Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

HOLP Map Pack Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seven_Force View Post
    Hmmmm... just got done playing the maps. My feelings are kinda mixed. It's awesome that we have NINE maps here and great that the CTF list is expanding some... but is it just me or do all the DM levels in this pack feel the same? They all have the EXACT same kind of flow and layout: many opportunities to ambush your opponent from above and tight corridor gameplay.

The CTF maps are much better, but again I'm displeased that we have a bunch of maps that look about on par with UT99. I understand that you wanted to dial down the poly count/quality, but couldn't you guys have at least made UT2004 visuals? These maps are just downright offensive to look at lol. This IS what you clearly intended and I know users who are struggling to run UT3 will really appreciate this though.

All in all, due to the number of maps and the fact that you clearly did what you set out to do, I still gave the map pack a full rating. Personally, I'd like better visuals and a more diverse set of gameplay, but good job nonetheless.
    Don't worry man ... you can bet that a pack of hi res UT3 maps is in the works ... those will just take longer since the quality for them is going to be so much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven_Force View Post
      Hmmmm... just got done playing the maps. My feelings are kinda mixed. It's awesome that we have NINE maps here and great that the CTF list is expanding some... but is it just me or do all the DM levels in this pack feel the same? They all have the EXACT same kind of flow and layout: many opportunities to ambush your opponent from above and tight corridor gameplay.

The CTF maps are much better, but again I'm displeased that we have a bunch of maps that look about on par with UT99. I understand that you wanted to dial down the poly count/quality, but couldn't you guys have at least made UT2004 visuals? These maps are just downright offensive to look at lol. This IS what you clearly intended and I know users who are struggling to run UT3 will really appreciate this though.

All in all, due to the number of maps and the fact that you clearly did what you set out to do, I still gave the map pack a full rating. Personally, I'd like better visuals and a more diverse set of gameplay, but good job nonetheless.
      Geometrically this is indeed much like UT99, but textures are from far better quality, higher resolutions. Better lightning, normal maps, specular maps etc...

These are maps where gameplay is the focus, to achieve a good gameplay I believe you need minimal clutter & other distractions, higher fps, simple easy to navigate layouts that still provide many variaty and possiblities. Wich UT2K4 style maps would not do as effectivly.

You could just play UT99, but these still look a lot better. And better than it would if this was a pack for UT2K4.

These are the kind of maps I can play and have loads of fun, with the only frustrating thing beeing my lack of any skills, and not the map. Thi

Comment

Originally posted by aidanr View Post
        Awesome, downloading...
        What he said

Comment

I like this. For a second there I miss-took these for standard UT maps. Then I noticed the lighting was pretty good and thought they were UT2k4 maps. But I seriously don't mean that as a criticism. They still look good. Proves that you don't need a tonne of static meshes cluttering up your maps.

Thank you for the hard work.

Comment

OK, I'll admit I'm not a techie. I'm a truck mechanic. I tried to unzip to the path in the instructions and the folder names are not the same. I have a folder that is titled Unpublished , but , not one that is Published. Jeeezus, everything in UT3 is a pain to do. Earlier games I just dragged and dropped where things had to go. I think I'll go play UT'04.

Comment

Awesome Hourences, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
                OK, I'll admit I'm not a techie. I'm a truck mechanic. I tried to unzip to the path in the instructions and the folder names are not the same. I have a folder that is titled Unpublished , but , not one that is Published. Jeeezus, everything in UT3 is a pain to do. Earlier games I just dragged and dropped where things had to go. I think I'll go play UT'04.

You see that folder that was called "unpublished" well in the same bit just create a folder called "Published" then "CookedPC" then "CustomMaps" and dump the files in there and your good to go

BTW this is fantastic, i welcome more stuff like this, i easily sacrifice graphics for good gameplay. now if only someone remakes ctfcommand and gauntlet.

Comment

ZOMG! nine new maps for my UT3, and most important thing that they are 99-like!!! I love hardcore stuff, and need sometimes just straight action, other than the nice-looking arenas. but these arenas also looks good and nice! thnx!!!

Comment

CTF-Haco FTW!

Comment

Nice work guys.

I think this is a perfect example that you can map for your preference and game style. Some people like the heavy mesh looks with tons of eye candy. Others like maps with just good game flow and minimal clutter.

This game is fantastic in the fact that nearly anyone can create an environment or game experience that reflects what they like best in the game.

I have the DM maps loaded on my Ancient Battle Grounds UT3 server if anyone want to look for them in the browser. Redirect works just fine, but remember you may need to reconnect when you get the Invalid URL:Map name.....this is normal until the next patch.

Comment

Truly schweet maps.

The framerates are better than anything I have seen to this point on my old hardware.

Thanks you so much.

Comment

Downloading... for some reason I'm not a friend of the new stock DM and CTF maps' gameplay, so maybe servers with your maps running will attract me more - let alone the better performance. While I can run all WAR maps perfectly fine, DM maps bring my PC to its knees. Hope to see some of these online.

Comment

These CTF maps are stunning. All of them. Ty.

Comment

Thanks alot for these !

Comment

Great work you guys. The first mappack of UT3 and it kicks ***.

Comment

Working...
                                X