• Show
Clear All

Allow Manta-Ride [Mutator][PC][Updated: February 2 2015]

Name: AllowMantaRide
    Version: 1.1b
    Description:
    This mutator enables the riding capability of the Manta. That feature is
    known from UT2004. There is also a suck-in feature which let players
    die who step on the center of the rotor.

Features:
    • Allows to ride on a Manta
    • Optional suck-in on rotors
    • Optional instant death on rotors
    • Optional disallow riding on Manta while carrying the flag/orb
    • Full net support
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators
    • Support for custom Mantas
    • Configurable via Ini file
    • Configurable via UI
    • Configurable via WebAdmin
    • Works for instant action and online games
    • Works with vehicle replacement mutators
    • No requirement of WebAdmin

Friendly name: Allow Manta-Ride
    Date: February 2, 2015
    Compatibility: Works in 2.1 (+Titan Pack). Prior versions not tested.
    Size: ~ 164 KB
    Comment: Quick idea as I've read the Liandri Archives wiki which stated that you get sucked into the rotors in UT3. And I was curious. Challenge accepted.
    Credits: Epic Games, YourParents (beta testing), Retodon8 (Liandri Archives), tarnationsauce2 (suggestions)
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Screenshots:
    Config scene
    WebAdmin interface
    Demonstration (Link):

Changelog:
    v1.1
    • Added: Config option to disallow riding mantas while carrying flag/orb
    • Fixed: Settings changed on runtime (via WebAdmin) are processed directly (which is unintended)

v1.0 - Initial version
    • Basic mutator to allow manta ride
    • Optional suck-in feature on manta wings' rotor
    • Optional intant death on rotors
    • WebAdmin settings

Download:

AllowMantaRide_v1.1Beta.zip [51 KB]

Read the Readme file for more information.

PS:
    The video shows the Hammer glitch on Mantas. It was mentioned that you can use a mutator to prevent that from happening.
    This mutator is called Epic FHM (alias Epic Fix for Hammer Manta Glitch) and can be found here:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/984342

Older versions:

Amazing!
    This is a very effective Mutator.

I felt that "Action methods of vehicles is too less".
    The Mutator give a lot of action metheds to Manta.
    This will also affect the strategy of the WAR or VCTF.

If this mutator can put the players on other vehicles, it will be more wonderful.
    For example, I want to drive air vehicles carrying a player with AVRiL.

Comment

Yeah. It adds some effectiveness to the game but it can be something really annoying. That's way Manta-run was removed in UT3. I personally prefer having non-ridable Mantas with the capability of Grappling but some others might not. That's why ONS2.0 had the Manta-run capability on by default. Because Manta-runs are quite easy to pull off and I've read that wiki page of the Manta and was a bit curious if such sucking-in feature of the rotors would be a good thing, I created this mutator just as a proof-of-concept (/quick fun mutator).

The mutator hang around for a while on my hard disk (early 2014 or something) and it was actually about 99% finished. I want to get rid of unfinished stuff . So if you face any unknown problems/bugs, let me know. The mutator adds nothing special to the game but the mutator is actually quite complex for its purpose. Basically because I didn't want to replace the original Manta with a custom coded one such for that feature.

Originally posted by NakajimaYusuke View Post
      If this mutator can put the players on other vehicles, it will be more wonderful.
      For example, I want to drive air vehicles carrying a player with AVRiL.
      Most of the non-air vehicles are already capable of carrying players, aren't they?

Comment

lol cool stuff
        On the subject of manta-grappling:

- in the early release images they have multiple people on one vehicle, its present in other places too, but anyway..The 'bug' is still present, is this an adverse effect or is some of the code still present?
        - thoughts on multiple people grappling with vehicles anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          - in the early release images they have multiple people on one vehicle, its present in other places too, but anyway..The 'bug' is still present, is this an adverse effect or is some of the code still present?
          - thoughts on multiple people grappling with vehicles anyone?
          Epic chose to remove multiple hoverboard grappling. For me, 1 is already enough. In order to get multiple hoverboard grapplings working, you just need to create another socket on the mesh, either in code or editor.

Comment

Ok nice. 1 is enough, but this post gave me an idea for Multiplayer (3&4 players) on my remake, so you don't leave your colleague behind when travelling across the map, thank you for the reply.
            Might be nice to include this mutator option in the pack with your permission, but ill see how the grapple code works out first.
            Also cool stuff with the Video this using mapmixer and fox mod? btw 3 x RattleSN4K3 sniping on jolt arena would be scary, you could also play 1v1 with your feet LOL

Comment

Might be nice to include this mutator option in the pack with your permission, but ill see how the grapple code works out first.
              What do you mean?

Also cool stuff with the Video this using mapmixer and fox mod?
              No. Just plain UT3 running 3 instances at once. I could have choose FoxMod tho. I general use splitscreen for debugging/testing but the stock splitscreen has a bad HUD so I did choose to record 3 windowed UT3s. That's the reason for the low framerate.

btw 3 x RattleSN4K3 sniping on jolt arena would be scary, you could also play 1v1 with your feet LOL
              ?

Comment

Very cool. I would suggest disallow carrying Orb or Flag while riding as a configurable option (bounce off like stock UT3). I think he way it is might be too OP.

Comment

Indeed. Didn't thought about that initially. Any other suggestion related to manta run? Gonna to add that right now as a quick update.

Comment

If you can disallow glitching while riding that would be good. That could be OP as well, or could be an annoyance for the driver. But I think it would actually be fun to help the driver bounce around and get places he normally cannot.

Why not make it a full-blown mutator for all vehicles? I imagine it would be fun to ride on top of a DW with a few other guys healing him and shooting around. Not sure it could work on the scavenger tough.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                      If you can disallow glitching while riding that would be good. That could be OP as well, or could be an annoyance for the driver. But I think it would actually be fun to help the driver bounce around and get places he normally cannot.
                      Epic FHM would disallow glitching - from my signature but also noted in the first post.

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                      Why not make it a full-blown mutator for all vehicles? I imagine it would be fun to ride on top of a DW with a few other guys healing him and shooting around. Not sure it could work on the scavenger tough.
                      Not sure about that. The way I apply this feature is complex. This might not work well for other vehicles. Because I didn't want to replace the Manta with a custom manta, I had to find ways to allow riding on the manta. There are several ways which prevents riding on manta in the original code, but basically everything is hardcoded in the original Manta code and cannot be modified with a simple variable/flag change. Because of that, I am using a combination of several methods to react on different events but the basic feature lies into having a duplicated mesh on top of the original manta attached to it which allows basing on. Not sure about how it would turn out for other vehicles.

However, by replacing every vehicle with a custom vehicle allows that riding feature for every stock vehicle. This way, custom vehicles won't be supported anymore (which I tend to prevent from happening).

Comment

I created an option to enable the feature tarnationsauce2 suggested. You can now disallow riding the manta while carrying the flag/orb. By default, you can still step on the manta with or without the flag/orb.

Changelog v1.1
                        • Added: Config option to disallow riding mantas while carrying flag/orb
                        • Fixed: Settings changed on runtime (via WebAdmin) are processed directly (which is unintended)

Check the first post for the download and updates. If you are aware of bugs/problems with this or the previous version, let me know.

Note: This version is not made conform with the previous version. If you have recorded a previous match running a previous of this mutator, you would
                        need to replace/rename the file and use that old version in order to view that recorded match. Otherwise, you would get a version mismatch error.

Comment

Working...
                        X