Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Fixes (Beta): A UT3 Bugfix Mutator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
    Good idea. Even better: press USE and hold for 0.5 sec to steal orb from any teammate with fewer points.
    Just because a teammate has fewer points in a match doesn't mean that they are a noob.

Comment

Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
      Just because a teammate has fewer points in a match doesn't mean that they are a noob.
      You are right ... the need to "steal" the Orb would be rare, and the few players who you would have to rob will almost certainly have fewer points anyway. If it can be assumed that everyone's playing in earnest, then the points-comparison is of little use.

What it could guard against, however, at least in theory, is the possibility of some griefer showing up and, just for his own sadistic gits and shiggles, harassing teammates who are better than him by stealing their Orbs.

Comment

Latest version is up on Warfare 3.

Comment

thx mystery man

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
            You are right ... the need to "steal" the Orb would be rare, and the few players who you would have to rob will almost certainly have fewer points anyway. If it can be assumed that everyone's playing in earnest, then the points-comparison is of little use.

What it could guard against, however, at least in theory, is the possibility of some griefer showing up and, just for his own sadistic gits and shiggles, harassing teammates who are better than him by stealing their Orbs.
            I just get the feeling that people would abuse the system.

Comment

I just get the feeling that people would abuse the system.
              Possible, certainly.... Maybe I trust too much, but I think very few regulars, if any, would ever willfully abuse the "stealing" feature.

More importantly, exactly zero unskilled non-regulars would even be able to abuse it, because of the requirement to press-and-hold USE on a nearby Orb-carrying teammate for some amount of time (e.g. 0.5 seconds, or whatever) — this, I believe, would make it exceedingly difficult for even the most skilled player to steal an Orb from any teammate of even half-decent skill.

IMO there's a good self-balancing mechanism built in here: the need to steal is greatest when a teammate with poor movement skills has grabbed the Orb, from whom stealing it would present the least challenge — whereas the need to steal is minimal/nonexistent when the Orb is possessed by a teammate who does move well, from whom stealing it would present the greatest challenge.

So I think anyone with even basic movement skills, i.e. just dodging (maybe even just jumping), would have little or no trouble evading any would-be griefers.

Comment

Latest beta has a deemer bug. If you have avrils, the deemer isnt available until you run out of avrils.

Comment

Love the kicking people out of vehicles fix :+) I have not been locked out yet. Does it give any message to the other player? Also can you apply a notification for the player in the vehicle when it is locked other than the sound?

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                    Love the kicking people out of vehicles fix :+) I have not been locked out yet. Does it give any message to the other player? Also can you apply a notification for the player in the vehicle when it is locked other than the sound?
                    Wait, what, you can kick people out of a vehicle? Can anyone explain this, I've never seen it before.

Comment

Wait, what, you can kick people out of a vehicle? Can anyone explain this, I've never seen it before.
                      Yeah. I did not know about this until **** told me. It is fun kicking team mates out of the car they were in first. sorry somata :P lol

It is under 3 Additional features

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: These vehicles now have a driver-activated lockout feature. Pressing the jump key will "lock" the vehicle, kicking team-mates out of the gunner seats and preventing them from re-entering. The vehicle will remain locked until the driver presses the jump key again or exits the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                        Yeah. I did not know about this until **** told me. It is fun kicking team mates out of the car they were in first. sorry somata :P lol

It is under 3 Additional features

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: These vehicles now have a driver-activated lockout feature. Pressing the jump key will "lock" the vehicle, kicking team-mates out of the gunner seats and preventing them from re-entering. The vehicle will remain locked until the driver presses the jump key again or exits the vehicle.
                        I can understand why this is an important fix. Thanks for explaining this.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                          Latest beta has a deemer bug. If you have avrils, the deemer isnt available until you run out of avrils.
                          I know I'm a bit late, but I think I should clarify something.

In UT3, the redeemer and avril share the same slot. If you hit '0' (or whatever your bind is), it'll swap to deemer first, then to avril. Bubble hated this behavior because you're far more likely to want to switch to an avril immediately (for example, on Torlan - if you're holding the redeemer but a manta is about to pancake you in ~2 seconds). Even attempting to switch to the avril, if you die, could cause you to drop the redeemer, thereby giving it to the enemy.

To fix this, Bubble created a whole new weapons slot for the redeemer. Unfortunately, the heads-up display will only show 10 slots, there are no built-in binds for a weapon #11, and even the controls menu doesn't even list that option.

You have to either rely on the "next weapon" control to switch to the redeemer, or define a redeemer bind yourself in UTInput.ini. Personally, I really like how Bubble set up the redeemer, since it means I will never switch to it unless I *really* want to. Regardless, my personal preference aside I knew this feature would be a bad idea because it would confuse everybody.

P.S.

I apologize for not being online lately. My internet connection has been extremely flaky and, when I get a chance, I'll get a *** technician out to have a look. My connection is always a little funky in the summer, but this year it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble_Damage View Post
                            rather than no information at all.

Find another key (hoverboard key? horn button?) for this. I need the DW to fart on vipers/people/mantas.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                              Find another key (hoverboard key? horn button?) for this. I need the DW to fart on vipers/people/mantas.
                              I squat to s***, xean jumps to fart.

But then I thought farts were alternate fire (heyo) ... or am I up to the apostrophe in Alzheimer's

Comment

Sry, i have to interfere.
                                Changing one's input mechanism is not really good. Even though, the new weapon slot for Redeemer ist not needed.

You can always use a differnet type of selecting your weapons without any mutators/scripts.
                                Selecting your hammer and scroll to your previous weapon, this will pick the Avril (with default weapon priority). I pick the Avril since Day1 like this.

If you want to have a direct access key:
                                Bindings=(Name="X",Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | PrevWeapon")

If you're playing CTF (and if there is an avril available), you have to use this:
                                Bindings=(Name="X",Command="ToggleTranslocator | PrevWeapon")

Remove this feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X