Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Fixes (Beta): A UT3 Bugfix Mutator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
    Spectator needs the behindview fixed for cars. If you type 'behindview' in console while speccing or demorecing, you get the players view of the action (1st player view, as in 1st player shooter view). When the player jumps in a car the behindview goes away and you return to 3rd person view. I want to see 1st person view while they drive their carz.
    Why for spectators?

I've been asking to have 1st person view in cars from the beginning. UT2k4 had that feature - such a shame they dropped it from UT3. I guess they did that because 1st person view in vehicles would make the wonky vehicle aiming (i.e., I think Bubble called it the "Serenity Hellbender Bug" or something) even more obvious and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybis View Post
      Why for spectators?

I've been asking to have 1st person view in cars from the beginning. UT2k4 had that feature - such a shame they dropped it from UT3. I guess they did that because 1st person view in vehicles would make the wonky vehicle aiming (i.e., I think Bubble called it the "Serenity Hellbender Bug" or something) even more obvious and annoying.
      Spectators should have the option to see exactly what the person being spec'ed is seeing.

Comment

Thing is, UT3 has no 1st person vehicle view by default. Players have the option to view their character from 1st or 3rd person, but UT3 switches to 3rd person for all vehicles. It would take a lot of work to add a new 1st person view into every vehicle, especially since I have no experience with how the camera is controlled in UT3.

Comment

I think Xeanderthal is talking about the 3rd person which is not locked if you spectate a player.
          (If you force the view into the firstperson [by typing behindview], everytime the player enters a vehicle or switches to hoverboard the spectator will get the 3rd person view again and its own rotation. So you have to move your mouse everytime the player enters a vehicle.)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            I think Xeanderthal is talking about the 3rd person which is not locked if you spectate a player.
            (If you force the view into the firstperson [by typing behindview], everytime the player enters a vehicle or switches to hoverboard the spectator will get the 3rd person view again and its own rotation. So you have to move your mouse everytime the player enters a vehicle.)
            Thanks Rattle. I am often hung over and unable to communicate clearly.

Comment

I has two potential additions.

So, when a node is under attack, players from its team cannot spawn at its location. Even just shooting it once with an enforcer shot enables its "under attack" state for 3 - 5 seconds. The problem is: When you attack an enemy node and your Orb carrier caps it (and let's say for this instance there are no enemies around), even though the node is now yours, it still flashes on the minimap and thinks its under attack thus preventing your team mates (and you if you got killed) from spawning at it. I haven't been able to definitively confirm this though; so I might be wrong. If not, fix plz.

The next potential fix is one a friend brought up to me. It would be to correct the spawn logic of the Orb. Case in point: Should your team be in control of most or all of the nodes in Downtown except the Tank node, and a team mate caps the Tank node with the Orb, it will respawn at its Power Core spawner rather than the furthest proper Orb spawner. I don't know if this is a map-specific or gametype-specific issue and I haven't been able to fully confirm it myself. But, fix plz!

Comment

Mech's second point is an interesting one: Unless I'm mistaken the Orb spawn logic is simply to find the spawner that is the shortest distance away from the Node just capped. Which means ... let's see ...

For Downtown Tank, the geography is such that this is always the Core. It does feel like it "should" instead send the Orb to the most advanced Node along the network, i.e. Prime, Center, or EP (although, maybe it's actually OK as is — if it's a deterrent to the winning team giving up a lock on EP, this could give the pinned-down team a better shot at Tank and thus a comeback — I don't know). Compare this to OnyxCoast, where all three Nodes are clustered together, so if you cap the Bridge Node it sends the Orb back to a Prime. (Although, the Primes are equidistant from Bridge, so if you own both, which one is it? I assume EP, but I don't remember.)

Now if you fix it to find the most advanced on-network spawner on Downtown, well and good, but then what about other maps? For example Serenity, or PowerSurge, with the Mine Node: when should/shouldn't an Orb be sent back to an off-network spawner? By the logic used to "fix" Downtown, the Orb in Serenity/PowerSurge would always land back at Core.

The problem isn't intractable, but it seems maintaining a consistent logic would start to get complicated ... and my guess is that's why they just went the simpler route of always figuring it on distance.

Comment

Build 5 of the beta version is now released. I have updated the original post. Similar to the last build, this mainly fixes problems with online play in the last release. It also adds a few new fixes.

Changes

• Modified the hack-prevention routine to increase its effectiveness.

• All vehicles: Fixed an issue that caused vehicle boost pads (such as Hoverboard ramps) not to function on the modified vehicles.

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: Fixed some minor issues with the lockout feature.

• Hellbender: Solving the extra damage and wall bugs required designing a new system for the chain reaction. This build fixes issues introduced by this new system.

• Paladin: The interaction between the shield and friendly link beams has been re-engineered. The shield now blocks the beam by default, but will not interrupt it if it's in the process of healing a friendly vehicle.

• All deployables: Fixed an issue that could possibly lead to duplicates of deployables being created.

• Spectating: Removed the Spectate button from the user interface due to glitches with its appearance. Note that it is still possible to become a spectator mid-game by entering BecomeSpectator into the console.

• Spectating: Fixed an issue that caused chat messages of spectators to display in a team color. Also added a small message that notifies players when someone becomes a spectator in-game.

New Fixes

• Link Gun: The Link Gun's beam will no longer be interrupted by teammates healing the same vehicle or node. If two teammates are healing the same thing, their link beams will not be broken if one player accidentally walks in front of the other.

• Redeemer: The Redeemer is now in weapon slot 11, instead of sharing slot 10 with the AVRiL. Although this makes no difference on the HUD, it prevents players from accidentally switching to the Redeemer when they in fact want an AVRiL.

• Leviathan: The Leviathan's big cannon is now affected by the Berserk power-up.

• Paladin: The Paladin proximity explosion attack is now affected by the Berserk power-up.

Let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
                    I has two potential additions.

So, when a node is under attack, players from its team cannot spawn at its location. Even just shooting it once with an enforcer shot enables its "under attack" state for 3 - 5 seconds. The problem is: When you attack an enemy node and your Orb carrier caps it (and let's say for this instance there are no enemies around), even though the node is now yours, it still flashes on the minimap and thinks its under attack thus preventing your team mates (and you if you got killed) from spawning at it. I haven't been able to definitively confirm this though; so I might be wrong. If not, fix plz.

The next potential fix is one a friend brought up to me. It would be to correct the spawn logic of the Orb. Case in point: Should your team be in control of most or all of the nodes in Downtown except the Tank node, and a team mate caps the Tank node with the Orb, it will respawn at its Power Core spawner rather than the furthest proper Orb spawner. I don't know if this is a map-specific or gametype-specific issue and I haven't been able to fully confirm it myself. But, fix plz!
                    Added to the to-do list.

Comment

Okay, umm... this mutator is starting to get a little crazy for my liking. I thought it was supposed to be invisible?

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
                      Seriously, if I'm fighting tooth-and-nail to defend my prime, but the enemy manages to cap it anyway, the absolute last thing I want is for a whole army of enemies to immediately spawn around me. I personally love this delay, as it gives me a fighting chance to kill the guy who capped, then take down the node before enemy reinforcements show up.

Originally posted by Bubble_Damage
                      The Redeemer is now in weapon slot 11, instead of sharing slot 10 with the AVRiL. Although this makes no difference on the HUD, it prevents players from accidentally switching to the Redeemer when they in fact want an AVRiL.
                      A few problems with this:

1. Now I have to figure out a good key to bind to the redeemer. I'm all out of good keys, however, since I bound them all to other weapons.

2. This will get confusing as we switch between War #2 and War #3. I'll forget which key to push to get redeemer.

3. This will totally confuse players who are unfamiliar with this mutator (not all old-timer Epic War 2/3 players frequent these forums!). I hope you realize this change would conflict with the "Configure Keys" section of the "Input" menu.

Comment

Seriously, if I'm fighting tooth-and-nail to defend my prime, but the enemy manages to cap it anyway, the absolute last thing I want is for a whole army of enemies to immediately spawn around me. I personally love this delay, as it gives me a fighting chance to kill the guy who capped, then take down the node before enemy reinforcements show up.
                        I see your point, but this has always seemed like a bug to me. It's odd that the game allows you to have full ownership of a node, but at the same time considers your node under attack because of damage your own team inflicted upon it. It makes sense that the destruction of a node would reset this "under attack" state. For example, if I take down and enemy node then start building it with my Link Gun, it will still appear to be under attack for a few seconds. Same goes for the orb. Personally I think it makes sense to fix this, but I'd certainly like to hear everyone others' opinions.

A few problems with this:

1. Now I have to figure out a good key to bind to the redeemer. I'm all out of good keys, however, since I bound them all to other weapons.

2. This will get confusing as we switch between War #2 and War #3. I'll forget which key to push to get redeemer.

3. This will totally confuse players who are unfamiliar with this mutator (not all old-timer Epic War 2/3 players frequent these forums!). I hope you realize this change would conflict with the "Configure Keys" section of the "Input" menu.
                        It's possible to bind the Redeemer to a key by having that key execute the command "SwitchWeapon 11". Granted, most keyboards don't have an 11 key ( ), but this was previously a problem with the AVRiL, which was impossible to have bound when the player was carrying a deemer. I made the change because I have best manta-killer bound to middle mouse button. It's not much fun when the player whips out a deemer instead of the AVRiL, and you end up being crushed and getting your nuke stolen. :P

I also looked at this change a bit suspiciously, though. I'll see if I can swap the "priority" of the nuke and AVRiL so that the AVRiL is the default choice for slot 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble_Damage View Post
                          Personally I think it makes sense to fix this, but I'd certainly like to hear everyone others' opinions.
                          Players on the team who lost the Node can still just immediately tap the fresh enemy Node to prevent enemy players from spawning in.

Worth noting also is that a fix could be made to work in the other direction too — where if you're defending a Node under attack and your Orb shows up, then by virtue of the Orb Lock, your team would get the benefit of immediately being able to spawn in friendly reinforcements.

I'll see if I can swap the "priority" of the nuke and AVRiL so that the AVRiL is the default choice for slot 10.
                          That definitely sounds like the better course. I like separating the keys personally, but forcing it on everyone is probably a step too far.

Simply making Avril outrank Redeemer is a good "safe" fix, and smart all around ... having an Avril in your inventory is far more common, so it's more "expected" when you hit the key, plus Avril is something you need to draw quickly and frequently ... whereas Redeemer plays are relatively rare, usually slow, plodding and premeditated; having to cycle past the Avril is much less of a nuisance than vice versa.

Comment

I know the node damage seems l;ike a bug and it probably is. But it is one that if changed could break some maps or significantly alter the way people play. I say leave that as-is.

On another note I have some suggestions of bugs/features:

* Fix Spider duds. (Happens on meshes set to block anything that collision model is outside the per-poly collision. Usually any collision outside what you can see). Spiders can't "see" people because they are inside the collision. Happens even if SM is set to block weapons. Best way for a mapper to fix is set SM to no collision and put BV set to blockall.
                            * Fix Skull duds. Similar problem to spiders where the mesh collision confuses the game and you cannot touch the Skull when you both are inside the collision.
                            * Fix Shaped Charge duds - same thing about collision.
                            * No red x-hair if you shoot a dead object.
                            * Steal orb from bot with USE / "E" key.
                            * Disable carcasses that look like a badly damaged but living vehicle (Nightshade & Viper especially). Instead use a carcass that is more badly damaged looking.
                            * No collision on all vehicle debris except block weapons.
                            * Fix knocked off hoverboard bug where the player lands is drawn different than where he actually is.
                            * Fix shadow bug to "see through ceiling to upper floor".
                            * Fix move vehicle bug when it re-spawns too quickly when node is recaptured right after being destroyed. Example Confrontation upside-down Eradicator in the air at prime. ( I think no collision on carcass will fix this automatically).
                            * Fix bug where you can move location of Eradicator when it spawns.
                            * Make pancake, Scavenger slice, or Viper suicide on a Titan/Behemoth not instant-death. Maybe like 600 damage or something? Just so a newly Titan'd player doesn't get insta-death.
                            * Make Pancaking a titan give you the kill & titan points for the Assassin as well as not kill you.
                            * Make something like Kick vote, but instead give players the power to deny ability to pick up orb or continue holding it. To block nubs or saboteurs from ruining an otherwise good match.

Bubble I must say I am astonished at the amazing work you have done thus far. Awesome stuff man!

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                              * Steal orb from bot with USE / "E" key.
                              Good idea. Even better: press USE and hold for 0.5 sec to steal orb from any teammate with fewer points.

Bots will at least drop flags/orbs when ordered via command menu ... of course the real game-killers are the humanoobs.

Comment

• Spectating: Removed the Spectate button from the user interface due to glitches with its appearance. Note that it is still possible to become a spectator mid-game by entering BecomeSpectator into the console.

• Spectating: Fixed an issue that caused chat messages of spectators to display in a team color. Also added a small message that notifies players when someone becomes a spectator in-game.
                                lol but it gave my team a advantage :+)

Comment

Working...
                                X