VCTF-DustBowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-DustBowl

when i first got my ut2k4 CE i spent weeks watching the videos and finally got around to trying things out in the editor. VCTF wasn't an offical gametype, so i went about making a square map, with just scorps, flag stands, and some power ups to just figure out how to play with the terrain, and get vehicles working with flags.

as it turns out, it got passed on to a clan who put it on their server and next thing i knew it was the most popular map i ever made (and the one i cared about the least.). pretty soon there were knock offs floating around.

getting back into the ut comunitiy, I started reciveing questions about if i was going to redo it...... it's an easy map to make, and it was good for figuring out how to get everything working, so i figured what the hell...

while not quite as spammy as the 2k4 version due to the lack of bola's, the addition of benders seems to keep it right at that fun level of spam - key word to why people liked this map - spam spam spam spam.

<edit 3/16/09>changed link to the fixed file - thanks again to the HTM clan for hosting it
    VCTF-DustBowl-Fixed

overview of the bowl and blue base...

look at all those red scorps - must be x-mas

snipe from spawn to spawn - now that's fun.

have fun

I think the proper icon is MOD-map for now:

Comment

Fun Map!

I hope it's ok if I put in my vCTF map rotation... 8.6.75.145:7777

(I'm currently running it with zark rifles, vehicle flag carrying in Goliath, DarkWalker, HellBender or Nemesis, No Vehicle Locks, 200% health and 135% speed hoverboards)

Comment

those sound like some interesting settings will have to try it out

Comment

Thanks to Fuegerstef for the VCTF post Icon! I remember this map wildmouse. Lots of fun.

Comment

zark rifles are fun

Comment

Where do you extract this?

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
                if you do not have these folders you must make them but do not spell them wrong.just make sure the path and spelling is the same as the one above of course the word user will be your own personal user name
                after you unzip it just run ut3 and start a deathmatch and it should show up.you will even be able to use mutators on it.
                Gamertag=T100

Comment

otay, thank you. Connected yesterday and played a bit. Oddly though, Vixen wasn't responding when I said hello. :/

Comment

Originally posted by ShockStorm View Post
                    otay, thank you. Connected yesterday and played a bit. Oddly though, Vixen wasn't responding when I said hello. :/
                    DOH! I'm so sorry! I must have missed ya! (Too much playing bots?) Either way, this is a great map, just not enough traffic to my server.

Comment

need to get it to show up on the server list.

Comment

I did notice it changed my character model.
                        Really fun map though man

Comment

Another oddity with this map:

* If I complete another map and go into it via map vote, this map loads fine.

* If login and join the game, I get an error: Connection failed - Downloading package 'mouse_terrain' failed: Error opening file.

I only get this error with this map. All others load fine from either the server browser or by using the "open" command.

Ideas?

Comment

not sure - the terrain packages get cooked into the map files, was like that in 2k4 too. - is it possible that the match's ended while you were logging in?

i might have missed a file that needed to go in the zip, haven't really seen exactly what should go in - but all the files that were added to my custom maps folder after "baking" the map went in.... could be something that gets fixed with the new patch as well.. -- i'll look into it and see what i can find.

- also, i've had my model changed on the standard maps a lot.. in all game types - so i don't think that's something special to my map, if it's still happening after the patch is released then i guess i'll have to investigate that as well. - thanks for all the comments and error testing.

Comment

yep redirect ask for mouse_terrain ...

but i dont have this file

Comment

Working...
                              X