No announcement yet.

DM-DeadSimple-NAW-v210 - PC & PS3 - DL, PIC, final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I never realized this was an original DOOM map. I didn't recognize the name. And looks wise, I can't recall which level this was in the original DOOM. Can anyone jog my memory. I remember all the levels, I'm just not recognizing any of them in this map. No offense to the creator. The map looks amazing. My memory and obviously shape recognition is the problem LOL. I must play this map. Is that splashing sea shore active? If so, that is amazing.

OK, after finding a pic of the original I remember it well now. DOOM2. I recognized the square now. Nice remake.

How about a "Knee Deep in the Dead" remake now?

Comment

Hey this looks like a really fun map. if it wouldnt be to much trouble on the creator could we get it cooked for the ps3 i think that this would be really fun.

Comment

Nawrot
        Screenshots look great, please cook for the PS3

Comment

I cooked it for the PS3 and the water around the court yard is multi colored (pink, yellow, blue, etc.) so it looks wierd. everything else looked and ran ok.

Comment

Nawrot, can you please fix this and cook it for the PS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
              Wow, I never realized this was an original DOOM map. I didn't recognize the name. And looks wise, I can't recall which level this was in the original DOOM. Can anyone jog my memory. I remember all the levels, I'm just not recognizing any of them in this map. No offense to the creator. The map looks amazing. My memory and obviously shape recognition is the problem LOL. I must play this map. Is that splashing sea shore active? If so, that is amazing.

OK, after finding a pic of the original I remember it well now. DOOM2. I recognized the square now. Nice remake.

How about a "Knee Deep in the Dead" remake now?
              I remembered Dead Simple.

It was the one that had a lot of arachnotrons. (Little Spider Brains). The level had a kind of square courtyard.

I remember Go 2 It. Now that was a hard level. I couldn't even get past the mancubus without cheats.

My favorite level was the Gatekeeper one, though. The one that spawned in monsters. Very fun with iddqd. (and idkfa)

Comment

Originally posted by cobra991 View Post
                I cooked it for the PS3 and the water around the court yard is multi colored (pink, yellow, blue, etc.) so it looks wierd. everything else looked and ran ok.
                This can be hard to find out what causes it on PS3 without having PS3. I try to make simple water shader version. I think in those points engine exceeds texture limits. Same effects happens when too many textures are applied to terrain. But you folks need to have some more patience.

Comment

You don't need a PS3 to see the problem with the water/terrain. All i have to do is load this map into the unreal editor and go under tools to the check map for errors option. This will pull up 5 terrain_0 errors which say missing shader map for all 5 errors. If one click on one of the errors and use the goto button it will show the multi-colored area in the bottom left box where the map is displayed with textures. You might not see this since you most likely have textures files I don't. Just a guess.

Comment

this map looks awesome, hope to see it on the black box eventually. If not..well, I really like what I see int he screenshots

Comment

Oh dude.. great job on the updating of this map. Dunno if you saw my post about adding grass and colour to the inside arena part but I'm glad you decided to put some there

Comment

Oh wow,very cool map man....ha I like the water splash against the rocks...but also hopefully a PS3 version if made will work and look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
                          Oh wow,very cool map man....ha I like the water splash against the rocks...but also hopefully a PS3 version if made will work and look the same.
                          Well that probably won't be happening anytime soon ...

Originally posted by cobra991 View Post
                          Other people have also been waiting for the PS3 version to be fixed but remember this from Mark Rein:

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                          Folks,

Please stop asking over and over for mods to be cooked. Eventually that turns into trolling and we will ban you for that. One request is fine. People making mods have already gone to a great deal of trouble for the benefit of the community. Not all of those mods are going to be ideal for PS3 and it is the choice of the mod maker to decide to cook it to PS3 or not. So be polite and appreciative and maybe they'll help you. Be incessant and annoying and you're likely going to hurt the community more than you help it. We'll also kick you off this forum if you do so repeatedly.

Comment

You've quoted that statement so many times in the last few days we all know it by heart. Thanks for posting it again. Now it will be in all our dreams.

In another thread Omega, Nawrot replied to my identical request saying this map has problems. It didn't just sound like a rainbow water problem, cuz that wouldn't be too bad, he made it sound like a problem with the map itself. If I had my way, there would be like 20 or so original DOOM maps re-made for UT3. If I can get a decent laptop cheap, DOOM maps will be what I practice with.

Comment

Indeed map has 2 problems: one is that ugly rainbow on water. I think PS3 excedes texture limit there, so simple solution to make simple shader, or remove sand from terrain. And I am working on water shader for my CTF-October, when its done I apply it for DeadSimple also.

But there is another problem that may cause some random things. Uncooked map (cooked also) seems to be somehow corrupted, I am getting: "editor only actor reference" on terrain_0, but when I deleted terrain_0 i got that error on playerstart. Then after i deleted all player starts it went on pathnodes. And so on until there was only CSG left.

Oh and I generally slowed down with maping. Those first 4 rushed maps were done so fast because I was learning new things. Now I want to take time I polish next maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post

Oh and I generally slowed down with maping. Those first 4 rushed maps were done so fast because I was learning new things. Now I want to take time I polish next maps.
                                Well man I am really glad to hear that ... I am really tired of all the low quality maps people are churning out ... its really sad compared to how things were when UT2K4 came out. Sure there are some really good levels but many levels are rushed and show little if any polish and are really poor as far as gameplay for folks who are not new to the game. And no I don't download those nor do I single them out and say negative things on people's threads but I think the mappers who do this know who they are and maybe they have valid reasons. But like I said on another thread look at folks like Setheran, IzaFly, Defender, Ignotium, Slainchild, NeoGzus, CreepyD, Crimson Death, Niceguyeddie, BigDragon, and many others and notice how they do not rush maps out the door in one week or even less and that is why their levels are so solid and ooze polish and gameplay in spades.

Comment

Working...
                                X