• Show
Clear All

(Remake) CTF-Incinerator -final- (Screenshots) [Download]

It's finished!
    Screens, download and credits here:

http://irony.ngi.it/inci/

Have fun!

UPDATE:
    fixed lights, some textures, and bot paths. Also ready to be put on servers. Download the last version from http://irony.ngi.it/inci/ and delete any previous.
    max 10 players recommended

Omg, one of best custom pro maps in ut99. Tnx a lot

EDIT: Very nice remake, almost the same as original, but with added helmet I like that u didnt **** up the graphichs so my fps goes skie high

Comment

This means pure carnage. Nice job.
      But maybe you could alter the textures of the walls in the shieldbelt-area a bit, e.g. the lower a bit darker or something to get some kind of contrast between the lower and upper floor.
      Thx man.

Comment

This is without a doubt a good map. It plays really well.

Some small points:

The bending corridor (with the brick stones) near the red and the blue bases are both red. This confuses me to no end. Please make the lights near the blue base blue.

The bots are on drugs. They have no idea what they are doing. They are standing still facing the wall sometimes. Also, near the flag they keep running from one side of the room to the other without picking up the flag.
        Please adjust the bot pathing.

If you change these points (especially the bots) then I can see myself playing this map a lot (I tested with 4 vs 4).

Comment

Lighting could use some work, right now it looks very flat and bland. Gameplay is good though.

Comment

Hey Irony, I added some more bot paths to your map and now the bots don't run around aimlessly.I'll pm you the link if you like and you can see if it's ok.

Comment

@Karnage
              That's great man, could you give us a download link?

Comment

Originally posted by Karnage View Post
                Hey Irony, I added some more bot paths to your map and now the bots don't run around aimlessly.I'll pm you the link if you like and you can see if it's ok.
                I didn't set bots paths, thanks you did it. I cannot download the file from fileplanet, check your PM box

Comment

Originally posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post

The bending corridor (with the brick stones) near the red and the blue bases are both red. This confuses me to no end. Please make the lights near the blue base blue.
                  Those 2 corridors has red light also in UT99 version, anyway how can you get confused if both the room it leads are RED or BLUE colored

Comment

If I ever had the chance to admire the original I would probably like this one too.

My honest opinion is that most new maps looks like rubbish with sugar coating. At least people are trying and that's more that I do at the moment. Remember, the contemporary engine can push so many pollies and simplicity must be a waste of talent.

Nice remake thou, it looks very good. Plain maps render much faster on most computers so I hope a lot of people will be playing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
                      If I ever had the chance to admire the original I would probably like this one too.

My honest opinion is that most new maps looks like rubbish with sugar coating. At least people are trying and that's more that I do at the moment. Remember, the contemporary engine can push so many pollies and simplicity must be a waste of talent.

Nice remake thou, it looks very good. Plain maps render much faster on most computers so I hope a lot of people will be playing this.
                      I really don't like having too much decorations, lights and stuff in maps, this has to be played by clans and gamers, it doesn't have to be a showcase of UEngine 3 capabilities; although it's my first ever map, I really wanted to keep this a "light poly count" map to allow everyone to get full framerates. Hope many ppl like the idea

Comment

Hello irony! First I wanna thank you for remaking one of the fun competitive maps of UT99 CTF. Second I was wondering if you would care that I make my own adjustments to your map for league play? I would credit you with most of the map, and only myself for the minor changes I make. You can reply to this post, pm me on the forums, or contact me in irc.gameradius.org #ut3ctf nickname khxmz. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by irony View Post
                          Those 2 corridors has red light also in UT99 version, anyway how can you get confused if both the room it leads are RED or BLUE colored
                          When you play the map with a lot of players things get really hectic and I sometimes run in the wrong direction because my eye catches the red light.

Comment

irony's getting ready to release a new version. The lighting is fixed in blue base and jump pad changed a little bit so you can get to the opposite sides high like in the original.

Comment

yes, KHxMZ fixed some stuff and I'll release a new version with everything fixed, including bots paths later this evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X