No announcement yet.

DM-DeadSimple-NAW-v210 - PC & PS3 - DL, PIC, final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've quoted that statement so many times in the last few days we all know it by heart. Thanks for posting it again. Now it will be in all our dreams.
    LOL. Anyway, hoping this comes to our humble console. If not, congrats anyway on making a great looking map.

Comment

Actually what the PS3 needs are more colorful and smooth well crafted 1 on 1 levels so it may be better to have Judith cooked for the PS3 ... just a suggestion and that way you folks have a Nawrot level in your collection.

Comment

I don't agree with you there at all. In general the PS3 half of the community doesn't care too much for 1 on 1s. There is never more than 2 or 3 duel servers up for PS3, usually only 1 or 2. And it's not just this game. Not many people do cage matches on CoD4, very few did 1 on 1s on Killzone and the same goes for any shooter I've played online for PS3 or PS2. PS3 players generally like big awe-inspiring maps, packed with competition. The only people that really like 1 on 1 are the people that are typically really good at whatever game they are playing. Otherwise team games and DMs are the most played modes on PS consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
          Well man I am really glad to hear that ... I am really tired of all the low quality maps people are churning out ... its really sad compared to how things were when UT2K4 came out. Sure there are some really good levels but many levels are rushed and show little if any polish and are really poor as far as gameplay for folks who are not new to the game. And no I don't download those nor do I single them out and say negative things on people's threads but I think the mappers who do this know who they are and maybe they have valid reasons. But like I said on another thread look at folks like Setheran, IzaFly, Defender, Ignotium, Slainchild, NeoGzus, CreepyD, Crimson Death, Niceguyeddie, BigDragon, and many others and notice how they do not rush maps out the door in one week or even less and that is why their levels are so solid and ooze polish and gameplay in spades.
          Right, you mean like the UT2k4 levels themselves, quiet a few got poor ratings by beyond unreal, so I'm really not sure you have a valid reason for saying what your saying. We can have great gameplay in boxes with stairways and great fps with no textures but that dont mean we should do it.

Some people can make levels faster and or just learn quicker, just because it takes longer to come out dont mean anything or had more polish.

Comment

^^^ It my opinion okay ... I didn't say it was the law ... it is just that in my 5 years experience of seeing people make levels and leading a team where plenty of levels were created this is the conclusion I have come to. YMMV and that is fine ... now lets get back to the topic at hand.

Comment

Lets get back to the topic in hand because you say so or dont want to admit your wrong, sound like a mod to me. You can say what you want man and then change the subject back how you want, it's quiet funny to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                I don't agree with you there at all. In general the PS3 half of the community doesn't care too much for 1 on 1s. There is never more than 2 or 3 duel servers up for PS3, usually only 1 or 2. And it's not just this game. Not many people do cage matches on CoD4, very few did 1 on 1s on Killzone and the same goes for any shooter I've played online for PS3 or PS2. PS3 players generally like big awe-inspiring maps, packed with competition. The only people that really like 1 on 1 are the people that are typically really good at whatever game they are playing. Otherwise team games and DMs are the most played modes on PS consoles.
                funny I know quite a few people who would like some one v one love on the PS3 and smaller maps ... maybe you don't, I would guess not based on your post. So I was looking out for these people.

Comment

I don't agree with you there at all. In general the PS3 half of the community doesn't care too much for 1 on 1s. There is never more than 2 or 3 duel servers up for PS3, usually only 1 or 2. And it's not just this game. Not many people do cage matches on CoD4, very few did 1 on 1s on Killzone and the same goes for any shooter I've played online for PS3 or PS2. PS3 players generally like big awe-inspiring maps, packed with competition.
                  I completely agree. I never played Cage match in Cod4 and not really interested in Duel for UT3...

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    Actually what the PS3 needs are more colorful and smooth well crafted 1 on 1 levels so it may be better to have Judith cooked for the PS3 ... just a suggestion and that way you folks have a Nawrot level in your collection.
                    Yeah I agree,duel maps are just as good and fun as any another map in my opinion.There isnt allot out there....

Comment

On topic:

Great changes you've made to the map dude.

Only thing I can remember not liking was the excessive use of post processing. The lights look like glowing blobs from a distance, which I think detracts from the overall quality.

Also, if there is any way you could make a few more corridors leading from the outer edge to the middle, that would really help gameplay I think considering it's annoying to get stuck on the outside with no one else to shoot at :P

The improvements in the middle area you've done are great BTW.

Comment

Good news folks ... I tested the PS3 version cooked version after Nawrot made some changes a couple of times and it is fine now and as soon as the friendly name is corrected the Nawrot will provide you folks the link and you'll have your version on your console.

Comment

Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
                          On topic:

Great changes you've made to the map dude.

Only thing I can remember not liking was the excessive use of post processing. The lights look like glowing blobs from a distance, which I think detracts from the overall quality.

Also, if there is any way you could make a few more corridors leading from the outer edge to the middle, that would really help gameplay I think considering it's annoying to get stuck on the outside with no one else to shoot at :P

The improvements in the middle area you've done are great BTW.
                          Well thank you for feedback, but it is a bit late, map is long time out of beta (longer than month), so i am afraid that there will be no more changes. But you can test and give me feedback on CTF-October, that is almost done.

And:

Ps3 version is few hours delayed, I failed at giving it friendly name in ps3 menu. Hard to master ps3 cooking without ps3, and thank you Anuban for help, i may finally learn that ps3 magic.

Comment

No problem ... it was my pleasure to assist you. And yeah man that PS3 version is really smooth in the middle area ... no slow downs at all. I really like the wave effect ... I always get a kick out of that. More mappers need to use that so you may have some folks asking you how to do this. I know that the map DM-Islands could definitely benefit from a couple of waves and I know the author is up for it.

Comment

**** AnubanUT2,your just pumping out great news today for the PS3 users...

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
                                **** AnubanUT2,your just pumping out great news today for the PS3 users...
                                I told you folks before I may not always get it right but I try to do whats best for the community and I see people are starting to pick up on how this community works which makes it easy to want to be nice and helpful towards everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X