No announcement yet.

DM-DeadSimple-NAW-v210 - PC & PS3 - DL, PIC, final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job on the map dude! It's up on uXc servers!

Comment

oh and btw, if you find any other problem that is not that stupid UDamage gate post asap, do not kill my faith in UT community completely!

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        Grrr, folks you really should post that feedback week ago in BETA.
        Sorry dude, I just joined recently :P

Looking forward to your next release.

Comment

like i said earlier...most people come looking for completed maps and then when one isn't they complain. Most aren't dedicated enough to download and try out beta maps.

Comment

Nice, clean and simple. I like it. Put it on my clan's server today and it plays well. I didn't notice any problems with the bots. It didn't seem to have any problem getting the amp and using it on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
              Nice, clean and simple. I like it. Put it on my clan's server today and it plays well. I didn't notice any problems with the bots. It didn't seem to have any problem getting the amp and using it on me.
              A bump and something more:

I spend couple of days during holidays watching bots. And I fixed any path node bugs that i have idea how to fix. Bots no longer should have any trouble with getting double damage, i unlocked that door, shooting bell in harbor is no more required (thats what bots got stuck at closed door). However they occasionally get stuck and endlessly repeat one section of path network (this i replicated on epic stock maps) and I have no idea how to fix that. Also quite rare accidents when they get stuck on choosing which pickup from 2 very close need to be picked. (again i replicated it on epics map). But those 2 errors are quite rare in game, they usually happen when bot is alone and in roaming mode.

Map got some face lifting: mainly terrain for bumpy street and nice grass inside, some trees got emitters and there is huge ocean splash emitter in water.

I fixed also my other map DM-1on1-Judith, curently I am working on bot support for CTF-ThornsNEC and plain/BSP CTF-Thorns version. I will release all those fixed and new maps soon, i need a bit more lurking at bots to be sure all is fixed.

Comment

Man this is excellent news ... I'm downloading this right now. Thanks so much for not giving up on this really lovely map. Now many of us offline players will also be able to enjoy this level. We really appreciate when map developers do this stuff ... makes you more l33t!

Comment

Well either you didn't update the download links or you still have issues. I didn't even see any splash emitter for the water. Please recheck your link and actually make a new link so that it is not confusing ... maybe post it in the body of your reply to me as well just to be certain.

Edit: Yep I am looking at the file dates and these are from 12/16. That is from both links.

Comment

I wrote in first post that I am about to release, but then I feel asleep during last testing of bot support. So I am sorry i try not to get bored to death with bots, and probably release tomorrow morning, as this forum is impossible to update for me from home, I can only post from work.

and:
                    I will release all those fixed and new maps soon, i need a bit more lurking at bots to be sure all is fixed.

Comment

Bump once more.

Just released fixed version. This time I did not fall asleep.

New stuff:
                      totally new bot pathing
                      terrain with grass and another one to simulate bumpy street
                      emitters for ocean wave and tree leafs
                      some new sounds
                      bots no more get stuck at gate

Comment

I enjoyed this map and really liked the emittes for the ocean wave ... that was cool .. however, the grass or maybe its the tree leafs seem to cause performance issues ... my fps actually took a hit and that hasn't happened to many times before. Anyway I would ask if you could make a quick test without the grass and the tree leafs since you did add them in without letting anyone beta test them to see if there would be problems. That is the only issue I had ... everything else is fine.

Comment

I think it is combined result of terrain+grass+leaf and waterfall emitters. Terrain has biggest impact, I assumed that foliage (terrain setup done by Epic) will have balanced Level of Detail, it is impossible to occlude or hide terrain as map BSP was partially redesigned for it (has big hole below terrain). I think removing emitters will add like 5-10 fps no more.

And i am at work, so no quick fix, but anyway i think it is not possible without going back for plain BSP floors.

I did not dig into new UT3, but in UT2004 there was some INI tweak that changed radius of visible foliage, maybe it is for UT3 also.

Comment

No problem .... it's only takes a hit in the inner area with the trees and grass. Outside is still smooth as silk. Man I really dig the wave emitter ... that is just so cool and I have not seen that used in any other of the many user created levels ... you are the first.

Comment

Hopefullr really last update, just renamed maps to admin and vote friendly names.
                              DM-1on1-Judith-v120
                              DM-DeadSimple-v210
                              Sorry for all that mess, there are so many tiny things to remember.

Comment

Hopefullr really last update, just renamed maps to admin and vote friendly names.
                                DM-1on1-Judith-v120
                                DM-DeadSimple-v210
                                Sorry for all that mess, there are so many tiny things to remember.
                                Thanks man! Many of us server admins use the free redirect so we can't just remove the old files, this helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X