Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

SpectatorUI v2.5 - updated 13.04.2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the feedback, RattleSN4K3.

I'll add an option to disable the button in the next version. Disabling exec commands might be tricky, though, but I'll see what I can do.

There is also some bug with your mutator when you disable it via the WebAdmin. The WatchedFactories had none-entries which caused error message (accessing none in 'F' in UpdateRespawnTime).
    I couldn't reproduce it. Could you give more detailed steps?

Another bug: If you are spectator and enable the SpectatorUI. The pickup feature won't work. The list is not shown.
    I've been able to reproduce it, assuming we're talking about the same bug . It's race condition in replication code, and I have fixed it. I'll release the fixed version this weekend, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WGH View Post
      I couldn't reproduce it. Could you give more detailed steps?
      Me neither. Before the original post, i tried several ways do get the same log. But none worked. I'm not even sure if it was a dedicated server, listen server or an instant action game.

Comment

New version 2.4 has been released. The URL is the same. Changes:
        • Fixed server crash on maps that don't have the default Kismet sequence (DM-Flustered-LE and WAR-LakeSide are among them).
        • Fixed race condition in replication that caused pickup timers to not be available sometimes.
        • Added server option to disable "become spectator" functionality.
        • Added small shadow to text of pickup timers (makes them more readable).

The code that synchronizes time between server and client is kind of tricky. If anyone has any ideas how to improve it, please tell me.

Comment

Nice update.

Originally posted by WGH View Post
          The code that synchronizes time between server and client is kind of tricky. If anyone has any ideas how to improve it, please tell me.
          That's one thing I have to optmize for my Pickup Indicator mutator as well. Currently, I'm syncing up the WorldInfo.TimeSeconds (but probably GameReplicationInfo's RemainingTime, ElapsedTime and RemainingMinute work better). The client will use a mean value to calculate the remaining time on his side. Ping is also taken into account. This is done once for each client. The server sends an the same absolute value to each client. The worse part of my implemenation would be the serversided "Tick" event which determine when an item is taken. This is a clean method (instead of the hacky sequence attachment) but it the performance of the server could be reduced. I'm profiling the scripting once in a while and runs pretty stable without that much performance issues for maps like Deck. A paused the development a long time ago, as I ran into problem with the custom UI.

Comment

New version 2.5 has been released. The URL is the same. Changes:
            • Follow killer mode now changes players only if killer kills POV. It used to change it every time someone kills anyone on the server.
            • Follow powerup mode now ignores armor and health pickups.
            • Added "now viewing X" text when spectating from 1st person camera.
            • Added "ghost" console command to make free camera ignore world geometry, passing right through it.
            • Follow killer and powerup modes, and other settings are now saved into config, and thus persist across map changes and game restarts.
            • Added unattended mode (can be enabled with console command). When in this mode, it's ensured that camera always watches someone. By default, camera tends to become free-roaming after map changes and when POV disconnects.
            • Warfare orb events (picked up, dropped, etc.) are now reported as well, with option to jump to the event's instigator.
            • Accidentally, flag pickup messages are no longer customizable (due to their complexity).
            • Fixed maps without default Kismet sequence (again). This time, pickup timers weren't updated after first event fired.

Comment

Vry nice, as always! Updating server with it soon!

Comment

Hey, I'm loving the mutator, it adds great features.

I'm not sure if you're still working on this, but if you plan on updating it, is it feasible to have a sort of wall-hack switch in spectator mode ? i mean being able to see players through walls on demand like in this video (ESWC 2004 - Semifinal - SK|GitzZz - fnatic.lauke - DM-Roughinery - (Part 1) - UT2004/UT2K4/UT04, feature is starting at around 0:40). Maybe toggle nobody, only Team 1/2 or both at the same time.

I'm not even sure it's possible but asking anyway .

Thanks for the mutator anyway, it's beast.

Comment

I worked on that years ago. The problem i had was the character models will hide after some time due to occlusion. I got a basic idea which resolves such issue but it is performance demanding. It would be nice if you work on such feature, WGH.

Comment

Small issues with the mutator.
                    Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                    [...]I had to add canvas.reset() before changing canvas to fix dislocation when using UIspectator mutator.
                    SetOrigin is used but the origin is not reverted to original values.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                      SetOrigin is used but the origin is not reverted to original values.
                      You're right. I overlooked this. I will fix it in the next release.

I will look into PlayForGG's suggestion, too. Can't make any promises, though.

Comment

It would be nice if you could add somewhere on screen to see player's ping while you are spectating him.
                        maybe a minor bug, but if you change very often from spectating player and free looking, suddenly the movement speed goes to lowest possible. you can immediately fix it by increasing camera speed, but this happens.

Comment

@WGH:
                          A problem. The ReplicationInfo class is replicated to non-owning clients. You would need to set bAlwaysRelevant to false in addition to only replicate the Actor to the owning client only.

Also, release v2.5 is missing from the GitHub releases page.

Comment

I just figured out that if you have more than 30 players, The player selection menu will not fit in screen!

Comment

Playing on such overcrowded servers is a bad idea anyway .

Comment

I feel obliged to say that with waning interest in UT3 (both mine and of other people), I will unlikely continue working on the mutator. The mutator is pretty much complete anyway, and only has a couple of minor bugs.
                                If anyone has patches, though, feel free to send them to me. You can even fork the project and continue development on your own, if you wish so.

Comment

Working...
                                X