No announcement yet.

Mutate Spec 0.6 [BETA][PC][PS3] [Updated: August 1 2013]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid me. The Configurable Mutator should work but the ini is not properly configured.
    The class path of the PS3 ini is wrong. I forget to replace it.
    Code:
    ClassName=Configurable_NoHoverboard.Configurable_NoHoverboard
    Code:
    ClassName=Configurable_NoHoverboard.Configurable_NoHoverboard_Mutator
    Here's the new package.
    Configurable_NoHoverboard_03.zip

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
    v0.1b Dev 5 doesn't work. Doesn't unpack properly, freezes during the unpacking @99%. Can't otherwise test it.
    Repacked the mutator (even different size, looks like packing a stripped mutator causes bugs).

MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev5_02_Repack.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8a0h98..._02_Repack.zip

I created a new version. Everything UI related is removed. You have to hold the START key to switch to spectator/player.

MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev6.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ie8m2m...v0.1b_Dev6.zip

Originally posted by i_am_binky View Post
    being able to switch from Spectator to Player or vice-versa sure would be handy for online gameplay... is MutateSpec going to include server version?
    What do you mean by "server version"?

Speaking for the PC version
    This mutator should work for dedicated server, listen servers and standalone.
    There is also the ServerActor. So you don't need to add the mutator (client has to download the package in every case).
    ServerActor's class:
    Code:
    MutateSpec.MSServerActor

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
      Repacked the mutator (even different size, looks like packing a stripped mutator causes bugs).
      MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev5_02_Repack.zip
      I created a new version. Everything UI related is removed. You have to hold the START key to switch to spectator/player.MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev6.zip
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/ie8m2m...v0.1b_Dev6.zip
      Dev5_02_Repack freezes when ingame and player selects start. MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev6.zip spectate feature works, pressing start for 2 secs works. But the config options don't work. Ex I deselected allow spectators in config and started game, it allowed spectators.

Configurable_NoHoverboard_03.zip does remove the hoverboard but the config also doesn't work. Checkmarking allow hoverboard in config (saving), entering game and the hoverboards don't pop up. They are supposed to show up in this example right? Anyways tried it in deathmatch didn't work there either.

I think checkboxes don't work for the PS3 in general. Can change it to a dropdown box? (They get converted to slide rulers on ps3). Exactly like the weapons mut does, that way the x will be accept again. And we will be working with items that 100% work.

Comment

Thanks for testing. So the UI integration will be removed in the following release.

What happens if you open the scene after you have "Accept" the settings?
        Next question: Are all checkboxes checked (or unchecked) when you open the scene for the first time?

Building such options dynamically is not easy to do. You need to read options from a datastore. I think PS3 is limited there.

Comment

Thanks for testing. So the UI integration will be removed in the following release.
          What happens if you open the scene after you have "Accept" the settings?
          next question: Are all checkboxes checked (or unchecked) when you open the scene for the first time?
          Hoverboard mut: empty box, upon check marking it and exiting then re-enter. Check will appear/stay.
          Spectator: full boxes, 2 bottom boxes with numbers in them. Upon unchecking (then exiting/entering) boxes will remain unchecked.

Comment

It looks like the config is saved properly. What happens if you exit UT3 (and shutdown the PS3) and re-enter that config scene. Are the values saved?

How did you notice on "MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev6" that players were allowed to switch after you de-selected "Allow Spectators"?
            You can still hold the START button but you will get a message that you're not allowed to switch (and you will not get switched).

This would explain the MutateSpec problem but not the Configurable_NoHoverboard thing.
            Did you try an example by yourself? I might overlook something why it isn't working.

Is it possible to get the log file of UT3?

Comment

It looks like the config is saved properly. What happens if you exit UT3 (and shutdown the PS3) and re-enter that config scene. Are the values saved? How did you notice on "MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev6" that players were allowed to switch after you de-selected "Allow Spectators"? You can still hold the START button but you will get a message that you're not allowed to switch (and you will not get switched). This would explain the MutateSpec problem but not the Configurable_NoHoverboard thing. Did you try an example by yourself? I might overlook something why it isn't working.Is it possible to get the log file of UT3?
              Nope, no logs for PS3. If you shut down and restart everything goes back to default. After i de-selected "Allow Spectators" and started the game, I held start and spectating started (or does that box only apply to other outside players only?). No message saying "you're not allowed to switch" popped up. All testing i did by myself, I really want to get this to work so I am trying several times.

Comment

Too bad that there is no access to the log file.

I changed the way how i access the config values. I hope it works.

MutateSpecPS3_v0.1b_Dev7.zip
                http://www.mediafire.com/?a8e6aw06ib8jzyx

Comment

Config boxes do nothing in game selected or not selected. Tried selecting "Restore stats" checkbox as a test/guide (along with with allow spectating). Selecting or not selecting it resulted in no difference, spectating was allowed and stats (kills/points?) were not restored when entering back in from spectating. I think maybe I am misunderstanding what these check boxes actually do?
                  Can you switch back to the hoverboard one?

Comment

Config boxes do nothing in game selected or not selected. Tried selecting "Restore stats" checkbox as a test/guide (along with with allow spectating). Selecting or not selecting it resulted in no difference, spectating was allowed and stats (kills/points?) were not restored when entering back in from spectating. I think maybe I am misunderstanding what these check boxes actually do?
                    No, that's quite correct. But the stats should restore on default.

Can you switch back to the hoverboard one?
                    Stll around? Do you need any help regarding a config mutator?

Comment

Updated to version 0.3b.
                      It is now possible to enter chat message and you will get switched. There are also some bug fixes. The PS3 version has no config scene anymore. There are 4 pre configured mutators which a user can choose.

PC
                      New features:
                      • Compatible mode for mutator which are using the same commands

Changelog v0.3:
                      • Changed: Package flags are client optional now
                      • Added: Chat commands
                      • Added: Options to disable chat and mutate commands separately
                      • Added: Compatible mode to disable mutate, chat and exec commands
                      • Added: Localization file
                      • Fixed: RestoreStats was not saved in Config UI
                      • Fixed: UI integration not working when mutator was added with ServerTravel
                      • Fixed: Duplicate players when RestoreStats is enabled

PS3
                      New features:
                      • Pre-Configured mutators

Changelog v0.3:
                      • Changed: Package flags are client optional now
                      • Added: Chat commands
                      • Added: Options to disable chat and mutate commands separately
                      • Fixed: Duplicate players when RestoreStats is enabled
                      • Fixed: Chain of LinkedReplicationInfo got broken

Comment

Updated to version 0.4b.
                        This version fixes a critical error which causes a crash. This new version also sets no dependency in demos files.
                        Here is a quick demonstration:

PC
                        New features:
                        • Optionally: No dependency of the package when playing recorded demos

Changelog v0.4:
                        • Fixed: Chain of LinkedReplicationInfo got broken
                        • Fixed: Client crash when closing menu after switching tabs
                        • Changed: Separate client package
                        • Changed: Proper Menu hooking
                        • Changed: Rewritten config scene

PS3
                        Just recompiled. Nothing new

Comment

Upgraded to version 0.5b.
                          This version fixes some problems when switching from spectator to player via the chat command. There was also a problem with Restoring stats which resulted into a bad switched player (e.g. announced as red but played in blue). Also, this version features a new option to trigger a "Welcome" message when a client connects and enters the game. This welcome message is also replicated to the demo file.

The problem with Restore Stats was also present for the PS3 version.

PC
                          New features:
                          • Optionally: Let player notice the Mutator is running with a welcome message

Changelog v0.5:
                          • Fixed: Team switching with chat command was handled twice
                          • Fixed: Restoring stats switched player to old team causing some problems
                          • Added: "Loaded" message for clients (and also stored in demos)

PS3
                          Changelog v0.5:
                          • Fixed: Restoring stats switched player to old team causing some problems
                          • Fixed: Minor bugs

Please, report bugs.
                          I would also gladly like if you guys can check if the PS3 version is working. There were some problems with the PS3 but I removed these features.

Comment

Upgraded to version 0.6b.
                            This version fixes some bugs which causes the player being stuck in the 'Dead' state. There are also 2 new exec commands becomespectator and becomeplayer. There were also some messaging problems which got fixed in this version. Bugs on the PS3 also got fixed.

PC
                            Changelog v0.6:
                            • Fixed: Switching to spec while being dead caused being stuck in the dead state
                            • Fixed: Swapped messages for delay join/spec
                            • Fixed: Bots causing error entries in log
                            • Fixed: Some bad behaviour with delay messages
                            • Fixed: Proper behaviour for becomeactive (menu 'join')
                            • Fixed: Multiple message were shown on trying to switch
                            • Changed: Relevancy for client class
                            • Added: New exec commands "becomeplayer" and "becomespectator"

PS3
                            Changelog v0.6:
                            • Fixed: Switching to spec while being dead caused being stuck in the dead state
                            • Fixed: Swapped messages for delay join/spec
                            • Fixed: Some bad behaviour with delay messages
                            • Fixed: Proper behaviour for becomeactive (menu 'join')
                            • Fixed: Multiple message were shown on trying to switch
                            • Changed: Relevancy for client class

As mentioned before, I can not guarantee if the PS3 is working as I got no option to test it.

Comment

Working...
                            X