Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WAR-Stargate BETA [PC] [PICS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Stargate BETA [PC] [PICS]

WAR-Stargate
    Version: BETA 3.0
    Compatibility: UT3 Patched 2.1, TitanPack
    Description:
    To see what there's beyond this gate, you have to cross it by yourself...

Screenshot:

(PS: additional planets from Jailbreak totaly removed)

BETA4: (WIP)

BETA3:
    -item emplacement totally redo
    -blue base totally redo
    -jumpad and new room added in red base

BETA2:
    -rings of teleportation added (not perfect yet)
    -hatak's interior texture and deco improved
    -blue core protection and blue base improved

BETA1:
    -initial release (jailbreak conversion)

DOWNLOAD BETA 3.0 (PC) 75 MB

Thanks you

Comment

Not many war maps for UT3, nice to see another.
      Q. This was originally done in UT2004, correct ??? - as a teleporter/ mod & or map should give Credit where credit is due and all that
      Starting with a theme is always a good idea, but this is not a good representation of the map. It is customary to include multiple images for maps or at least in teh case of WAR/VCTF, an image of the HUD (mini-map)
      - i will download Beta2 or wait for more images

Comment

You need some of these in it too...

Comment

Rumplehedskin : Your rings of teleportation are really Excellent , Have you the project to put them in a playable map? Or maybe include them in the final version of WAR-Stargate?

BloodK1nG : I like this map, it is a good work. I imagine that this map have taken you a lot of time, the result is really pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
            Not many war maps for UT3, nice to see another.
            Q. This was originally done in UT2004, correct ??? - as a teleporter/ mod & or map should give Credit where credit is due and all that
            Starting with a theme is always a good idea, but this is not a good representation of the map. It is customary to include multiple images for maps or at least in teh case of WAR/VCTF, an image of the HUD (mini-map)
            - i will download Beta2 or wait for more images
            Too afraid to test my map?

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
            You need some of these in it too...
            Give me a gameplay reason to include it and I'll do it!

Originally posted by LordBret View Post
            Rumplehedskin : Your rings of teleportation are really Excellent , Have you the project to put them in a playable map? Or maybe include them in the final version of WAR-Stargate?

BloodK1nG : I like this map, it is a good work. I imagine that this map have taken you a lot of time, the result is really pleasant.
            Not as much time as you think
            (Initialy planned with Manta and sphere... but they cannot use teleporter...)

Comment

Hi,

Maybe the rings of teleportation could be good inside the mothership Goa' ulds, they could replace jumps-pads.

P.S : The stars gates are realy good.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post

Give me a gameplay reason to include it and I'll do it!

/Facepalm.............

Comment

Originally posted by LordBret View Post
                  Hi,

Maybe the rings of teleportation could be good inside the mothership Goa' ulds, they could replace jumps-pads.
                  The newest Jailbreak version of this map have teleporter rings and cool sound (you're in godmode during the process) but it takes 10s when a jumppad take 1.5s; do you really want it?

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
                  /Facepalm.............
                  This is your feedback? nice

Comment

"do you really want it?"

I, of course yes.... But it is the opinion of every.....

Comment

The blue core is far too easy to hit compared to the red core. You can hit the blue core as soon as you emerge through the stargate. Red core is much better protected and you have to get much closer before you can damage it.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                        The blue core is far too easy to hit compared to the red core. You can hit the blue core as soon as you emerge through the stargate. Red core is much better protected and you have to get much closer before you can damage it.
                        Thank, I started modification of blue base to prevent this and you can already check the difference:

BETA2 available!

I add the rings of teleportation: you need to "activate/use" the console before walking on the pad.

Comment

Looks good! Here are some suggestions.
                          1. WEAPON LOCKERS! This is Warfare not DM. Don't make players go on a scavenger hunt to find weapons. Leave the ammo but loose the weapon pickup bases. Put ALL weapon lockers near player spawns so you spawn with weapons.
                          2. Make the red lights around the stargates that go to blue base BLUE. I walked in circles looking for the way to get to blue base before I realized There were 2 stargates.

Good work keep it up!

Comment

Understood Rumplehedskin !

Edit: I currently rebuild blue base into something more "alien"

Comment

Hé hé hé..... Not bad...

But I found some strange points :

- The passage in Stargate with roverboard make a small bug but it do not damage the gameplay.
                              - In the throne room, it is possible to come down Without the portal but only with one corner on three.
                              - The joke with the rings of teleportations did well to me to laugh but it works only once.... If it leads in a "bonus room " it would be possible that this one is functional for example by adding it a redeemer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJSD...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_U...ature=youtu.be

Thanks ^_^.

Comment

Working...
                              X