Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Fixes (Beta): A UT3 Bugfix Mutator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cybis View Post
    Uh oh!

You actually broke a significant feature of the darkwalker - the ability to crouch!

Also - the hell bender does have a hand-break after all. You can pull off a wicked 360 using it (go try it out in instant action).

I've been meaning to ask - are you hard-coding these keys (i.e., space to eject side kick) or are you coding against the command they're bound to (i.e., if I bind something else to crouch, will that then become my 'eject side kick' key)?

Perhaps 'eject side kick' (or 'lock' or whatever you want to call it) should be bound to the hoverboard key instead of crouch? After all, there are no multi-seat kamikaziable vehicles.
    No, the keys are not hardcoded. The kamikaze-only feature of Scorpions and Vipers will be triggered by whatever you have designated as your hoverboard key. Likewise, the lockout is triggered by whatever your jump key is.

Which is why I'm confused. Do you use the space bar as your crouch key? I should have said "jump key" instead of space, I suppose. But I don't see how this change affects crouching or handbraking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble_Damage View Post
      No, the keys are not hardcoded. The kamikaze-only feature of Scorpions and Vipers will be triggered by whatever you have designated as your hoverboard key. Likewise, the lockout is triggered by whatever your jump key is.

Which is why I'm confused. Do you use the space bar as your crouch key? I should have said "jump key" instead of space, I suppose. But I don't see how this change affects crouching or handbraking.
      Oh xD.

I knew I rebound some of my keys (which provoked the question about how you set up the binds), but I thought space for crouch was the default. So, the "jump" key is for eject side kick? Good choice (for me, that's the right mouse button. I know, I'm weird).

Comment

Holy **** Bubble!

I feel so warm and bubbly inside right now after having just read this comprehensive list of fixes and features. They are all a welcome sight! Can't wait to play again with your mutator enabled!

Edit: As of this time, the download link's not working. plzfix! :P

Edit 2: Nevermind. Got it!

Comment

So is this going to be put on Epic Greed or not sounds good to me.

My top bug issues I can not stand and make me rage.
          1. Avril reload bug I can click fire a million times and nothing happens then splat manta to the face.
          2. crashing when picking up my weapons I have dropped.
          3. once I have crashed it takes for ever to get back in the server.
          4. Playing with HackerX while he rages me about cheating(add a no Hackerx kick button). Go ahead and add IYI to that list also thanks and great work so far bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal.Inc View Post
            Awesome stuff is this up on any servers? I still want my score board Bubble don't make me rage.
            I like the score board Idea

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal.Inc View Post
              Bubble is a god! Now please oh please make a score board that shows kills and deaths in Greed.
              Greed should have a mutator to change the scoring. Give 1 pt per kill and 1 pt per skull capped instead of the current 1 pt per skull only.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                Greed should have a mutator to change the scoring. Give 1 pt per kill and 1 pt per skull capped instead of the current 1 pt per skull only.
                Hmm, yeah that would be better ... also, 1000x easier to implement than a scoreboard mod.

Comment

Does this fix the whole, shoot rockets > jump on hoverboard > suicide fail?
                  It never existed until Epics latest patch and by **** did it suck when I was playing actively.

Would be nice if parking a vehicle on top of a node or a flag caused the vehicle to take damage.

Vehicle debris collision, things blowing up leaving their collisions laying around in the playable area are stupid.

Should probably implement the Nyan Cat Redeemer as standard.

Might look into putting this on mpuk servers, i'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                    Does this fix the whole, shoot rockets > jump on hoverboard > suicide fail?
                    It never existed until Epics latest patch and by **** did it suck when I was playing actively.

Would be nice if parking a vehicle on top of a node or a flag caused the vehicle to take damage.

Vehicle debris collision, things blowing up leaving their collisions laying around in the playable area are stupid.

Should probably implement the Nyan Cat Redeemer as standard.

Might look into putting this on mpuk servers, i'll see.
                    1. I chose not to fix the hoverboard suicide because I've always found it quite useful, actually. I've never done it accidentally, but I do it purposely because there's also a bug that causes you to respawn instantly when it happens. This is useful if you get stranded in the wrong part of a Warfare map and want to get back to a node quickly. That's a bit selfish though, I'll fix it in the next build.

2. That's a pretty serious change to gameplay. It's probably better suited as a separate mutator, but maybe I could make it a configurable option.

3. I fixed this for the scorp, which was the cause of the "invisible dead vehicle" bug. The other vehicles are supposed to stick around for a bit after you kill them. It would be a bit weird if a dead tank dissolved instantly.

4. lol

5. cool

Comment

Build 4 of the beta version is now released. I have updated the original post. This mainly fixes problems with online play in the last release, but adds a few nice fixes and features as well.

Changes

• Redeemer: The "Redeemer denied by..." message now functions properly online.

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: The lockout feature now functions properly online.

• Eradicator: Fixes labeled "all vehicles" actually apply to the Eradicator now (I was joking last time).

New Fixes

• Link Gun: The link beam now appears in its yellow "powered-up" color for players holding the Berserk.

• Hellbender: Fixed the zoom bug, in which switching away from the gunner seat while zooming in could result in a zoomed view in the driver seat.

• Hellbender: Fixed the aiming bug. Sometimes the detonator beam would lock onto dead skymines that had run into a wall, making it difficult to hit shock balls you are aiming for.

New Features

• Longbow AVRiL: New announcer message for killing a foot soldier with the AVRiL.

Many thanks to Taffy for helping with online testing. Thanks also go to RattleSN4K3 for assistance with coding.

Let me know what you guys think of the new build.

Comment

gooooo bubble

Comment

nice fixes
                          can that netcode problem being fixed ???

Comment

Dont know if I like this one:
                            Paladin: The Paladin's shield no longer blocks friendly link beams, preventing drivers from accidentally interfering with vehicle healing.

It seems the shield should block all weapons, just like the shade/stealth shield does. Also, can a 'friendly' stand behind the shield and link an enemy core/car/player without taking damage? For a small change the benefits to the friendly side could be large.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                              Also, can a 'friendly' stand behind the shield and link an enemy core/car/player without taking damage? For a small change the benefits to the friendly side could be large.
                              That's true, I didn't think of that. I'll see if I can make it pass through the shield only when friendly healing is in progress. If I can't, I'll remove this change entirely.

Comment

Spectator needs the behindview fixed for cars. If you type 'behindview' in console while speccing or demorecing, you get the players view of the action (1st player view, as in 1st player shooter view). When the player jumps in a car the behindview goes away and you return to 3rd person view. I want to see 1st person view while they drive their carz.

Comment

Working...
                                X