Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    haha sorry Nawrot, I'm always a bit too late with my criticism :P

Either way, those are just nitpicky things I mentioned, otherwise the map plays and looks very nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great map! Often it`s the little details that add so much: being able to shoot the bell, the waves, being able to shoot the lamps, the little fenced-off Japanese garden, the leaves blowing through the air. Thanks for another great map (Thorns Necris is my favorite user-made ctf map btw) and I look forward to the next one. Thanks for the PS3 cook.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't tell what you're saying there kmujo, but it sounds like you're comparing this levels layout to DOOM2 level 7's layout, not realizing that DOOM2 level 7's name is.......(fanfare) Dead Simple. That is really funny, and also shows how good of a remake this is. Well done, Nawrot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i must say, this is a mighty fine map, and highly related to doom2 level 7 map, which is the best dm map either :P not sure if it's a high-tech clone or not, but it's pretty similiar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    Here is PS3 link:

DM-DeadSimple-PS3.zip

I update first post tomorrow.

Edit: oh and some word if it has splash screen and DM-DeadSimple title in menu would be welcome
    Yes DM-DeadSimple is what shows up in the map list but remember you don't want the gametype prefix to be in the list ... that looks sloppy since that is not the convention UT3 uses. Next time make sure your friendly name does NOT have the gametype prefix ... just the map name. Then it will look 100% professional like the other maps. But cool it is better than v220.ut3 showing up the map list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Downloading now, will test tonight thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great map everything looks great on the PS3....

My only comment on the map going toward the area were the water splash at near the 6 stone lanterns middle top it looks like you can walk between them cause the space is so open.But you cant kinda stange I was trying to get there to look at the water and sunset lol...maybe you should place a high fence/wall instead?

Also the same thing going towards right top where the different color lamps are...there is a fence in the middle but on both ends its open and it looks like you can walk through...again it would look visual better with a fence there.Its looks strange with these open spots you can walk in without some kind of visual border.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is PS3 link:

DM-DeadSimple-PS3.zip

I update first post tomorrow.

Edit: oh and some word if it has splash screen and DM-DeadSimple title in menu would be welcome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
    **** AnubanUT2,your just pumping out great news today for the PS3 users...
    I told you folks before I may not always get it right but I try to do whats best for the community and I see people are starting to pick up on how this community works which makes it easy to want to be nice and helpful towards everyone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    **** AnubanUT2,your just pumping out great news today for the PS3 users...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem ... it was my pleasure to assist you. And yeah man that PS3 version is really smooth in the middle area ... no slow downs at all. I really like the wave effect ... I always get a kick out of that. More mappers need to use that so you may have some folks asking you how to do this. I know that the map DM-Islands could definitely benefit from a couple of waves and I know the author is up for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
    On topic:

Great changes you've made to the map dude.

Only thing I can remember not liking was the excessive use of post processing. The lights look like glowing blobs from a distance, which I think detracts from the overall quality.

Also, if there is any way you could make a few more corridors leading from the outer edge to the middle, that would really help gameplay I think considering it's annoying to get stuck on the outside with no one else to shoot at :P

The improvements in the middle area you've done are great BTW.
    Well thank you for feedback, but it is a bit late, map is long time out of beta (longer than month), so i am afraid that there will be no more changes. But you can test and give me feedback on CTF-October, that is almost done.

And:

Ps3 version is few hours delayed, I failed at giving it friendly name in ps3 menu. Hard to master ps3 cooking without ps3, and thank you Anuban for help, i may finally learn that ps3 magic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good news folks ... I tested the PS3 version cooked version after Nawrot made some changes a couple of times and it is fine now and as soon as the friendly name is corrected the Nawrot will provide you folks the link and you'll have your version on your console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On topic:

Great changes you've made to the map dude.

Only thing I can remember not liking was the excessive use of post processing. The lights look like glowing blobs from a distance, which I think detracts from the overall quality.

Also, if there is any way you could make a few more corridors leading from the outer edge to the middle, that would really help gameplay I think considering it's annoying to get stuck on the outside with no one else to shoot at :P

The improvements in the middle area you've done are great BTW.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Actually what the PS3 needs are more colorful and smooth well crafted 1 on 1 levels so it may be better to have Judith cooked for the PS3 ... just a suggestion and that way you folks have a Nawrot level in your collection.
    Yeah I agree,duel maps are just as good and fun as any another map in my opinion.There isnt allot out there....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X