DM-The Longest Yard ( Quake III Remake ) - Updated v1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-The Longest Yard ( Quake III Remake ) - Updated v1.1

Name: The Longest Yard ( Quake III Remake )

Version: 1.1 ( Rescaled, fixed bugs, ForceMipStreaming )

Description:
    Remake of the classic Quake map, The Longest Yard.
    Recommended players: 4-6

Comments:
    This is a remake of my favourite map from the old Quake Arena. Some of you may remember it as Q3DM17. I've always wanted to play it with revamped graphics, so I finally got off my lazy *** and did it. Hope you enjoy it, I certainly do! Keep an eye out for that Damage Amplifier ( Quad Damage ).
    As before, preview and music work fine.
    Update: Archive is now a zip. If you have the previous 1.0 version of the map, simply replace all files with the new ones. When in game, you'll know you have the updated map if it says 4-6 players recommended in the menu.

Installation:
    Just extract the DM-LongestYard.zip archive to your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\ folder. If it doesn't exist, create it. The game menu will now see the map.

Download:
    DM-LongestYard

Screenshots:

- Frag on, people!

Downloadin now.

Comment

Nice looking map freespace, well worth the download.

Comment

Awesome, this is the only Q3 map I have fond memories of. : D Downloading.

Comment

another cool map good job your other map bowl is also very good

Comment

I didn't download bowl, but I am intrigued now after how good of a remake this was.

Comment

Looks nice, Will download when I get Ut3 XD.

Comment

My Favorite Q3 map of all time!

Wow! I had totally forgotten about this, havent played that in years. The only thing I remember about Q3 is loading map Q3DM17 every time I started the game. Great remake, I played and it was very action packed. It's a blast! I registered here just to reply to this post

Comment

Amazing job dude, would love to see you remake some other classics (from anything, not specifically q3)

Comment

GOOOOD Job!

I just think that the players scale are too large for the map..
                    maybe if you increase the map scale to players look like more "smaller" in the map could remember MORE LIKE the original DM17!!

after all, once again, REALY GOOD JOB!! Even better than original, in my opinion.
                    cheers

Comment

haha, i remember playing this for ut2004, knew the guy who made it

Comment

I have good memories from this map on Quake 3 and Quake 4. Good work!

Comment

Great map again! But again like DM-Bowl, it suffers from this: error. Hope you update both as I really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekt0F0rm View Post
                            I have good memories from this map on Quake 3 and Quake 4. Good work!
                            Me too!!! it ' s a real fun map i ' m gonna give it a try today when i 'm back home

Comment

Nice one....

Comment

Working...
                              X