Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

HOLP Map Pack Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading.

Comment

I think it would be better if yous used the UT3s materials instead of custom unless you could make it look as good as UT3s materials. Bu tthe layouts are great, awesome flow.

Comment

Originally posted by sparxxx View Post
        You see that folder that was called "unpublished" well in the same bit just create a folder called "Published" then "CookedPC" then "CustomMaps" and dump the files in there and your good to go

BTW this is fantastic, i welcome more stuff like this, i easily sacrifice graphics for good gameplay. now if only someone remakes ctfcommand and gauntlet.
        Thanks, that worked. It just shouldn't have to be so weird to install maps and such. Old system was a lot better. Just drop the files into "maps" ,"system" , "textures", etc.

Maps play well, by the way. Maybe user maps and mods will bring this game along. Epic seems to have no interest in doing so.

Comment

These DM maps rock hard for those of us who like that old school feeling ... the maps still look way better than they ever could in UT and are on par with levels in UT04 which is still pretty **** good. The flow is great and the gameplay is **** near perfect. Thanks so much for these cool oldskool maps ... those of us who like to play UT still from time to time definitely appreciate it.

Comment

wow this is first Map pack for UT3

all maps is looks nice !
            thank you
            my favorite is "CTF-Lopo"

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
              Some of the DM maps lag for me even though I have 50 fps. and I think it would be better if yous used the UT3s materials instead of custom unless you could make it look as good as UT3s materials. Bu tthe layouts are great, awesome flow.
              Yep, and I'm cocky enough to believe some of the pack's textures look better than Epic's UT3 ones

Comment

Abso-****in-lutely awesome! New shiney graphics are great, but nothing beats the rush of pure adrenaline pumped gameplay with no distractions. Great work people, I hope to see much more of your stuff in the future.

Comment

Excellent map pack, great work guys!

Comment

Great Frames !!! feels sooo good to play over 60 frames in ut3

Comment

cheers great job

Comment

Hi all. I just joined, but have been haunting this place forever.

Gotta say thanks for this pack and to all who are putting out great work.

This set really rocks. I was thinking the other day how the new maps, while being stunningly gorgeous, feel cluttered and 'junky'. (I guess its part of the Necris-themed worlds) However, these maps are clean and mean.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                          I think it would be better if yous used the UT3s materials instead of custom unless you could make it look as good as UT3s materials. Bu tthe layouts are great, awesome flow.
                          I can't see any stock ut3 material that would do for any of these maps, besides they got normal maps on those materials won't benefit the FPS.

Comment

As someone with a computer that really isn't up to scratch for UT3 I really appreciate the smooth frame rates I get with these. Despite the minimalistic decoration they still look good too - still better than UT99's. Really nice work.

Comment

There should be a community of people making simple gameplay orientated maps like this. Old school only. I do like the Epic maps but I'm sure we are all agreed that there is more gameplay in these maps than in the Epic maps (I'm not hating Epic maps; some of them are very good).

The great thing is that they can be made fairly quickly in comparison to the retail maps. And if UT3 is to succeed in terms of tournaments and online competative play then it is these kind of maps that will help it along.

Comment

nice work. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X