• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Renamed]CTF-BarnBurner

Name: CTF-BarnBurner
    Version: FINAL
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: This is a remake of the first BarnBurner, I tried to make it as accurate as possible to the original map in UT99. Bot paths and weapons and everything is included.
    Screenshot: (below)
    Credits: Me(TwïsteD) and the -)AO(- clan.
    Homepage: www.xkclan.net
    Download: http://www.xkclan.net/downloads/maps.../download.html

--Version 2--
    Made everything a little smaller
    Better textures and lightning
    Removed XK logo
    Fixed some glitches

--Version FINAL--
    Made the map a little longer
    The box beside the flag is shorter
    Better lightning
    Renamed map

--Installation--
    Unpack in your documents folder and it should extract the files at the right place.

Well I haven't played the map myself, but from the screenshot I think you have done a pretty nice job.

Comment

looks good

Comment

It looks very, uhm... retro. I'm sure it plays great, though.

And what a weird name! Was CTF-BarnBurner taken?

Comment

The name for this map makes it seem like it was developed by a 12 year old. XKI1337v2? You don't need that.

Comment

This is a remake, i'm not the original creator of the map so I don't want to steal the flat name, XK cause thats my clan, l337 cause the map we play in 2k4 and on which the design is kind of based is CTF-)AO(-BarnBurner2k4l337 and v2 cause its the version 2 to prevent mismatches, yep.

Comment

w00t

w00t

Best map ever for instagib

Glad you guys could make it for ut3.
              Originally posted by Rocknificent View Post
              The name for this map makes it seem like it was developed by a 12 year old. XKI1337v2? You don't need that.
              I'm going to have to concur with this guy:

I understand the reasoning for v2 as the originals lighting apparently made people freak out

but serioslyCTF--)AO(-BarnBurner is a great name

CTF--)AO(-BarnBurnerXKI1337v2 sounds like some wacky ***** remake of an original map.

And from what I understand, this is the original, but made for UT3. Why make it sound like its not original.

This is more then likely the most popular map for UT99, and UT2k4 (with the exception of thorns, but then again witch thorns wins, theres so many of them)

I say you do your final adjustments, and rename the map what it should be. lets not have a million remakes of one map tho shall we?

Originally posted by twist99 View Post
              This is a remake, i'm not the original creator of the map so I don't want to steal the flat name, XK cause thats my clan, l337 cause the map we play in 2k4 and on which the design is kind of based is CTF-)AO(-BarnBurner2k4l337 and v2 cause its the version 2 to prevent mismatches, yep.

See I thought you were the original maker.

Were is he anyways? Come out come out were ever you are original map maker!

Apparently someone already made this map and the Original map maker DID come out:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585453

He didn't seem to happy either.

Farthermore:

AgouraSteve Wrote

Gamertag: (A.S.S)Agoura

Thanks for posting up a better link; Zeal.

I'd say that since you totally changed it up and renamed it, there would be no
              reason for anyone to delete the thread. Looks like a second level (second story floor was added)

I'm sure the thread stays. If not, I'll be scratching my head as to why it would
              get deleted.
              BarnBurner has been remade more then any other map in UT that I am aware
              of, and this one map post is getting singled out only because it is on the Epic
              site.
              What about the other 200 remakes of BarnBurner...Almost every single clan
              has made a remake, removed the fog, etc and so forth.
              It has also been remade as a DM map as well as a BR map.

Even expecting a thread deletion seems silly to me, but who knows.
              Even harder to understand would be how anyone would know to email Wolverine, unless
              the original map included his info.
              MrZeaL made his attempt at saying he didn't create the origianl content here:
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MrZeaL
              Credits: Me, xlc, and whoever originally made barnburner.
              )AO( Clan dissapeared long ago, sadly. It is a shame. Cool peeps were in that clan. Especially Machina.
              Wolverine has apparently taken a sense of ownership even though he did not create the content either, just by virtue of knowing his friends Son (The author).
              How could anyone know this information.
              Since )AO( clan was disbanded and has not existed for years now, it seems that there would be no
              place to post, or find out this info., so an email to the friend of the author
              is an unrealistic expectation. Just my opinion.

Also as far as courtesy is concerned, the typical diplomacy in this type of situation would be to
              rename the map giving credit to the author.
              ( ie; CTF-)AO(Barnburner-[MrZeaL] )

Anyway, thanks again for the new link, and I'll get this up on some of our Clan
              servers once the Dedicated Server package has been fixed by Epic.
              It has too many issues at the moment.

Peace. Cya in the game.

Comment

Good job on making the map.

I have to agree with the others though, keep the name simple... I don't think anyone will care if its the same as the old one.

Comment

Imagine someone else making a map and calling it CTF-BarnBurner... there goes your chance.

Comment

oh wait, imagine like 5 other people making a map called barn burner.....

Comment

WoW thats a long post CaNaDaUT, Zeal is not the original maker, he's long gone since UT99. Seems like everyone don't like the name, it's true that it looks ugly tough so I will make final adjustments and repack it I will drop the )AO( and just call it CTF-BarnBurner if anyone has any objections or suggestion for the final version post them now.

Comment

Originally posted by twist99 View Post
                        WoW thats a long post CaNaDaUT, Zeal is not the original maker, he's long gone since UT99. Seems like everyone don't like the name, it's true that it looks ugly tough so I will make final adjustments and repack it I will drop the )AO( and just call it CTF-BarnBurner if anyone has any objections or suggestion for the final version post them now.

Sounds like a good suggestion to call it CTF-BarnBurner. I put my vote in for that name.

Comment

I actually had NO intent whatsoever of registering on these boards. I was quite content just silently trolling as an anonymous guest. I had no plans on downloading any custom maps or custom characters. Well that went to **** the second I downloaded the Xan beta character. And I thought to myself "Well I bet the maps are just as good too." So I extended my trolling to the posted maps. Well I saw this map and thought to myself "What the heck, ill give this map a shot. My PC struggles to run UT3 at 20fps, so this map looked like it would go easy on my hardware for once. No fancy brushes or effects, no uber detailed intricate map layout, just in your face CTF. So I bit, and downloaded.

Oh my freakin god. What a FANTASTIC map! I kid you not, from the moment I was pushed into the game, I was firing! Thats never happened before! I had so much fun just sitting back and ordering the bots, watching the carnage unfold. But it was when I decided to jump into the mess is when it happened. For the first time since UT99, I actually was getting the **** kicked out of me/kicking the **** out of people with a SMILE on my face. I realized that for so long I have been taking this game WAY too seriously. I had so much fun the first game that I decided to amp it up, and max the bots out. WOW. That was so much more fun than the last game. I think that for the first time since DM-UrbanArena2 I have found a map that will have a special place in my fondest gaming memories. So much fun and yet so much carnage. Take pride in this map. I know you do, but this map has so much more to offer than flashy looks. It has the core elements in it that drew me to the game in the first place. Loads of fun and tons of chaos.

I will be keeping an eye out on the maps boards from now on, anxious to try out new releases, hoping to find another awesome map like this one, but I dont think I will any time soon. As far as fun goes, this map just coup de gras any map out there. Thank you for releasing this absolute GEM.

Comment

Wow thanks a lot, glad you liked it that much

Comment

Looks a lot better than before ! Lighting is great much better texturing than before altough it could still be better. This is now my favourite version of barnburner.

Comment

Working...
                              X