• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BETA] DM-Cynbraeus

Name: Cynbraeus Station
    Version: Beta 1
    Compatibility: Patch 5 + Titan Pack
    Description: Is my very first map for Unreal Tournament 3, on this i tried bring a bit different visual from the default theme of future of UT3 by having more lights and energy bridges and stuffs of the kind, i know that most players don't gives much attention to maps made with the stock static meshes anymore but still i see some potential on them by making this different combination, also it's a good start before i begin something bigger than this.
    Comments: Now the map can support a match with at least 16 players without problem, the inside part of the station is almost done, final release will have a outside to complete the support for 32 players.
    Screenshots:

Spoiler

Credits: Epic Games for such awesome game of course, the Neo Seoul from Cloud Atlas movie, Two Steps From Hell for the music i used in the map.
    Download: MediaFire

Downloading and trying

Comment

Dunno if someone is giving attetion to it due to the fact i'm using the stock static meshes, however i'm starting make the underground floor.

Comment

Downloading....

Thanks !

Comment

Reminds me of Prey ^^. Definitely a nice looking map. Gonna try it out soon, maybe then it's not alpha anymore ^^. Keep up the good work

Comment

Progress going more fast now, having more ideas for rooms/corridors.

Comment

Spoiler

Well, one thing that i forgot to say is that i'm doing this map with the native detailing layout of UT3 rather than only use BSP as lastest maps released for UT3 was, but i can guarantee that i'll keep walls flat as possible with this detailing to not make splash weapons useless (as commonly does in the Epic's maps), second thing is that i'm using Blocking Volumes all over those walls to players use the wall dodges and slide on it when pushed over as if it was a only-BSP wall, so the map basically is going to be a fusion between the good collision and gameplay flow of maps made only with BSPs along with the beauty of static meshes to not keep rooms and corridors so flat (i know that collision is a trivial thing for maps, self experience that i learned in Quake 3).

Comment

Beta Released, the map now have at least the triple size of the previous alpha, so a match with 16 players flows nicely.

P.S: its claustrophobic styled on some parts, so dont worry about too many items on it, when i do the outside part of the map, i'll move many stuff to there.

Comment

Too claustrophobic for me . After some test I can say this is absolutely beautiful ! Awesome use of default Asset , but the gameplay is weird. I frequently lost sight of the fight while traveling the end-less(pretty bad with little labyrinth like structures ) corridors;
                  Some dead-end (use for future outside part maybe) & so little space to actually fight (hard to dodge incoming fire, wall-dodge..), the layout don't seems really UT compatible (my opinion of the Beta).
                  Only really have fun in DM in the large hall with the big hologram and the Shield-Belt.
                  Awesome in invasion/zombie Gametype !!
                  Good luck for the rest, can't wait to see the rest !!

Comment

Ah finally some review.

Well, thanks for saying i'm not going bad with the visual, about gameplay, the claustrophobia is kinda intentional due to i tried make the map real scaled in comparison to players, the second intentional thing on this, is to make all weapons very effective against a target, however as a counterbalance to this, have many armors and healths around, obviously this isn't what i'm planning for the outside part which i'll make the gameplay flows normally as any other map with very open areas and connections, still for outside i'll try keep the scale of anything accordingly with the players but without the "super enclosed" combat.

The dead-ends you mentioned is really for the continuation of the map otherwise is purely troll put this things there just to make a player a victim of being hitted by a rocket or a shock combo without the option of even escape it, well now is just wait for the final version which the outside will compensate the chaos generated by the inside part of the station.

Comment

Working...
                    X