UT3 Fixes (Beta): A UT3 Bugfix Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Mech's second point is an interesting one: Unless I'm mistaken the Orb spawn logic is simply to find the spawner that is the shortest distance away from the Node just capped. Which means ... let's see ...

For Downtown Tank, the geography is such that this is always the Core. It does feel like it "should" instead send the Orb to the most advanced Node along the network, i.e. Prime, Center, or EP (although, maybe it's actually OK as is — if it's a deterrent to the winning team giving up a lock on EP, this could give the pinned-down team a better shot at Tank and thus a comeback — I don't know). Compare this to OnyxCoast, where all three Nodes are clustered together, so if you cap the Bridge Node it sends the Orb back to a Prime. (Although, the Primes are equidistant from Bridge, so if you own both, which one is it? I assume EP, but I don't remember.)

Now if you fix it to find the most advanced on-network spawner on Downtown, well and good, but then what about other maps? For example Serenity, or PowerSurge, with the Mine Node: when should/shouldn't an Orb be sent back to an off-network spawner? By the logic used to "fix" Downtown, the Orb in Serenity/PowerSurge would always land back at Core.

The problem isn't intractable, but it seems maintaining a consistent logic would start to get complicated ... and my guess is that's why they just went the simpler route of always figuring it on distance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I has two potential additions.

So, when a node is under attack, players from its team cannot spawn at its location. Even just shooting it once with an enforcer shot enables its "under attack" state for 3 - 5 seconds. The problem is: When you attack an enemy node and your Orb carrier caps it (and let's say for this instance there are no enemies around), even though the node is now yours, it still flashes on the minimap and thinks its under attack thus preventing your team mates (and you if you got killed) from spawning at it. I haven't been able to definitively confirm this though; so I might be wrong. If not, fix plz.

The next potential fix is one a friend brought up to me. It would be to correct the spawn logic of the Orb. Case in point: Should your team be in control of most or all of the nodes in Downtown except the Tank node, and a team mate caps the Tank node with the Orb, it will respawn at its Power Core spawner rather than the furthest proper Orb spawner. I don't know if this is a map-specific or gametype-specific issue and I haven't been able to fully confirm it myself. But, fix plz!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    I think Xeanderthal is talking about the 3rd person which is not locked if you spectate a player.
    (If you force the view into the firstperson [by typing behindview], everytime the player enters a vehicle or switches to hoverboard the spectator will get the 3rd person view again and its own rotation. So you have to move your mouse everytime the player enters a vehicle.)
    Thanks Rattle. I am often hung over and unable to communicate clearly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think Xeanderthal is talking about the 3rd person which is not locked if you spectate a player.
    (If you force the view into the firstperson [by typing behindview], everytime the player enters a vehicle or switches to hoverboard the spectator will get the 3rd person view again and its own rotation. So you have to move your mouse everytime the player enters a vehicle.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thing is, UT3 has no 1st person vehicle view by default. Players have the option to view their character from 1st or 3rd person, but UT3 switches to 3rd person for all vehicles. It would take a lot of work to add a new 1st person view into every vehicle, especially since I have no experience with how the camera is controlled in UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cybis View Post
    Why for spectators?

I've been asking to have 1st person view in cars from the beginning. UT2k4 had that feature - such a shame they dropped it from UT3. I guess they did that because 1st person view in vehicles would make the wonky vehicle aiming (i.e., I think Bubble called it the "Serenity Hellbender Bug" or something) even more obvious and annoying.
    Spectators should have the option to see exactly what the person being spec'ed is seeing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
    Spectator needs the behindview fixed for cars. If you type 'behindview' in console while speccing or demorecing, you get the players view of the action (1st player view, as in 1st player shooter view). When the player jumps in a car the behindview goes away and you return to 3rd person view. I want to see 1st person view while they drive their carz.
    Why for spectators?

I've been asking to have 1st person view in cars from the beginning. UT2k4 had that feature - such a shame they dropped it from UT3. I guess they did that because 1st person view in vehicles would make the wonky vehicle aiming (i.e., I think Bubble called it the "Serenity Hellbender Bug" or something) even more obvious and annoying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Spectator needs the behindview fixed for cars. If you type 'behindview' in console while speccing or demorecing, you get the players view of the action (1st player view, as in 1st player shooter view). When the player jumps in a car the behindview goes away and you return to 3rd person view. I want to see 1st person view while they drive their carz.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
    Also, can a 'friendly' stand behind the shield and link an enemy core/car/player without taking damage? For a small change the benefits to the friendly side could be large.
    That's true, I didn't think of that. I'll see if I can make it pass through the shield only when friendly healing is in progress. If I can't, I'll remove this change entirely.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dont know if I like this one:
    Paladin: The Paladin's shield no longer blocks friendly link beams, preventing drivers from accidentally interfering with vehicle healing.

It seems the shield should block all weapons, just like the shade/stealth shield does. Also, can a 'friendly' stand behind the shield and link an enemy core/car/player without taking damage? For a small change the benefits to the friendly side could be large.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice fixes
    can that netcode problem being fixed ???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gooooo bubble

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Build 4 of the beta version is now released. I have updated the original post. This mainly fixes problems with online play in the last release, but adds a few nice fixes and features as well.

Changes

• Redeemer: The "Redeemer denied by..." message now functions properly online.

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: The lockout feature now functions properly online.

• Eradicator: Fixes labeled "all vehicles" actually apply to the Eradicator now (I was joking last time).

New Fixes

• Link Gun: The link beam now appears in its yellow "powered-up" color for players holding the Berserk.

• Hellbender: Fixed the zoom bug, in which switching away from the gunner seat while zooming in could result in a zoomed view in the driver seat.

• Hellbender: Fixed the aiming bug. Sometimes the detonator beam would lock onto dead skymines that had run into a wall, making it difficult to hit shock balls you are aiming for.

New Features

• Longbow AVRiL: New announcer message for killing a foot soldier with the AVRiL.

Many thanks to Taffy for helping with online testing. Thanks also go to RattleSN4K3 for assistance with coding.

Let me know what you guys think of the new build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
    Does this fix the whole, shoot rockets > jump on hoverboard > suicide fail?
    It never existed until Epics latest patch and by **** did it suck when I was playing actively.

Would be nice if parking a vehicle on top of a node or a flag caused the vehicle to take damage.

Vehicle debris collision, things blowing up leaving their collisions laying around in the playable area are stupid.

Should probably implement the Nyan Cat Redeemer as standard.

Might look into putting this on mpuk servers, i'll see.
    1. I chose not to fix the hoverboard suicide because I've always found it quite useful, actually. I've never done it accidentally, but I do it purposely because there's also a bug that causes you to respawn instantly when it happens. This is useful if you get stranded in the wrong part of a Warfare map and want to get back to a node quickly. That's a bit selfish though, I'll fix it in the next build.

2. That's a pretty serious change to gameplay. It's probably better suited as a separate mutator, but maybe I could make it a configurable option.

3. I fixed this for the scorp, which was the cause of the "invisible dead vehicle" bug. The other vehicles are supposed to stick around for a bit after you kill them. It would be a bit weird if a dead tank dissolved instantly.

4. lol

5. cool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this fix the whole, shoot rockets > jump on hoverboard > suicide fail?
    It never existed until Epics latest patch and by **** did it suck when I was playing actively.

Would be nice if parking a vehicle on top of a node or a flag caused the vehicle to take damage.

Vehicle debris collision, things blowing up leaving their collisions laying around in the playable area are stupid.

Should probably implement the Nyan Cat Redeemer as standard.

Might look into putting this on mpuk servers, i'll see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X