VCTF-Torlan_v1.2.4

Name: VCTF-Torlan
    Version: v1.2.4
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3 v2.1
    Description: WAR to VCTF conversion. Changes include:

(v1.0.9)
    Replaced pickups on top of bridge tower with UDamage & Invisibility pickups
    Deleted all Warfare power nodes.
    Deleted 2 Red Team & 2 Blue Team Mantas.
    Deleted mid-base gun turrets & defense actors.
    Added 1 Red Team & 1 Blue Team Viper, DarkWalker, Nemesis, & Fury.
    Changed the 2 mid-map scorpions (under the bridge) to neutral.
    Added 2 neutral Scavengers across the creek from the neutral Scorpions.
    Added 1 Redeemer to middle of the bridge.
    Added Super-Health under the bridge.
    Replaced Red Team & Blue Team power cores with Red Team & Blue Team Flag bases.
    Comments: I cannot seem to get the turret tracks for the primary bases' turret guns to work properly. I'm just too new to UnrealEd, I guess. For now, I deleted the track nodes & Kismet sequence. Turret guns can still rotate, pivot, zoom, & fire, but they can't strafe across the tracks. To compensate, I added an additional Stinger Turret to the primary bases' side wall.

(v1.2.4)
    Updated Kismet/Matinee for gun turrets in main bases. Both turrets now strafe properly.
    Moved Redeemer from bridge to top of tower.
    Moved Berserk from bridge to sub-base under bridge.
    Added portals to connect bridge with tower top.
    Added portals to connect Nemesis sub-base to main base for both teams.
    Added MapPic screenshot for Instant Action.

MapPic:
    Screenshots; 20-pic photo album available at PhotoBucket: VCTF-Torlan Photo Album

Credits: Epic Games for WAR-Torlan & [Apoc]Famine for some UE advice.

FileFront
    Download for PC: VCTF-Torlan_v1.2.4 for PC
    Download for PS3: VCTF-Torlan_v1.2.4 for PS3

Unreal Playground
    Download for PC: VCTF-Torlan_v1.2.4 for PC
    Download for PS3: VCTF-Torlan_v1.2.4 for PS3

I knew this would happen eventually.

I liked torlan in VCTF by the way, glad to see someone approach this.

67mb zipped though, holy hell. DId epic include assets in separate files? The size suggests all the meshes are embedded in the map.

Comment

Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
        I knew this would happen eventually.

I liked torlan in VCTF by the way, glad to see someone approach this.

67mb zipped though, holy hell. DId epic include assets in separate files? The size suggests all the meshes are embedded in the map.
        Yeah, it's all embedded. Fortunately, FileFront isn't too bad of a download. It's pipe is WAY fatter than our Clan's. Hope you enjoy.

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
        Nice one.
        Glad you like it. I just wish I could have figured out that blasted Kismet turret track sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by [Apoc]Cerberus View Post
          Yeah, it's all embedded. Fortunately, FileFront isn't too bad of a download. It's pipe is WAY fatter than our Clan's. Hope you enjoy.

Glad you like it. I just wish I could have figured out that blasted Kismet turret track sequence.
          You can always release a new version eventually.

As for the official files being embedded in maps, that stinks for mappers and players in general. Having to redownload the files with every custom map is going to kill unreal download fansites/custom servers.

Although, maybe we're wrong. I hope so.

Comment

Could you make Map Converter CTF as Mutator ?

like UT2004's Mutator ?
            I want to play all Warfare Maps as CTF or VCTF
            Map Converter CTF for UT2004

http://membres.lycos.fr/unrealmuscat...nverterCTF.php

Comment

Whoa! Nice..

But I think there are too many vehicles in Torlan-VCTF :P

Comment

Nice map!

My only issue is file size. I ran it on my server and selected the map... Hopefully I'll be able to join the match in about 2 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen! View Post
                  My only issue is file size.
                  Yeah, that's the one thing that sucks about a conversion map. WAR-Torlan weighed in at 69MB before I even started the conversion. Throw in some more vehicles, and "BAM!", you're up to 79MB without even trying very hard! Good thing my Clan's upcoming server has a T3 redirect server.

All of Epic's WARFARE maps are rather large; WAR-Islander: 63.3MB; WAR-Avalanche: 66.5MB; WAR-Downtown: 51MB; WAR-Dusk: 51.2MB; WAR-Floodgate: 67MB; WAR-MarketDistrict: 43.4MB; WAR-OnyxCoast: 59.5MB; WAR-PowerSurge: 56.6MB; WAR-Serenity: 55.1MB; WAR-Sinkhole: 47.7MB (though, I'm not sure this one will play well as a VCTF map. We'll see.); WAR-TankCrossing: 60.5MB. Throw in a bunch of extra vehicles, and watch that file size grow!

Comment

One good thing is that you won't clog your UT3 directory with data from maps you have deleted a long time ago. However, good, keeper, maps should come with universal archives so all other maps can use the same data as well, but I figure thats what bonus expansion packs are for.

I have tried more than a dozen maps already and I won't even keep half of them, mostly because they are in beta.

Comment

Played the map and it's really fun. Good Job.

Comment

Thanks for the support, iron. Please, guys, don't forget to take a few seconds to vote on the map. Just click on Rate Thread in the right-hand menu at the top of the page.

Comment

Great job. I've played the he|| out of this map and it's fun. There is one bug tho.....in the river in the middle of the map, there is an area where you cannot start your hoverboard. It's right at the mouth of the gorge as you enter coming from the red base and extends to about 1/2 way to the middle section where the vehicles and powerups are right under the bridge. I think it's ok on the blue base side tho. Other wise a great map, and thanks ! I want to vote, but i cannot see "rate thread" anywhere on the page ! If i can find it i will.

Comment

nevermind....i found the rate thread link. I just had to change veiw modes.

Comment

A Map Converter mut would be better than recreating every War map into VCTF

Comment

Working...
                              X