Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Fixes (Beta): A UT3 Bugfix Mutator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all,awesome work Bubble
    just one thing.... this mutator could be configurable by UT3Fixes.ini for disable one or more option??? first, for probem of compatibility with other mutator that run on server (like in my case) and second with those bunch of features it's quite hard to get everyone to agree :P

Comment

Configurability is a good idea. I'll add it to the next build.

Comment

I support the Bubble movment and voted to add it. He worked hard on much needed fixes now go make me a score board.

Comment

Originally posted by penpen86 View Post
          first of all,awesome work Bubble
          just one thing.... this mutator could be configurable by UT3Fixes.ini for disable one or more option??? first, for probem of compatibility with other mutator that run on server (like in my case) and second with those bunch of features it's quite hard to get everyone to agree :P
          Hmm, got killed on The Last Server today and had Avril and boots when I died, so I went and picked them up and ... game crash. FFS picking up my own dropped Avril hang. Is this fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
            Hmm, got killed on The Last Server today and had Avril and boots when I died, so I went and picked them up and ... game crash. FFS picking up my own dropped Avril hang. Is this fixed?
            nope any fix regarding avril bug in our server,maybe it's ut3 bug.... rarely happen to me as well when i take some weapons :/

Comment

Originally posted by penpen86 View Post
              nope any fix regarding avril bug in our server,maybe it's ut3 bug.... rarely happen to me as well when i take some weapons :/
              PenPen, this is an old UT3 bug. The easiest way reproduce the bug is to bind a "Throw Weapons" key and throw all your weapons. Picking up ALL your weapons, or picking up the Avril, will cause your UT3 to crash.

Comment

It might also freeze your computer. There are various mutator which implemented a different approach of throwing weapons (like the ****** mutator) and the crash wasn't happening at all. I came to a conclusion that it must be something with the script not the engine. I think setting the Owner of a dropped weapon to None could solve this problem ... but i never tested it.

Comment

Build 3 of the beta version is now released. I have updated the original post. This is a pretty major release; look over the changes, there's some cool new stuff.

Changes

• New "UT3 Fixes / Titan" mutator. This combines UT3 Fixes and the Titan mutator, providing some fixes to Titan-based gameplay as well.

• All vehicles: Fixed mis-aligned seat icons on the HUD (a side effect of modifying UT3's vehicles).

• All turrets: Fixes labeled "All vehicles" now apply to turrets and the Eradicator as well.

• Hellfire SPMA: Applied the changes made to the Hellbender's shockball weapon to the SPMA as well.

• Viper: Fixed the Viper's broken HUD (a side effect of modifying the vehicle).

New Fixes

• Shockball Turret: Big ugly black boxes no longer appear to players in front of the turret when it is firing. (Note that this is a fix for the actual Shock Turret vehicle, not the seat in the Leviathan, which seems not to have this issue).

• EMP Mine: Fixed the Scorpion bug, in which a self-destructing scorpion would trigger the EMP multiple times.

• Warfare: This mutator now includes the Orb Fix mutator. This means the orb minimap issue is fixed, and there is no need to use the Orb Fix mutator separately.

• Titan: Fixed the melee bug, in which a melee attack started by the player would kill enemies after the player died.

• Titan: Fixed the explosion suicide bug. Players can no longer kill themselves by respawning into their own Titan's explosion.

• Spectating: Spectators now see their screens flash red when their view target's incur damage.

• Spectating: Spectators now see the name of their view target's killer upon death.

• Spectating: Spectators now see missile lock-on warnings received by their view target.

New Features

I have implemented a hack-prevention routine suggested by DickBird. Hopefully this will alleviate the recent chat-spamming issue.

The mid-game menu now features a "Spectate" button, enabling active players to become spectators without leaving the game.

• Redeemer: A player whose Redeemer is denied now receives a message informing them of who shot it down, and with what weapon.

• Redeemer: Players with the Berserk power-up can now equip and put away the Redeemer twice as quickly. This balances the fact that the Redeemer fires only one shot, and thus is otherwise unaffected by the Berserk.

• All vehicles: Vehicle explosions now have their own unique death messages. A player killed by a nearby exploding vehicle will now see "(Vehicle Explosion)" next to the name of their killer, rather than no information at all.

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: These vehicles now have a driver-activated lockout feature. Pressing the jump key will "lock" the vehicle, kicking team-mates out of the gunner seats and preventing them from re-entering. The vehicle will remain locked until the driver presses the jump key again or exits the vehicle.

• Paladin: The Paladin's shield no longer blocks friendly link beams, preventing drivers from accidentally interfering with vehicle healing.

• Scorpion / Viper: The hoverboard key (typically Q) now serves as a "self destruct only" key in these vehicles, as requested by Cybis. If the vehicle is ready for a self destruct, pressing the hoverboard key will initiate it. Otherwise, the player will remain in the vehicle.

• Warfare: Players no longer have to wait for the map to appear to choose their spawn location. As soon as the game allows you to respawn at a game-selected location by pressing fire, it will also let you open the map and choose specifically where to respawn.

• Titan: Titan melee attacks and death explosions now have unique death messages. A player killed by a nearby ground-pounding or exploding Titan will now see "(Titan)" next to the name of their killer, rather than no information at all.

Let me know what you think of the new build. Since this also fixes many of the old issues with the mutator, we should hopefully be reaching the end of the beta stage.

Comment

Nice

I now believe this is holding ground.

Comment

Awesome stuff is this up on any servers? I still want my score board Bubble don't make me rage.

Comment

Nice work Bubble !
                        I'd like to add this mut to my server.

By the way, I found this mut got trouble when I used it with BattleTeamArena.
                        It will be nice if it is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal.Inc View Post
                          I still want my score board Bubble don't make me rage.
                          ha yes that would be sweet. I don't usually give this class of complaints much stock, but it's true: those dumbed-down, sometimes-broken scoreboards are probably the worst, most unforgivable bits of legitimate "consolitis" in UT3.

However, scoreboards (or any non-trivial UI) are a famously terrible pain in the *** to mod in UT3 — way, way harder than one would think, and much harder than they should be.

Ballpark guess: hacking in a satisfying scoreboard mod by itself would cost a Bubble or his talented equivalent at least as much time as he's probably spent on the actual game mods — and three times the sanity. All told, not worth it compared to real in-game improvements IMHO.

Comment

Great, love all the additions you have made! Can't wait to see it on the servers! Now that it's popular enough..

Comment

I just updated the original post with a quick change (didn't bother to go to a new version number). One of the changes I made in the last release interfered with Greed. The mutator has been updated to fix the issue, so make sure to re-download.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble_Damage View Post

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: These vehicles now have a driver-activated lockout feature. Pressing the space bar will "lock" the vehicle, kicking team-mates out of the gunner seats and preventing them from re-entering. The vehicle will remain locked until the driver presses the space bar again or exits the vehicle.
                                Uh oh!

You actually broke a significant feature of the darkwalker - the ability to crouch!

Also - the hell bender does have a hand-break after all. You can pull off a wicked 360 using it (go try it out in instant action).

I've been meaning to ask - are you hard-coding these keys (i.e., space to eject side kick) or are you coding against the command they're bound to (i.e., if I bind something else to crouch, will that then become my 'eject side kick' key)?

Perhaps 'eject side kick' (or 'lock' or whatever you want to call it) should be bound to the hoverboard key instead of crouch? After all, there are no multi-seat kamikaziable vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X