• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VehicleRespawnIntervalLengthenerBETA1[Beta]

1.Name: VehicleRespawnIntervalLengthenerBETA1
    2.Version: BETA1
    3.Compatibility: Patch5 and TitanPack
    4.Description: This Mutator lengthens Vehicle Respawn Interval.

I prepared three kinds of Mutators.

Lv1 increases Vehicle Respawn Interval 3 times.
    Lv2 increases Vehicle Respawn Interval 5 times.
    Lv3 increases Vehicle Respawn Interval 10 times.

I used the script of Captain Snarf.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/627178
    Thank you.

5.Comments: I thought that there was too much Vehicle on the WAR map and VCTF map of UT3.
    I thought that I would like to reduce the number of Vehicle.
    However, I did not want to reduce the kind of Vehicle.

Therefore, I thought that I would lengthen "Vehicle Respawn Interval".
    I made this Mutator, in order to reduce the number of vehicles, without reducing the kind of vehicle.

If the vehicles under game decrease in number, a foot soldier's activity will increase.
    Moreover, a vehicle will become somewhat rare if the number of the vehicles under game decreases.
    The situation where "all the members are operating the vehicle" will be lost.

If the vehicle under game decreases, the presence of each vehicle will become strong.
    And, you will feel fear, when you meet with an enemy's vehicle.

I want you to use this Mutator at an online play.
    I am glad when the player which hates a vehicle plays Warfare and VCTF by this Mutator.

This is the game held using this Mutator.

6.Screenshot:There is nothing.

7.Credits: Mr.CaptainSnarf.I used the script written by him.
    8.Homepage: http://crasher.orz.hm/ut3/
    However, this is a Japanese page.
    A translation site is required.

9.Download: http://crasher.orz.hm/ut3/VehicleRes...henerBETA1.zip

I noticed.
    The following texts are written to Forum Rules.
    "You MUST choose a relevent message icon for a new thread. Not choosing one may result in a warning and your thread being removed."
    However, I did not find the method of selecting the icon.

What should I do in order to set the icon of this thread to this?

Comment

Originally posted by NakajimaYusuke View Post
      I noticed.
      The following texts are written to Forum Rules.
      "You MUST choose a relevent message icon for a new thread. Not choosing one may result in a warning and your thread being removed."
      However, I did not find the method of selecting the icon.

What should I do in order to set the icon of this thread to this?
      The custom thread icons are disabled just yet. The admins are not ready to fixed those icons, if possible.

Comment

This is indeed a great idea to reduce the spammy-ness in public matches. Me and some others had this idea like a year ago.
        I created a basic Proof-of-concept code and it worked flawlessly.

Sorry. I wasn't aware of your thread:
        Mutator request "vehicle respawn interval lengthener"
        I would have replied to that thread.

By looking at your code, you did the effect by replacing the specific vehicle of a VehicleFactory with your custom created vehicle classes. There are many problem doing so. The important ones were:
        • You're breaking compatibility to mods using own custom created vehicles based on the stock vehicles.
        • Every vehicle has to be hard coded.

Besides that, you could have used a base class for the vehicle replacment and use a class variable which sets the suffix to each base class for a vehicle - e.g. for Level 1 the suffix would be "Lv1". Base class name "VRIL_C.VRILManta". You can just concenate both strings and load the vehicle dynamically. This would simplify the code (all your 3 mutator are the same except the config class). ANother solution would be to create a config loader, and set profiles to each Level (this is bar far the best solutuion).

--------------------------

As you may have read a snippet from TKBS' quote from the thread Pickup replacer, the mutator i wrote is called FairSpawnTme (or at least it is the working title)

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
        @ RattleSN4k3 @ Nick.G; it might be beneficial to include a more in depth explanation [read me] with these and similar mutators.
        - given that for users it is clearly more difficult than the average mutator

-an example @ RS = [fair spawn time]-i remember having the same 'confusion' issues with this.
        [...]
        That mutator has not got published publicly so i never intended to create a fully customizable and user friendly interface to change settings and such. I might find some time to work on that mutator again so i'll be able to release it. There are many TODOs on that mutator. That mutator works different than yours as it does not change the vehicle class nor uses hardcoded vehicles. It just uses a value of the UTVehicleFactory to "scale" the respawn time.
        This mutator is map based. The respawn of a vehicle will be adjusted based on the healthpoints of a vehicle - the higher the HP the longer you have to wait for a new vehicle (this depends heavily on the settings; you're able to use a basis of 135 seconds for a Hellbender but every vehicle which has a lower health than the Bender, get respawned quicker than 135 seconds, all the more armored vehicles than the bender will have a lower respawn frequency (=more time)).

It's basically the same intention as your mutator. May have a try.
        Download:
        FairSpawnTime_v0.2_bin_config_sample.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?19m8dnkmjgti9d7)
        There is no good documentation for this mutator because it's just a PoC and there is/was no public release. The config file has a partial doc.
        @the ones who have access the some partial documentation, please don't publish it as it's neither correct, completed nor polished in any ways.

The main reason why it is not an oublic release because of the buggy-ness (or should i called it lack of function).
        • Not able to specify vehicles to be ignored
          (e.g. the Leviathan whould spawn like mininum 10 to 40 times the configured base repawn time which will result into like 300s to max 1800s (30min which is by far beyond the average game length just to spawn 1 Levi)
        • no configurable menu to adjust settings
        • The flag of KeyVehicle is ignored.
        • Different behaviour in different gametypes
        • ... any many more unwanted tings

PS:
        What's your progress in this?
        Originally posted by NakajimaYusuke View Post
        [...] Because, I'm making a weapon "SpiderMine AvriL" for UT3. [...] If I completed my mutator, I want to open it to the public in My web page and Epic forum.
        I ported the original UT2004 Mine Layer to UT3. Generally, there is no interest for me to relase it. Any interest? I might release it.

PPS: Nice site and a good overview of common mods/muts/tools for UT3. Too sad it's japanese only

Comment

Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
          The custom thread icons are disabled just yet. The admins are not ready to fixed those icons, if possible.
          Thank you.
          I understood.

Comment

Thank you for much helpful advice.
            However, I am a real novice about the scripting.
            I cannot understand most of the structure or meaning of a script.

I can rewrite the number and classes in a script.
            My scripting skill is only this now.

Your advice will be very helpful if I study more.
            I will refer to this advice in the future.
            Thank you!

And I downloaded your Mutator.
            This is Mutator which I desire exactly!

This Mutator can also adjust Spawntime of ModdedVehicles.
            Furthermore, this has a lot of functions more flexible than Mutator which I made.
            This is wonderful.

I expect completion of this Mutator.

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            What's your progress in this?

I ported the original UT2004 Mine Layer to UT3. Generally, there is no interest for me to relase it. Any interest? I might release it.

I stopped the project.
            This is because ONS2.0 was announced.
            http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...wnload-5-02-09
            Mine Layer Gun contained in this was the arms which I desire.

Did you also port this weapon?

Of course, I am interested in it.
            I will be glad if you release.

Comment

Working...
            X