No announcement yet.

VCTF-Torlan_v1.2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would work for most maps, but on some maps (Sinkhole, Islander, TankCrossing, maybe Floodgate) the cores are in inaccessible places.

Comment

Theres another bug in this map i want to mention. As i said above i voted for you and love the map and do appriciate it. But this bug really bubs me, pun intended. So i wanted to mention it in hopes you or someone else if you don't want to might fix it.

the bug is that map allows the translocator unlike other vctf maps. It wouldn't bother me but 1)-i hate the translocator and always use the "no translocator" mutator when playing CTF. 2)- the translocator is not even in the wepons hud, so you never know where it is in the linup. I accidentally go to it in combat and sometimes die because i'm in heated battle with no weapon all of a sudden.

so again, i love the map and don't want you to take this the wrong way after all the work you put into it. But if you can fix it or allow someone else to that would be fantastic, as this map will likely be a fav of mine for a long time to come.

Comment

Great map, nice job TC.

5/5 stars.

Comment

@iknowjohnny: On the Hoverboard bug: Nice catch. I'll see what I can do, but since I didn't mess with the AI at all, this bug *should* also be present in WAR-Torlan, as well.

On the Translocator: I, and my entire clan, HATE the Tranny as much as you do. I'll see what I can do about eliminating the TR paths, but, again, this is something that was already in-place for the WAR version. Since I'm relatively new to UE, it might take some experimentation to get it right. An alternative; Our clan refuses to allow the Tranny on our server, so we will be creating a "NoTranny" mute. Once done, I'll get a link posted in the UTForums. That way, you can kill the Tranny on all of the maps without waiting for a non-tranny version of a map to appear.

Thanks for all of the support, guys! And, thanks for the votes!

Comment

Fantastic !!! Whether a fix or mut that would be awesome. Of course there is already a no tanslocator mut in the stock game, but it only shows in the list when you pick a CTF map, but it's not there when you pick a VCTF since usually the transolocator isn't available in VTCF. But this map being a conversion it's apparently missing whatever coding is needed to remove it like stock VTCF maps do. Thanks

Comment

UPDATE: its not the map that is the problem with the translocator !!! Sorry i jumped the gun, but after experimenting by removing mutators i found it was a mutator that was causing it. The binblaster weapon mut was the culprit. The hoverboard issue in the river is the map tho because i removed all muts and tried it but that issue remained. but don't worry bout the translocator. thats an issue for the person who made the binblaster weapon.

Comment

Johnny: I tested Epic's WAR-Torlan; the Hoverboard bug is embedded in their default map, I'm afraid. Try the WAR-Torlan map, and you'll see it there. I can't seem to find a workaround that's effective. I did notice that in both WAR-Torlan and VCTF-Torlan that the entire run from the mouth to the mid-point is not affected. If you play the map with zero opponents (to keep from getting constantly shot at ), then try taking the run one-step-at-a-time, trying the Q button with each step, you will find that the hoverboard wll appear about every three or four steps. Damned bazaar, if you ask me. Since the bug is in Epic's default map, it may take them to figure out a solution. I tried a number of things, but none worked. Part of me is relieved that I didn't create this bug, but another part of me wishes I had; Like, if I accidentally deleted a volume or something. At least, then it would have been an easy fix; Find the differences between the two maps, CTRL+C - CTRL+V, and the fix would be done!

Comment

Actually, i found a work-around thats fine. Just jump, and in the middle of the jump hit the hoverboard key and it works. Or another way is jump up one the bank if it's not too steep where you are and you can then activate the board. The bug only happens when you are in the water with your feet planted either walking or standing still. But once you get your feet out of the water you can board.

Comment

Well, it turns out that it is not a bug, after all. The reason why you can't use your Hoverboard in certain areas of the river near Red Base mouth is because the water is *deeper* there. Once you are in the water so deep, the Hoverboard is supposed to disable. I tried adjusting the Z-axis of the water, but once I got the water shallow enough that you could use your HB anywhere in it, the water was too low and actually *under* the riverbed near Blue Base mouth. I'm thinking, for aesthetics here, we would be better off using your Jump+HB workaround, rather than destroying the look of the river.

Comment

this map is fing huge even for VCTF...too large for my tastes but i know a good many people were waiting for it so i wont down you for making it

Comment

bob: I guess it's all in how you define huge. Huge for 4 on 4 or 5 on 5; Yes. However, our clan's server (if a Linux distro *EVER* gets released) will probably be set for 24 slots. 12-12 is a nice number for a map this size. Besides, it's no bigger, or smaller for that matter, than UT2k4's VCTF-Torlan. Now, if you want to talk Huge, let's talk about UT2k4's VCTF-Valarna...

Now, that's *HUGE*!

Comment

I only play SP, but if i had my way this map would be on the small side for a vehicle map ! I like huge areas to roam as i head to the other base as long as it's a vehicle map. Makes it a lot less boring, and in vehicles a much smaller map means by the time you jump in the vehicle and hit forward it's time to jump out. Bigger maps also mean more different ways to go.......again, relieves the bordom factor. Now CTF and any non vehicle game, then i can see much smaller.

Comment

I guess I am just more of a fan more chaotic action than a map this large can readily provide. I also prefer to not have to use vehicles as a main transport. I'm a fan of VCTF maps like sandstorm in that the vehicle use is almost completely for the sole purpose of increasing firepower. When I have the flag I dont want to have to run or hoverboard for all eternity to get back to my base. Like I said though, this is strictly my opinion and has nothing to do with this map specifically so I'll withhold a rating.

Comment

Bob: You're kidding! Are you cranking up the number of Bots??? UT3, by default, gives you the MINIMUM number of bots; in this case, 11. That is only 6 on 6, and yeah, that would make for a slow map. Crank up the Number Of Opponents to the max of 31 for some 16 on 16 action. You'll be in your first firefight about 10 seconds after you spawn in, and in about 5 seconds after each respawn.

As for putting vehicles in small maps for the "sole purpose to increase firepower", why not just put a dozen Redeemers in a small CTF map, and call it a day? With hand-held Super-weapons like the Deemer, and more super-weapons will be on the way thanks to modders, there is simply no need to add vehicles to a map that is too small to drive anywhere. Using vehicles just to increase firepower just isn't logical. The whole point in the development of Vehicle support for UT's VCTF was for the purpose of being able to create more expansive maps.

As far as Hoverboarding long distances with the flag, have you tried grappling onto a Raptor or Fury yet? Hoverboarding a hundred feet above the ground is a blast!

Besides, my clan's chief resident mute-maker is busy working on several mutators that will be featured on our server, and we are planning to make them available, so non-online players can download them and run the mutes solo;
                              Apoc MatrixMoves will give you super-high jump, wall running, and mid-air hovering capabilites. (Like that opening scene with Trinity and the cops in the movie The Matrix)
                              Apoc CarryTF mute will give you the ability to carry a flag in any non-flying vehicle, as well as eliminating the flag transport. If the flag is dropped, you don't simply touch it to transport it to your base. You actually pick up your own flag and either run it back to your base, or run it to the enemy's base and score on their flag.

Comment

I'll tell you what i'd love to see....a mut where you can configure it so that if the flag is dropped it stays where it was dropped till someone gets it. Normally if no one gets to it within about 30 seconds or maybe a minute, it automatically goes back to the base. i can't tell you how many times i have died with the flag and then run back to where i dropped it and just as i'm approaching it it disappears and goes back to the base w/o anyone touching it. I suppose they do that in case the flag ends up dropped in a place where theres no way to get to it. but they could give you a way around that in the mut like a keybind that sends it back after a certain time. Maybe not a mut for MP, but for offline bot play i've always wished for that in 2004 and now UT3.

Comment

Working...
                                X