Compatibility: UT3
    Description: 1v1 Map for UT3
    Screenshots:
    [shot]http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/meitsu-screen1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/meitsu-screen2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/meitsu-screen3.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/meitsu-screen4.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/meitsu-screen5.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: Me, and Epic for the meshes and textures.
    Homepage: http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/
    Download: http://www.ryanwachowiak.com/DM-1on1-Meitsu.html
    Installation :
    PUT THE FILES HERE:

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

COMMENTS:
    Due to the lack of decent 1v1 maps for competitive play, I loaded up the editor to see what I could do. I wanted to make a smaller map like ironic, balance it the best I could and give everyone pretty good FPS. I did my best with lighting, at Full Graphics and 5/10 brightness its fine, and low graphics 10/10 brightness its just as bright as epics maps.

THE TRICK JUMPS:
    Getting to 50 is a bit easier now, and I made a back entrance there too due to the request of some good 1v1ers. Getting to the rocket ammo near rockets is a bit tricky, but there is 3-4 ways, maybe more to get to it.

LACK OF AMMO:
    Most maps give you a sufficient amount of ammo, but I wanted people who play this map to watch their ammo consumption. Especially rockets because they are pretty strong in UT3.

Full Release Oh Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comment

Good effort, looks decent

Comment

+1

better looking than most of these

'zomg this is my first map' (sry, but i just had to say that)

Comment

Originally posted by VerteX View Post
          +1

better looking than most of these

'zomg this is my first map' (sry, but i just had to say that)
          lol but it is my first map! i just didnt flaunt it, and release a terribad map on the forums!

Comment

This is a solid 1-on-1 map, I like it. I'm sorry to say I prolly wont keep it permanently since I'm not much of a 1-on-1 player but for your first map, you should be proud. I like how the map was small, but it didnt feel cramped and its more complex than most 1-on-1 maps r. Also, I like how you have to work to get the armor and tht the shield belt is a little exposed.

Comment

ok wow, you've done a really good job on finishing this. Well done.

Comment

looks great can't wait to try it

Comment

This is a cool map for 1v1 or 2v2 play ... how about finishing it off by adding a nice preview pic of the level to the map selection area. It is really deserving of one and you know how to do them now so is it too much to ask for one? It is the only custom map I have in my collection that is a final version that does not have one ... and like I said this is not a piece of **** level ... it is really nice to run and frag in. I especially like 2v2 play with this map. If you can get that pic done that would be really nice and add that nice pro touch we all like to so much. Anyway I am glad I finally got around to checking this level out ... it is cool. Thanks for making it and increasing the amount of content we get to frag on.

Comment

lt looks really great and plays really well the only problem i saw is that one of the lift is too fast and it can even hurt you when you lift jump but otherwise very good job

Comment

I had a really fun game on this map against a couple of bots. The flow is ideal and there are some really nice visuals too. It doesn't quite feel like a full release, though - it still needs music, and a few things could use some polish. One thing in particular that might be worth doing is adding a water volume to the shallow water on the bottom level, just so that you get some splashes and the right sound effects as you run through it. And there should probably be something supporting the wooden planks underneath the armour as well, for example.

On the whole this is one of the most promising custom maps I've seen gameplay-wise, so I really think it'd be worthwhile to perfect the other aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by djsilt View Post
                        lt looks really great and plays really well the only problem i saw is that one of the lift is too fast and it can even hurt you when you lift jump but otherwise very good job
                        OT: Just real quick I wanted to acknowledge your great map Nao and say I hope you consider making a remake for UT3. Nao is definitely one of the best DM Maps to grace UT04 (it has the now classic clean UT04 look with lots of color and fantastic gameplay ... definitely a must own level if you own UT04) and I wanted to say thanks for making such a great level. I'll be looking out for your UT3 work.

Comment

OT:thanx Anuban ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                            I had a really fun game on this map against a couple of bots. The flow is ideal and there are some really nice visuals too. It doesn't quite feel like a full release, though - it still needs music, and a few things could use some polish. One thing in particular that might be worth doing is adding a water volume to the shallow water on the bottom level, just so that you get some splashes and the right sound effects as you run through it. And there should probably be something supporting the wooden planks underneath the armour as well, for example.

On the whole this is one of the most promising custom maps I've seen gameplay-wise, so I really think it'd be worthwhile to perfect the other aspects.
                            Yeah, I have really enjoyed playing this map on a 1 on 1 deathmatch against a Godlike bot, it has been really challenging, and I think the weapon/ ammo placement is ideal. If you could add the things Setheran suggested, this would be one of my favourite maps in the game so far. Needless to say that is amazing for a first-timer. Great work

Comment

Originally posted by Xenon2 View Post
                              Yeah, I have really enjoyed playing this map on a 1 on 1 deathmatch against a Godlike bot, it has been really challenging, and I think the weapon/ ammo placement is ideal. If you could add the things Setheran suggested, this would be one of my favourite maps in the game so far. Needless to say that is amazing for a first-timer. Great work
                              ^^ Agreed Setheran really nailed down some key things ... man I love this level as well ... I guess it is also the theme. Man the theme just really does it for me. As does the nice atmosphere with the waterfalls. I really really like this map which is why I would love to see it polished to perfection.

Comment

Working...
                              X