Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

SpectatorUI v2.5 - updated 13.04.2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpectatorUI v2.5 - updated 13.04.2014

(new version has been released on the 13th of April)

This mutator greatly improves spectator's experience by providing many convenient features.
    • "Spectate" button available in mid game menu
    • Nickname beacons displayed above players
    • When viewing from the first person, nickname of the POV is displayed in the corner.
    • Convenient player selection menu available using the mouse scroll
    • Adjustable camera speed and FOV
    • Up to ten savable bookmarks per map, editable directly in-game. An example set of bookmarks for WAR-Downtown is included in the archive.
    • Notifications of powerups, superweapons and flags being taken, with an option to jump to the player
    • Timer for powerups, armor pickups and super weapons (Kismet-activated pickup factories are also supported)
    • Quake Live-like "follow powerup" and "follow killer" modes.

The mutator correctly works in network games. Server-side demos are also fully supported.

Overview of some features:

The player selection menu:

Spectate button:

Source code is available under terms of OUML on GitHub. https://github.com/WGH-/SpectatorUI

Download link: http://chireiden.torlan.ru/SpectatorUI/SpectatorUI.zip
    Old versions (e.g. for demo playback): http://chireiden.torlan.ru/Spectator...UI_Archive.zip

I've been testing beta's, it's just pure awesome and simply the best thing u can WISH to enhance the spectator time experience.

Much harosh given!

WIll install right now on my server =).

Comment

Nice work. I'm currently rewrting one of my mutator and i'm about to add a similar feature of "Nickname beacons displayed above players" for specators.

Comment

WGH, thank you very much! I will experiment with this on our servers and give you feedback! We use UTComp3 v4 Beta2, NoLinkLockdown, FreeFov, PickupRespawnTweak, TalkingIconMutator, BTA and various other mutators. Hopefully none of these will conflict. I'm thinking "TalkingIconMutator" will conflict. We'll see!

Thanks,
        -Neil (CaptainFlaccid)

Edit: For convenience, could you please include "SpectatorUI_2_1.SpectatorUI_Mut" as the bit you must add to the startup line in your readme txt file?

Comment

Allright, I'm back to report some things. First, I like the "Spectate" button, I like the spectate UI, I like everything this mutator does. However, due to UTComp, there are issues.

1. Players cannot spectate while UTComp warmup is active. Players cannot join while UTComp warmup is active.

2. If match is active (non warmup), players can join and spectate just fine. However, if the player initially joined the server as an active player, but then became a spectator, then on map load, the spectator will be forced into a player slot again. This is bad for duel because it will force spectators to rejoin into the Duel queue. This is bad for all other gametypes because it will force spectators to rejoin as an active player. And if the server is full, this means you will probably be kicked from the server.

3. Can you make the default spectator mode "first person view" instead of "third person view"?

4. RattleSN4K3 reported that the first person view isn't showing the weapon bar or the active player weapon. This is important. Is there anyway you can add support for those things?

Can you please make this mutator compatible with UTComp?

Is there a way that you can make the spectate button, literally force disconnect you from the server, then force rejoin as a spectator? That would solve a lot of issues!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
          -Neil

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
            Edit: For convenience, could you please include "SpectatorUI_2_1.SpectatorUI_Mut" as the bit you must add to the startup line in your readme txt file?
            Archive updated with installation instructions.

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
            Allright, I'm back to report some things. First, I like the "Spectate" button, I like the spectate UI, I like everything this mutator does. However, due to UTComp, there are issues.

1. Players cannot spectate while UTComp warmup is active. Players cannot join while UTComp warmup is active.

2. If match is active (non warmup), players can join and spectate just fine. However, if the player initially joined the server as an active player, but then became a spectator, then on map load, the spectator will be forced into a player slot again. This is bad for duel because it will force spectators to rejoin into the Duel queue. This is bad for all other gametypes because it will force spectators to rejoin as an active player. And if the server is full, this means you will probably be kicked from the server.

3. Can you make the default spectator mode "first person view" instead of "third person view"?

Can you please make this mutator compatible with UTComp?
            1. I will look into it. Though it's weird that they can't join, either. I didn't mess with Join button at all. Does it work correctly without my mutator?
            2. I were able to reproduce it in plain DM. I'll try to fix it ASAP.
            3. Is it a big deal? You can just press 'Q' button once, and first-person view will be default from now on.

Speaking of UTComp, is warmup the only compatibility problem?

Is there a way that you can make the spectate button, literally force disconnect you from the server, then force rejoin as a spectator? That would solve a lot of issues!!!!!!!!
            It used the work that way in old unreleased version. I'd still prefer to avoid lengthy disconnect-reconnect cycle.

Edit:
            4. RattleSN4K3 reported that the first person view isn't showing the weapon bar or the active player weapon. This is important. Is there anyway you can add support for those things?
            It's a design issue in the game itself. Inventory and current weapon are simply not replicated to anyone, but the owner. I'm afraid there's no simple way to fix it, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by WGH View Post
              1. I will look into it. Though it's weird that they can't join, either. I didn't mess with Join button at all. Does it work correctly without my mutator?
              That's stock UT3. Once you are in the warm up (non utcomp or utcomp), you aren't allowed to switch teams (or switch to active/spec). It's a feature I added as todo for my MutateSpec mutator.

It's a design issue in the game itself. Inventory and current weapon are simply not replicated to anyone, but the owner. I'm afraid there's no simple way to fix it, if any.
              Not sure but isn't stock UT3 allowing see the weapon with "behindview"?

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                Not sure but isn't stock UT3 allowing see the weapon with "behindview"?
                Techically, what you see from the third person isn't Weapon. Weapon class contains logic and first-person mesh. Other players actually see UTWeaponAttachment, which is replicated (to be precise, its class, not instance, is actually replicated). It contains third-person mesh only.

Comment

New version 2.2 has been released. The URL is the same. Changes:
                  • Fixed spectator status not persisting across map changes
                  • Package name-independent configuration. Even if you visit servers with different (future) versions of the mutator, the same configuration will be used.
                  • Config option to dismiss help automatically
                  • Config option to disable notification beep
                  • Config options to customize notification message format
                  • Config options to customize pickup names

Comment

Will install new version right now.

Give this gentleman 10 internets right now too!

edit: Just installed on server and tested with few bots, it just work like a charm, plus with the customizability it offers (i modified the ini etc for pickup messages and chatbeep and so on), it's really on point we what we needed since day 1....

Thanks a lot man .

Comment

A list of spectators would be a nice feature.

Comment

New version 2.3 has been released. The URL is the same. Changes:
                        • Fixed voting being unavailable to players who undergo spectate-join cycle with short delay (without GC running in between).
                        • Setting menu delays to zero no longer makes them infinite.
                        • Fixed typo in the "help menu".
                        • Config option to enlarge pickup timer text. Might be useful for video streaming, where video quality could possibly be bad.

Comment

Are you planning to make the Spectator button (and switch to spec) configurable? So the server admin can disable it but the UI feature will be kept?

I've added support for your mutator to my No player beacon mutator. The beacons were removed in previous versions of mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                            Are you planning to make the Spectator button (and switch to spec) configurable? So the server admin can disable it but the UI feature will be kept?
                            You mean disable 'Spectate' button, but leave other features enabled?

Well, I actually had an idea to give an option to selectively disable features by server admin, if some of them are not needed or perhaps conflict with other mutators.

I just felt lazy to implement something that wasn't required at that moment . Is there a need to?

Comment

The spectate feature and the button is the main feature of Mutate Spec. Running both versions might bug the workflow. I quickly tested it. There were tow buttons. Both worked but it's not quite clean. MutateSpec is also preventing player to switch back to specators. This is working if the player has switched by using your spectate button... as you are calling AllowBecomeSpectator correctly. I already have to fix MutateSpec and maybe add the option to disable the spectator button, but I'm not very happy to do so, as that's the main purpose of that mutator, adding the Switch to Spectator feature and UI integration - yours more like an UI feature.

There is also some bug with your mutator when you disable it via the WebAdmin. The WatchedFactories had none-entries which caused error message (accessing none in 'F' in UpdateRespawnTime).

Another bug: If you are spectator and enable the SpectatorUI. The pickup feature won't work. The list is not shown.

PS: Don't get me wrong asking for that option, but I always like the most compatibility to other mutators. That's why I added the compatbility mode for exec commands. E.g. we're both using the exec command BecomeSpectator the order of the interactions is importat there.

Comment

Working...
                              X