• Show
Clear All

DM-DG-Hypoxia [pics][final] PC & PS3

Name: DM-DG-Hypoxia
    Version: final version
    Requirements: UT3 PC and PS3 Versions
    Players: 2 to 8 (20 playerstarts)
    Download: DGUnreal Web site
    Mirrors: Multiple mirror links on the site page. Official hi-speed mirror here.

A small arena style map great for flak and rocket fragging. Includes most standard weapons. Similar style to Gael etc. but with a varied layout and dark metal industrial look. Excellent with 3 to 5 players and the slow kill mutator.

Preview screenshots:

Wewt! Thanks DG! Great work as always!

Comment

You sir, ****ing win! DM-Gael was an awesome 1v1 map in 2k4, and this remake looks awesome. Thank you.

Comment

Wow. Stunning visuals. <3 Gael. Great job.

Comment

This looks very.. appealing!

Thanks man!

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Wow just looks Very real... like its areal building.. the design of it just wow

Comment

Great map - good job indeed!

Comment

Instant keeper!

I vaguely recall some beta screenies with more color. Did you increase Scene_Desaturation?

Comment

I am still waiting to see something with terrain and an outdoor theme ... like an outdoor jungle theme or even an Antalus like map and I know that DG can make a level like that like noone else can because of his excellent talent at terrain mapping. So how about an Antalus-2 or a DesertIsle 2 ... those were two of my favorite DM maps in UT04 and I would love to see something like that for UT3.

And no Krodan does not cut it imo (it is a nice map though in its own rights) ... it is not large enough nor does it flow well enough to compare to either of those two (and the placement of the U-Damage is just not good at all ... a dead end? WTF is that all about? what happened to flow?), although granted it looks good. So please DG come through and make an awesome DM map on par with either of the two I mentioned (also DM-CPB2-Archipelago was good but the sliding panel doors really hampered gameplay to an extent and with Antalus and DesertIsle you don't have this issue). Another really nice open map is DM-Remnant from UC2 ... I always liked that map and felt it would be a good addition to any UT game on the PC.

Anyway just some things to think about since all of us who are familiar with your UT04 work know how excellent your terrain mapping skills are in addition to being good with the standard industrial level as shown here.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

yay !

I cant wait for more map from you too
                        Big out door map please ?

Comment

The final release was worth waiting for, great map dude.

Tell me, how'd you get the colours so bright? The colours in the Epic maps are so muted compared to yours...

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                            (and the placement of the U-Damage is just not good at all ... a dead end? WTF is that all about? what happened to flow?)
                            It's perfect . . .

->

The only thing that I do not like me was that you could save from the fall walking in some pipes . . .

And that you dead very fast falling . . .

Comment

Sweet map as always. Looking forward to your next one.

Comment

Working...
                              X