No announcement yet.

DM-1on1-Meitsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be fair, what proportion of PC users of UT3 also contribute to community by creating mods, instead of just playing those that others have made? The vast majority of PC users don't have a clue where to begin with mods and don't even try; whats more, i'm sure there is a whole community of ps3 users who could, and would, make mods from the ps3 if it were somehow possible (tho i doubt it ever will be). Its absolutely right and fair that the creator of the mod should decide who can have access to his/her mod and who shouldn't, but please remember that all pc users have access to posted mods by default, but that PS3 users in some circumstances may have to ask for it- what you seem to be calling harassment (and please forgive me if ive seen things wrong) only amounts to a number of "different" individuals asking for ps3 cooks; harassment in my mind is usually when the same person is repeatedly hounding someone for something. So, PLEASE don't ***** the ps3 users for asking, UNLESS they are *****ing the modders for not cooking it.

and yeah, this map is great... thanx for all your hard work

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
      Hey, don't try and stake us for liking his map screenshots enough to request a simple cook while also giving compliments. I'd like to point out that I linked him to a service that someone is offering, so that he wouldn't even have to learn how. Also, with lots of feedback being typed at the same time, people may not have known that someone had already submited a cooking request.

"If you build it, they will come."
      He build it very good and we came!
      Geez did you even look to see how many times it was asked? Pesty as hell are better words.

Comment

Why don't you guys let the map author decide what's pesky spam. Things didn't start getting spammy till people started complaining. I am more annoyed with the sensless bickering than the people asking for PS3 cooking.

What annoys me is the condition this map is in, regardless of what he say's, the dude never finished it. Its a good map, but with a little polish it could be a great map.

I am getting really annoyed at testing all these maps that people are just throwing together and then moving on to the next half ***** map that they won't spend any time working out the little collision issues and lighting issues and things on. I've been testing many beta and so called final release maps looking for good ones to put on my server. All I can say is quality not quantity guys, spend a little more time on them and do things right!!!

Comment

What annoys me is the condition this map is in, regardless of what he say's, the dude never finished it. Its a good map, but with a little polish it could be a great map.
          I agree. I have literally tested every map that has been released (PS3 cooks) and I have kept about 50% of them (which I think is quite good) but it`s frustrating that so many maps have the potential to be great if a little more time and effort are put into them... A great example of someone who keeps improving and polishing their map is Wrath with his CURSE5 - DM. It is already on Beta Version 4.2 and I have downloaded each and every new release appreciating the changes he keeps making. Keep up the great work guys but if you are going to take all the time to actually make a map then why not go the extra mile and make it truly great?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
            Why don't you guys let the map author decide what's pesky spam. Things didn't start getting spammy till people started complaining. I am more annoyed with the sensless bickering than the people asking for PS3 cooking.

I am getting really annoyed at testing all these maps that people are just throwing together and then moving on to the next half ***** map that they won't spend any time working out the little collision issues and lighting issues and things on. I've been testing many beta and so called final release maps looking for good ones to put on my server. All I can say is quality not quantity guys, spend a little more time on them and do things right!!!
            Then you need to learn how to map for yourself. These mappers around here don't owe you or anyone else a **** thing. You aren't satisfied with what you are getting then you do something about it in the form of making your own content. I get so sick of all you non content makers complaining when you ADD ZERO to this community. This level is really a good level and lots of fun and I am happy with it as is ... I certainly am not going to keep complaining once a dev says they are done. And especially if I have never made a worthwhile contribution to the community. Man ... you people are really something. I can really understand why so many modders have left the scene and more are considering moving on to other PC games. This community is really starting to go downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
              I agree. I have literally tested every map that has been released (PS3 cooks) and I have kept about 50% of them (which I think is quite good) but it`s frustrating that so many maps have the potential to be great if a little more time and effort are put into them... A great example of someone who keeps improving and polishing their map is Wrath with his CURSE5 - DM. It is already on Beta Version 4.2 and I have downloaded each and every new release appreciating the changes he keeps making. Keep up the great work guys but if you are going to take all the time to actually make a map then why not go the extra mile and make it truly great?
              The above post also refers to you friend. Instead of complaining about FREE content that you are not raising a hand to create learn to make content and then see how you like people being ridiculously overly critical of your work. You should be so lucky to have mapping skills like Konsept. And you are a PS3 user as well ... dude you really have nothing to say ... be glad you are getting anything from PC modders.

Comment

Wow you have 4000+ posts, I guess you have a lot of time on your hands... You obviously did not read the part that said I appreciate the time and effort from all those putting out these maps and that I am happy for any content we get (previous post in the same thread). What exactly is your definition of being "ridiculously over critical"? That sound like a ridiculously over-exaggerated statement. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being an a*****, I fall into the former camp. You on the other hand seem like the type of person who posts comments just for the sake of being confrontational even though you are not saying much. Once again, hoping for a PS3 cook to which I will gladly provide any feedback (if any feedback is wanted).

Comment

Oh, and I obviously was not criticizing this map since I have not tried it. My first post on this thread said the map looks great and I look forward to a PS3 cook. I obviously would not have written that if I did not think Koncept had great mapping skills... try to read the previous posts sometimes before going off on an unnecessary tagent.

Comment

Wow you have 4000+ posts, I guess you have a lot of time on your hands... You obviously did not read the part that said I appreciate the time and effort from all those putting out these maps and that I am happy for any content we get (previous post in the same thread). What exactly is your definition of being "ridiculously over critical"? That sound like a ridiculously over-exaggerated statement. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being an a*****, I fall into the former camp. You on the other hand seem like the type of person who posts comments just for the sake of being confrontational even though you are not saying much. Once again, hoping for a PS3 cook to which I will gladly provide any feedback (if any feedback is wanted).
                    I have enough time on may hands to know that you are totally incorrect when you say that I look for confrontations. Once again this map is not getting cooked for the PS3 so you need to stop pestering people who make the maps and learn how to make your own content. Funny how you know how to make little insults but can't answer the question that I asked you and you won't address the issue of you learning to do things for yourself. Hmmm wonder why that is. Anyway I Konsept already said he is done with this level ... get it done with it meaning no cooking. All your pestering is going to do is make you unwelcome around here amongst the modders ... you don't have to believe me but its true. Dude I am a modder and I part of the scene ... and there is alot going on behind the curtain than you know about. So it would be wise of you to show respect to members who have been around here and actually made a contribution to the community instead of being a wise *** that has done nothing but download files.

Comment

Oh, and I obviously was not criticizing this map since I have not tried it. My first post on this thread said the map looks great and I look forward to a PS3 cook. I obviously would not have written that if I did not think Koncept had great mapping skills... try to read the previous posts sometimes before going off on an unnecessary tagent.
                      Last I looked you were agreeing with someone who was complaining about the map not being finished when Konsept clearly indicated he is done. So maybe you need to learn to read prev posts before agreeing with people so readily. And I did see your first post ... I obviously was not referring to that one. And comparing mappers is not cool ... there was no reason to bring up someone else's work on their level in comparison with this one. You don't know what kind of schedule people have and so making that remark was out of line imo.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                        Then you need to learn how to map for yourself. These mappers around here don't owe you or anyone else a **** thing. You aren't satisfied with what you are getting then you do something about it in the form of making your own content. I get so sick of all you non content makers complaining when you ADD ZERO to this community. This level is really a good level and lots of fun and I am happy with it as is ... I certainly am not going to keep complaining once a dev says they are done. And especially if I have never made a worthwhile contribution to the community. Man ... you people are really something. I can really understand why so many modders have left the scene and more are considering moving on to other PC games. This community is really starting to go downhill.

I do appreciate all the hard work that these guys do and I let them know it. And FYI I am making my own content, and I can gaurantee you it won't see beta testing until it is more complete than many of the maps here. If you would take the time to absorb what I wrote I never said this wasn't a good map, what I said is this isn't a great map because the mapper decided not to put any more time into it, like many other of the mappers here. I admit my comment was a bit harsh, but anything worth doing is worth doing well no matter what it is.

If you look up the page to your post that started this spam session you were complaining about the PS3 guys. There is an elitist mentality around here and some of you guys have a chip on your shoulder regarding the console version of this game. You must blame the PS3 version for the lackluster release on the PC or something. I know a few people that have both versions of the game and enjoy the PS3 version more because they don't have the $1200 laying around to build a comp that would play UT3 well. And I'm sure there are people playing the PS3 who own both versions of the game that are also making maps and mods. The PS3 guys are just trying to have fun. I imagine all of this custom content is new and cool to them, can you blame them for wanting to play the new maps & stuff too? The Unreal community is unlike any other. I play on the PC myself, and these PS3 guys don't bother me a bit.

I have seen plenty of your posts around these forums Anuban and normally you are pretty pleasant and helpfull. For some reason you have a huge bug up your butt today. Can't we all just get along .

I agree, the community has been going downhill for a long time now, most of the good ones have either moved on to other games or outgrown video games alltogether and sadly many of the people that are left are the jackasses that refuse to grow up.

Comment

good map!

I guess this thread took a strange turn near the end, but I'll post my review anyway. I am trying to get my reviews in order and I thought I'd post a few (ok more than a few) and some threads have resulted in necroposts in the process, but I think some of these comments used to be at Insite and that's why I'm not finding them anywhere else. Other necroposts just happened for no reason. In either case, I'll try and post working links to the maps as well. One more thing: it seems ut-files is down now, so try and check there for maps also if there are no direct links to the maps in my recent posts.

Don’t fall in the lake; lighting and shadow play need work; 1on1?; I’m fairly certain the waterfall would look a lot better on a better system; bots could be a little better; decent details/atmosphere and gameplay; weapon/item placement coupled with spawn points seem done well, but weapon/item placement alone needs work.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/92899...on1_meitsu_zip

http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...DM-1on1-Meitsu

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/660...on1-meitsu-zip

http://www.ajlawnscapes.com/UT3/

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                            One more thing: it seems ut-files is down now, so try and check there for maps also if there are no direct links to the maps in my recent posts.
                            UT-Files.com seems working now. Must been a server problem. Anyway, lighting, details, meshes, sounds, weapon/item placements and gameplay of this map should get done. Bots are fine here.
                            EDIT: Don't reach the waterfall, it can kill you easily.

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...on1-Meitsu.rar

Here are some new screenshots to make people are likely to download the map:
                            [SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S01.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S02.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S03.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S04.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S05.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S06.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/MyImages/UT-Maps/DM-1on1-Meitsu-S07.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

Working...
                            X