Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PC] DM-Maliwan [Beta2] (update March 26th 2014))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys have some interesting ideas about making this map even better and I'm really looking forward to the final version, once it is done. At the moment, I play this map quite a lot, because it is marvellous to play and it looks fabulous! Keep up the good work, guys!

Comment

Beta2 update

Hi all, i've updated the map to 0.9

Some changes here, more details on first post.

Lots of changes since 0.8, some rooms are differents and the map feels more unified. Some weapons have been moved around and there is now 2 version, 1 for Duel and the other for 2v2.
      I didn't had time to implement things in it so it's just an update on architecture/layout.
      The current architecture distribute the fights around the map better than previous version.
      There shouldn't be anymore issues with fps drops.

DM-MaliwanBeta2 is aimed at competitive 2v2 while DM-1on1-MaliwanBeta2 is aimed at competitive Duel. Some pickup/item placements are differents between both.

Standard has 30a, helmet and Udamage.
      1on1 has 30a, 50a and Belt. Snipe is moved down and helmet is removed. Some ammos moved around. (Your 8 second armor runs is still on for 1on1 version Wolfy )

I'm currently concerned about adding a room on the bottom right of the map between Minigun and Link (see map picture). It would be used to space weapon/pickups/life a bit better by moving out the minigun or adding armor/life. What do you think about it ? Any idea ? I plan to keep the PowerUp/Belt on the center.

I'm also concerned about the "Tile Borders" of the grid platfroms (As the Flak one). I'm not sure if i will keep them as they are bothering me alot when playing. I've let the Snipe/50a platform without them so you can get an idea of the perception bonus it gives.

I plan to do a short 0.99 beta around July to get last minute bugs before Final release. It will be PC/PS3.

Thanks for stopping by.

Everything fixed. If you downloaded it on 3/26/14 please download again, there was a bug on the normal map making random crashs.
      Mediafire
      First post updated with the new link.

Comment

B2

I just played the 1on1 version. I must say everything is well done. The only thing I don't really like is the vest placement. To easy to collect, to close to the belt too and also provide to much armor to the sniper. I can suggest placing another medium health instead.

Didn't had the time to play the regular version except I did a flyby. The only thing I think isn't well placed is the helmet. I would place it in another spot where you can grab it to easily then after collect the sniper weapon.

I saw some textures misalignments but it's minor so I'll wait for the next release to show you them.

Awesome level so far, looking for the update !

THX

Comment

Long time without update but i’ve been a bit busy IRL so i couldn’t work that much on the maps.

DM-Maliwan got some layout changes to fix previous issues. The Bio/Helmet corridor has changed to a full room with 2 floors and a platform. It plays a lot better in this area and its connections than before and is more attractive than just helmet->Lift-jump to Sniper. I’m still moving things around a bit to space the snipe/armor in the duel version. The armor will probably go in the new room as the Helmet is not present in the Duel version, i'll figure that out.
          The minigun area changed a bit also, and i added a room/connection from beta2′s minigun to the 3 vials next to the link. I put the minigun there.

The rest didn’t changed that much apart a couple of flow balance/issues that should be corrected. The map doesn’t feel that cramped/small anymore and that’s a great point .
          I’ve done some brush work too, that add some visual depth to the current really flat look of the map.

I’m starting to revamp all the textures/materials and will work on doing proper lights when the 2D designing and brush work is finished (or at least close to). The ambiance should feel the same, it’ll just have more subtlety and depth.
          I’m currently considering ditching the announcement on walls concept as it’s quite performance heavy at the moment and i can’t seem to get working as i’d want.
          I don’t know when it will be ready to release as a pre-final as I’m a bit behind my schedule.

Comment

all sound good bud.

Take your time, it's not like there is a deadline

Looking forward the next release !

Comment

Hey m8

Are you still working on the map ?

Comment

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, i don't check this email so often.
                I'm still working on it, albeit slowly. I've been taken a lot and don't have much time to do most of the things i'd like to do, so i need to altern between them. The visuals are finished on half the map and looking back at the time it took me to do that, i'm not sure if i'll get to the end soon enough for the well being of the game. I didn't even had time to contribute in the new UT :/

I'm actually considering starting back when the layout was definitive (which was around June), slightly overhaul the visuals/Lights/sounds, fix the bugs, and release the map with simple and clean visuals. It's probably the best solution if i want to release the final layout in a reasonable timeframe (and i really want to).

I'm really impressed by how fast you build your maps, no way i could do the same

Comment

Originally posted by PlayForGG View Post
                  Hey,

I'm still working on it, albeit slowly. I've been taken a lot and don't have much time to do most of the things i'd like to do, so i need to altern between them. The visuals are finished on half the map and looking back at the time it took me to do that, i'm not sure if i'll get to the end soon enough for the well being of the game. I didn't even had time to contribute in the new UT :/

I'm actually considering starting back when the layout was definitive (which was around June), slightly overhaul the visuals/Lights/sounds, fix the bugs, and release the map with simple and clean visuals. It's probably the best solution if i want to release the final layout in a reasonable timeframe (and i really want to).
                  Imho, this is the simple thing to do Also, I think it's much to soon to contribute to UT4. The game will be release in 2015-2016 (when it's ready...) so you have plenty of time contribute for it

I'm really impressed by how fast you build your maps, no way i could do the same
                  Well, I always thought I was slow since it took me months to build only 1 map. 6 months is my average. So plz continue your excellent work, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to play with the final of this awesome level

Comment

Originally posted by PlayForGG View Post
                    Hey,

Glad to see you are still working on this map! Would be a waste of work and potential, if you would not continue. Looking forward to the next progress! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                    X