Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

HOLP Map Pack Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    And you know what smart guy ... he said all that on January 18th ... so you still think it is something they are working on? Why do you think Hazel released her map Subterranean separately just a couple of months ago? Have you even heard of any others getting released or planning on being released since January 18th other than the one I just told you about? Also you may want to go back a bit further and see what Hourences about this same issue. Sorry but when it comes to stuff like this I tend to listen to the person with more professional experience and anyway like I said ... look at when he said this and look at what has occurred since that time. I rest my case.
    You've lost me completely, I quoted some info from an author from the pack and wrote this:

Originally posted by blackSunday View Post
    From Sjosz a couple of pages back.
    Not really sure what your problem is to be honest.

Originally posted by Nidas View Post
    By asking again for a PS3 cook the authors see that there is still some intrest in these maps so why not give it a try.
    On Barballs site it says "PS3 fans will not be disappointed as both PC and PS3 content will be released together for HOLP 2", this is only in relation to HOLP 2 but maybe we might see a double pack for the PS3. Pure speculation that last part, would be nice though.

Perhaps try Barballs, he's a good guy and have always found him to be helpful. Here's his site Nidas: http://www.pathnode.com/

Comment

Originally posted by blackSunday View Post
      Perhaps try Barballs, he's a good guy and have always found him to be helpful. Here's his site Nidas: http://www.pathnode.com/
      Thanks m8

Comment

By asking again for a PS3 cook the authors see that there is still some intrest in these maps so why not give it a try. I dont see any individual threads for all the maps in this mappack so I still think this is the correct thread to pop the question. I thaught that the authors counts as "someone" but if they are on another level, my bad :/
        And why cant you just let PS3 players share the fun of playing great maps so stop getting so upset every time "someone" is asking for a PS3 cook plz. I will be waiting patiently for the next mappack then
        I'm not getting upset at all. You don't see any exclamation points or yelling or foul language or funny faces in my post so I don't know where you get that impression. I am the person who has cooked the most content for the PS3 and I continue to do PS3 testing and ask authors if they are going to have PS3 versions available so you are way off base in whatever assumptions you have about me.

I was merely informing you that the issue had already been discussed some time ago and that it was not something that was likely to happen. I also pointed you in the direction of DM-Subterranean, a map featured in this pack that I tested to make sure it ran on the PS3 before release. And I did inform you that the HOLP pack 2 was definitely coming out for the PS3. I don't understand why you would get so upset with someone pointing out information to you about the issue you inquired about.

I have DM-Subterranean on my PS3 and play it often and I have PS3 versions of a couple of the other levels for my own use so I have no issues with these maps being on the PS3 at all. If the authors gave me permission I would post links to the levels I did cook for my use. Anyway good luck ... hopefully you do get all the authors to eventually do it but as I pointed out it was Jan 18th that it was said the pack would be made available for the PS3 ... 7 months later it never happened.

Comment

The thing is that there are so few CTF maps in UT3 so I´m just trying to get as many as possible cooked for PS3 for me to enjoy playing. Sry for that and ill be shutting up now.

Comment

The thing is that there are so few CTF maps in UT3 so I´m just trying to get as many as possible cooked for PS3 for me to enjoy playing. Sry for that and ill be shutting up now.

I happen to agree with you ... if you are successful more power to you. I'm always looking for more good CTF maps for the PS3. And I can tell you that DM-Flustered and DM-Noca work fine on the PS3. If the author gives his permission I will post the links for them. Also it looks like Hourences two CTF levels (both of which are in the MSUC) work on the PS3 so if he gives his permission I can give PS3 folks those levels as well. These are the levels I really enjoy so these are the ones I cooked for my own use. I did try to cook Grit but had some difficulties ... you'll have to ask Slainchild if he will make a PS3 version (not sure if he will though ... he also was supposed to look into making Acquisition PS3 compatible) and maybe he will oblige you.

Comment

Thanks m8
              You're welcome

Comment

I happen to agree with you ... if you are successful more power to you. I'm always looking for more good CTF maps for the PS3. And I can tell you that DM-Flustered and DM-Noca work fine on the PS3. If the author gives his permission I will post the links for them.
                Wait, DM-Flustered and DM-Noca weren't publicly released? I have them on my PS3 though. Are you sure they weren't released somewhere? I can't remember where I got them.

Comment

You're not crazy, I have ALL of these, and I got them all here somewhere. Let me talk to Barballs about posting them. They are ALL official cooks from the HOLP people. There are some others too, like 1on1-fisted and a few more, they all came in a single download that unzipped into a bunch of maps, similiar to the CBP3v1.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                    You're not crazy, I have ALL of these, and I got them all here somewhere. Let me talk to Barballs about posting them. They are ALL official cooks from the HOLP people. There are some others too, like 1on1-fisted and a few more, they all came in a single download that unzipped into a bunch of maps, similiar to the CBP3v1.
                    I have every map except CTF-Hosh and DM-Gritt. I don't remember where I got them though.

Comment

You are correct, black star .... CTF-Hosh and DM-Gritt are not there. Like I said though theres a bunch of others not listed as part of the HOLP pack, but they came bundled together.

EDIT - I sent a PM to Barballs, waiting to hear back and if he says it's ok I will post them or he will. It's all one big download that unzips into a ton of maps.

Comment

And you know what smart guy ... he said all that on January 18th ... so you still think it is something they are working on? Why do you think Hazel released her map Subterranean separately just a couple of months ago?
                        I think you're reading into this a bit too much Most of us have full time jobs, and do all this in our spare time. It's hard to get people organised again and put everything together for a PS3 release because they're busy with other things, and weren't at the time of development. I released Subterrane for PS3 a little while ago before moving away to start a new job. At the time there wasn't any indication as to when / if we would put all the maps together as a pack for PS3. I felt it was better to get it finished rather than wait until I have access to my PC again.

Comment

Hi all! It's has been a little while since I have been on these fourms. Please forgive the delay in getting back to you.

I have been in touch with the authors of the maps in question and we will aim to provide an official PS3 release of the pack for PS3, due to popular demand, on or even before the release of HOLP 2; which WILL most definitely have a PS3 release at same time as PC

Thank you all for your patience on this folks. Your wait is almost over! There is an FAQ posted on pathnode about this.

Comment

Well I have just about all the other levels cooked already so why duplicate work ... I did offer if you read my post on the previous page? If you want the cooks I have let me know where to send them or I can just post them on filefront and give you the links. The only levels I have not cooked are Gritt, Ultra, and Hosh ... I can cook Ultra and Host but Gritt uses some custom stuff so that will need to be cooked by the author or I would need the unpublished file with the right fallback materials. People can have the rest of the pack by the end of the week or sooner.

Comment

Hey dude. See your PM re - files etc.

Comment

And you know what smart guy ... he said all that on January 18th ... so you still think it is something they are working on? Why do you think Hazel released her map Subterranean separately just a couple of months ago? Have you even heard of any others getting released or planning on being released since January 18th other than the one I just told you about? Also you may want to go back a bit further and see what Hourences about this same issue. Sorry but when it comes to stuff like this I tend to listen to the person with more professional experience and anyway like I said ... look at when he said this and look at what has occurred since that time. I rest my case.
                                Apology?

Thanks for the update Hazel and barballs, you guys are gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X