DM-DeadSimple-NAW-v210 - PC & PS3 - DL, PIC, final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You don't need a PS3 to see the problem with the water/terrain. All i have to do is load this map into the unreal editor and go under tools to the check map for errors option. This will pull up 5 terrain_0 errors which say missing shader map for all 5 errors. If one click on one of the errors and use the goto button it will show the multi-colored area in the bottom left box where the map is displayed with textures. You might not see this since you most likely have textures files I don't. Just a guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cobra991 View Post
    I cooked it for the PS3 and the water around the court yard is multi colored (pink, yellow, blue, etc.) so it looks wierd. everything else looked and ran ok.
    This can be hard to find out what causes it on PS3 without having PS3. I try to make simple water shader version. I think in those points engine exceeds texture limits. Same effects happens when too many textures are applied to terrain. But you folks need to have some more patience.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Larry L View Post
    Wow, I never realized this was an original DOOM map. I didn't recognize the name. And looks wise, I can't recall which level this was in the original DOOM. Can anyone jog my memory. I remember all the levels, I'm just not recognizing any of them in this map. No offense to the creator. The map looks amazing. My memory and obviously shape recognition is the problem LOL. I must play this map. Is that splashing sea shore active? If so, that is amazing.

OK, after finding a pic of the original I remember it well now. DOOM2. I recognized the square now. Nice remake.

How about a "Knee Deep in the Dead" remake now?
    I remembered Dead Simple.

It was the one that had a lot of arachnotrons. (Little Spider Brains). The level had a kind of square courtyard.

I remember Go 2 It. Now that was a hard level. I couldn't even get past the mancubus without cheats.

My favorite level was the Gatekeeper one, though. The one that spawned in monsters. Very fun with iddqd. (and idkfa)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nawrot, can you please fix this and cook it for the PS3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cooked it for the PS3 and the water around the court yard is multi colored (pink, yellow, blue, etc.) so it looks wierd. everything else looked and ran ok.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nawrot
    Screenshots look great, please cook for the PS3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey this looks like a really fun map. if it wouldnt be to much trouble on the creator could we get it cooked for the ps3 i think that this would be really fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, I never realized this was an original DOOM map. I didn't recognize the name. And looks wise, I can't recall which level this was in the original DOOM. Can anyone jog my memory. I remember all the levels, I'm just not recognizing any of them in this map. No offense to the creator. The map looks amazing. My memory and obviously shape recognition is the problem LOL. I must play this map. Is that splashing sea shore active? If so, that is amazing.

OK, after finding a pic of the original I remember it well now. DOOM2. I recognized the square now. Nice remake.

How about a "Knee Deep in the Dead" remake now?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    Hopefullr really last update, just renamed maps to admin and vote friendly names.
    DM-1on1-Judith-v120
    DM-DeadSimple-v210
    Sorry for all that mess, there are so many tiny things to remember.
    Thanks man! Many of us server admins use the free redirect so we can't just remove the old files, this helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hopefullr really last update, just renamed maps to admin and vote friendly names.
    DM-1on1-Judith-v120
    DM-DeadSimple-v210
    Sorry for all that mess, there are so many tiny things to remember.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem .... it's only takes a hit in the inner area with the trees and grass. Outside is still smooth as silk. Man I really dig the wave emitter ... that is just so cool and I have not seen that used in any other of the many user created levels ... you are the first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it is combined result of terrain+grass+leaf and waterfall emitters. Terrain has biggest impact, I assumed that foliage (terrain setup done by Epic) will have balanced Level of Detail, it is impossible to occlude or hide terrain as map BSP was partially redesigned for it (has big hole below terrain). I think removing emitters will add like 5-10 fps no more.

And i am at work, so no quick fix, but anyway i think it is not possible without going back for plain BSP floors.

I did not dig into new UT3, but in UT2004 there was some INI tweak that changed radius of visible foliage, maybe it is for UT3 also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I enjoyed this map and really liked the emittes for the ocean wave ... that was cool .. however, the grass or maybe its the tree leafs seem to cause performance issues ... my fps actually took a hit and that hasn't happened to many times before. Anyway I would ask if you could make a quick test without the grass and the tree leafs since you did add them in without letting anyone beta test them to see if there would be problems. That is the only issue I had ... everything else is fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump once more.

Just released fixed version. This time I did not fall asleep.

New stuff:
    totally new bot pathing
    terrain with grass and another one to simulate bumpy street
    emitters for ocean wave and tree leafs
    some new sounds
    bots no more get stuck at gate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wrote in first post that I am about to release, but then I feel asleep during last testing of bot support. So I am sorry i try not to get bored to death with bots, and probably release tomorrow morning, as this forum is impossible to update for me from home, I can only post from work.

and:
    Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    I will release all those fixed and new maps soon, i need a bit more lurking at bots to be sure all is fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X