yourself you are correct ... there is no issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And what I said still stands ... I disagree ... this is a great level, its great looking and it plays really really well. So now that we have that established on both ends lets move on please. No need to beat the issue to death.
    Yep it looks looks like UT99 with 5 more different types of textures on the walls, back in 99 it would have looked good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know why he would or would not want a PS3 version and that is just the point. And the argument you tried to use is just plain idiotic ... you are actually altering someone else's work ... I don't understand what being black has to do with anything. You are not in the wrong though as long as you do not distribute it ... that much I will grant you. And no one is trying to tell you what to do in your own home. You are new to the UT community and I am just letting you know how certain things work around here and what type is behavior is expected from ALL community members.
    Idiotic? What's wrong with you. I didn't alter anyone's work. So someone does nothing wrong and they they get attacked, accused of things they haven't done, and then called childish names? That's how things work around here?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WrATH View Post
    Well what I said still stands, you may as well put no textures on or randomly put them on going on what you say.
    And what I said still stands ... I disagree ... this is a great level, its great looking and it plays really really well. So now that we have that established on both ends lets move on please. No need to beat the issue to death.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mapper0x1A View Post
    You can't tell me what to do in my own home! Why should the author not want a PS3 version? Is the author allowed to say 'black people can't play my map, because I don't want them to'?
    I don't know why he would or would not want a PS3 version and that is just the point. And the argument you tried to use is just plain idiotic ... you are actually altering someone else's work ... I don't understand what being black has to do with anything. You are not in the wrong though as long as you do not distribute it ... that much I will grant you. And no one is trying to tell you what to do in your own home. You are new to the UT community and I am just letting you know how certain things work around here and what type is behavior is expected from ALL community members.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X