DM-DeadSimple-NAW-v210 - PC & PS3 - DL, PIC, final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well either you didn't update the download links or you still have issues. I didn't even see any splash emitter for the water. Please recheck your link and actually make a new link so that it is not confusing ... maybe post it in the body of your reply to me as well just to be certain.

Edit: Yep I am looking at the file dates and these are from 12/16. That is from both links.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Man this is excellent news ... I'm downloading this right now. Thanks so much for not giving up on this really lovely map. Now many of us offline players will also be able to enjoy this level. We really appreciate when map developers do this stuff ... makes you more l33t!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
    Nice, clean and simple. I like it. Put it on my clan's server today and it plays well. I didn't notice any problems with the bots. It didn't seem to have any problem getting the amp and using it on me.
    A bump and something more:

I spend couple of days during holidays watching bots. And I fixed any path node bugs that i have idea how to fix. Bots no longer should have any trouble with getting double damage, i unlocked that door, shooting bell in harbor is no more required (thats what bots got stuck at closed door). However they occasionally get stuck and endlessly repeat one section of path network (this i replicated on epic stock maps) and I have no idea how to fix that. Also quite rare accidents when they get stuck on choosing which pickup from 2 very close need to be picked. (again i replicated it on epics map). But those 2 errors are quite rare in game, they usually happen when bot is alone and in roaming mode.

Map got some face lifting: mainly terrain for bumpy street and nice grass inside, some trees got emitters and there is huge ocean splash emitter in water.

I fixed also my other map DM-1on1-Judith, curently I am working on bot support for CTF-ThornsNEC and plain/BSP CTF-Thorns version. I will release all those fixed and new maps soon, i need a bit more lurking at bots to be sure all is fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice, clean and simple. I like it. Put it on my clan's server today and it plays well. I didn't notice any problems with the bots. It didn't seem to have any problem getting the amp and using it on me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    like i said earlier...most people come looking for completed maps and then when one isn't they complain. Most aren't dedicated enough to download and try out beta maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    Grrr, folks you really should post that feedback week ago in BETA.
    Sorry dude, I just joined recently :P

Looking forward to your next release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh and btw, if you find any other problem that is not that stupid UDamage gate post asap, do not kill my faith in UT community completely!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great job on the map dude! It's up on uXc servers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Grrr, folks you really should post that feedback week ago in BETA. I am working on next map already, well I done DM-Judith while this one was waiting for betatest! I release next version, but only if I fix that patching problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
    Pretty cool map.. good layout with a nice colour variety. Could stand to be less 'bloomy' and fuzzy, though.

Also, have you thought of adding grass to the 4 sections of the middle area cut up by the path to the temple in the center? (this shot: http://uthost.rwven.com/nawrot/DM-De...eadSimple1.jpg)
    That might give it a bit more life and will look more pleasing to the eye.
    Ahh but that is what gives it such a gorgeous next gen sheen. Good suggestion though about giving the paths a better look. I'd love to see that in a fixed version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty cool map.. good layout with a nice colour variety. Could stand to be less 'bloomy' and fuzzy, though.

Also, have you thought of adding grass to the 4 sections of the middle area cut up by the path to the temple in the center? (this shot: http://uthost.rwven.com/nawrot/DM-De...eadSimple1.jpg)
    That might give it a bit more life and will look more pleasing to the eye.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please fix the map so us offline players can really enjoy it as well ... it really is a nice map and I hate that I had to delete it. I am sure a lot of Instant Action only people would really appreciate it ... especially given the scarcity of good maps atm.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is totally cool.. on my server @ Welcome to the Void

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the problem is that no one looks in the beta forum because they want completed maps ready to download. I wish it weren't like that, but very few are dedicated enough to download and play through beta maps. I wish I had some tips for you in the lvl editing department, but I've never designed a lvl or character and it just takes too much time to get familiar with what all can be done and how to do it well. I will do more testing, but I thought that I had encountered the problem at several lower difficulties. The bots, after all, are programmed to go after power-ups so as to make them more realistic and difficult.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dam Thats stupid UDamage, they did not do it before I did rebuild for latest patch.

Edit:
    I just checked it. Only Godlike and around bots misbehave, and spectaticng spawns some dumb ones, which did not run for UDamage through locked gate, so I had no idea about that pathing issue.

I do not see a way to turn on/off path node in Kismet, if somebody in "level Editing" tells me how to do it, I will fix map. Anyway map was in beta for 2 weeks, nobody bothered to really test it, now it is quite late for fixing (this map was made for playing with new stuff in editor, not meant to be really playable).

So If you want quality maps, next time BETATEST.

For now: read comments in first post and open that stupid Gate, so bots do not get stuck there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X