No announcement yet.

Yet Another GrendelKeep ReHash -- DM-MooKeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. I'd like to see bot pathing also.

Comment

I found 3 very bad things I've got to talk about.

The first thing is the positioning of the Body Armor.
      In the original Grendelkeep the Body Armor was located upstairs and that had a reason because in this version now you can get from the Body Armor to the Shield Belt (and the other way round) in about 4 seconds!
      That is so out of any discussion in my eyes!

Second and third are closely related:
      It's about the stairs in the middle (well, basically its about all stairs). Because you are doing these real steps up, you just cant aim properly running along those stairs. That was different in Grendelkeep.
      The other thing is that you can easily get stuck on the inner sides of the stairs. It's like running against a brick which is lying on the ground.

Oh and I think I got another thing to mention about the map now, you guys might not know it but there was a VERY VERY famous edition of Grendelkeep called Grendelkeep-RE. It was basically a repositioning of certain weapons, in particular the Sniper Rifle was moved from upstairs all the way down to the Link Gun under the little stairs below the Amp. And upstairs the Minigun was located which improved the gameplay a lot for TDM matches.

Comment

Great lighting with 100+fps wow where as epic maps i averagely get 30 fps on max.

But the map feels like the gravity has be altered, is this true ? feels wierd-not quite fond of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
          I found 3 very bad things I've got to talk about.

The first thing is the positioning of the Body Armor.
          In the original Grendelkeep the Body Armor was located upstairs and that had a reason because in this version now you can get from the Body Armor to the Shield Belt (and the other way round) in about 4 seconds!
          That is so out of any discussion in my eyes!

Second and third are closely related:
          It's about the stairs in the middle (well, basically its about all stairs). Because you are doing these real steps up, you just cant aim properly running along those stairs. That was different in Grendelkeep.
          The other thing is that you can easily get stuck on the inner sides of the stairs. It's like running against a brick which is lying on the ground.

Oh and I think I got another thing to mention about the map now, you guys might not know it but there was a VERY VERY famous edition of Grendelkeep called Grendelkeep-RE. It was basically a repositioning of certain weapons, in particular the Sniper Rifle was moved from upstairs all the way down to the Link Gun under the little stairs below the Amp. And upstairs the Minigun was located which improved the gameplay a lot for TDM matches.
          You totally missed the point didn't you? This is not a remake like Dm-Codex is man ... the name is completely different ... there is no Grendel in the title so this is not a remake which is why I commented the way I did a few posts back. If the level was called Grendelkeep3 or redux or something along those lines you might have a valid point (I say might because when it comes down to it the level designer has the final say over how he wants the level to be remembered) but in this case you don't have a valid point because this is not a strict remake. Which is why I want the botpathing ... it is different enough that someone else could do a proper remake and yet familiar as well so that those of us who have played the originals will have something to compare it against in terms of running the level.

Comment

Well....I got the point that this make is called differently and I do like the ideas of all these windows for instance.

But the armor placement is (in my eyes) just stupid, the map is big enough to place the Body Armor up on the blue path. Otherwise he could have put the Armor also in the main hall..its the same

Oh and by the way: I didnt ask him to change it (unlike in the Codex thread), I just stated my opinion on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
              Well....I got the point that this make is called differently and I do like the ideas of all these windows for instance.

But the armor placement is (in my eyes) just stupid, the map is big enough to place the Body Armor up on the blue path. Otherwise he could have put the Armor also in the main hall..its the same

Oh and by the way: I didnt ask him to change it (unlike in the Codex thread), I just stated my opinion on the map.

This is true ... and yes I had many suggestions/observations as well ... but one of mine was that the blue plexi-glass should go ... I don't think it fits in well with the rest of the level. Opinions are fine ... as you see I have plenty of them myself and so maybe I came across a bit more harsh than I intended ... sorry about that. Anyway without bot pathing I don't care about this map so really I should not have commented on your observations.

Comment

Working...
              X