Clear All

• replied
    voted for this to be put on epic 2 to or too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta 6 is up on War3 if anyone is interested. Thx GreenCheetos

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is incredible! Thank you so much for attempting to fix what the devs completely ignored for some reason. Will this eventually become a sort of unofficial patch for UT3 or will it remain a mutator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the delays getting to the deemer problem. I've been away for the past couple of weeks and haven't had much time to spend on UT3. Build 6 of the beta version is now released. I have updated the original post. This build removes the deemer "fix" completely, and makes a few other small changes, but other than that is not very noteworthy. In theory, this build is quite stable, as I have not introduced any new changes I could see causing issues.

Changes

• Spectating: Made some slight changes that will hopefully improve upon fixes made in previous versions.

• Redeemer: Removed the weapon slot fix introduced in the previous build. This change caused issues with the keyboard layout used by most players, so it turned out to do more harm than good.

New Fixes

• All vehicles: Dead vehicle pieces no longer cause the crosshairs of enemy players to flash red upon being shot.

• Eradicator: Fixed the spawn bug, in which players could push around the Eradicator during the time its spawn effect was playing.

Let me know what you think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
    I squat to s***, xean jumps to fart.

But then I thought farts were alternate fire (heyo) ... or am I up to the apostrophe in Alzheimer's
    Lol, hadn't been in a DW in a while, but I was pinging 160-180 on War3 last night so was DW whoring. I guess my fingers forgot the key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
    Find another key (hoverboard key? horn button?) for this. I need the DW to fart on vipers/people/mantas.
    Umm... it's the alternate fire key, not the jump key, which "farts" on people below. I didn't think the jump key did anything in the darkwalker.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Bindings=(Name="X",Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | PrevWeapon")
    ****, I should have thought of that 10000 games ago... brb gonna go edit my ini's

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sry, i have to interfere.
    Changing one's input mechanism is not really good. Even though, the new weapon slot for Redeemer ist not needed.

You can always use a differnet type of selecting your weapons without any mutators/scripts.
    Selecting your hammer and scroll to your previous weapon, this will pick the Avril (with default weapon priority). I pick the Avril since Day1 like this.

If you want to have a direct access key:
    Bindings=(Name="X",Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | PrevWeapon")

If you're playing CTF (and if there is an avril available), you have to use this:
    Bindings=(Name="X",Command="ToggleTranslocator | PrevWeapon")

Remove this feature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Find another key (hoverboard key? horn button?) for this. I need the DW to fart on vipers/people/mantas.
    I squat to s***, xean jumps to fart.

But then I thought farts were alternate fire (heyo) ... or am I up to the apostrophe in Alzheimer's

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bubble_Damage View Post
    rather than no information at all.

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: These vehicles now have a driver-activated lockout feature. Pressing the jump key will "lock" the vehicle, kicking team-mates out of the gunner seats and preventing them from re-entering. The vehicle will remain locked until the driver presses the jump key again or exits the vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Latest beta has a deemer bug. If you have avrils, the deemer isnt available until you run out of avrils.
    I know I'm a bit late, but I think I should clarify something.

In UT3, the redeemer and avril share the same slot. If you hit '0' (or whatever your bind is), it'll swap to deemer first, then to avril. Bubble hated this behavior because you're far more likely to want to switch to an avril immediately (for example, on Torlan - if you're holding the redeemer but a manta is about to pancake you in ~2 seconds). Even attempting to switch to the avril, if you die, could cause you to drop the redeemer, thereby giving it to the enemy.

To fix this, Bubble created a whole new weapons slot for the redeemer. Unfortunately, the heads-up display will only show 10 slots, there are no built-in binds for a weapon #11, and even the controls menu doesn't even list that option.

You have to either rely on the "next weapon" control to switch to the redeemer, or define a redeemer bind yourself in UTInput.ini. Personally, I really like how Bubble set up the redeemer, since it means I will never switch to it unless I *really* want to. Regardless, my personal preference aside I knew this feature would be a bad idea because it would confuse everybody.

P.S.

I apologize for not being online lately. My internet connection has been extremely flaky and, when I get a chance, I'll get a *** technician out to have a look. My connection is always a little funky in the summer, but this year it's ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geronaho View Post
    Yeah. I did not know about this until **** told me. It is fun kicking team mates out of the car they were in first. sorry somata :P lol

It is under 3 Additional features

• DarkWalker / Goliath / Hellbender: These vehicles now have a driver-activated lockout feature. Pressing the jump key will "lock" the vehicle, kicking team-mates out of the gunner seats and preventing them from re-entering. The vehicle will remain locked until the driver presses the jump key again or exits the vehicle.
    I can understand why this is an important fix. Thanks for explaining this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
    Wait, what, you can kick people out of a vehicle? Can anyone explain this, I've never seen it before.
    Yeah. I did not know about this until **** told me. It is fun kicking team mates out of the car they were in first. sorry somata :P lol

It is under 3 Additional features

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geronaho View Post
    Love the kicking people out of vehicles fix :+) I have not been locked out yet. Does it give any message to the other player? Also can you apply a notification for the player in the vehicle when it is locked other than the sound?
    Wait, what, you can kick people out of a vehicle? Can anyone explain this, I've never seen it before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love the kicking people out of vehicles fix :+) I have not been locked out yet. Does it give any message to the other player? Also can you apply a notification for the player in the vehicle when it is locked other than the sound?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X