CTF-Faceless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta be kidding me eh.
    Blehhh why does it work on my behalf then.. weird..

Anyone else having trouble with the new link?

Comment

You can open it because you have the referenced materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
        You can open it because you have the referenced materials.
        ... sure

Comment

It was meant as a response to Darkness' last post.
          He has the (accidentally) referenced materials while we don't have them. I gave it a try, same here.

Comment

It was meant as a response to Darkness' last post after mine.
            He has the (accidentally) referenced materials while we don't have them. I gave it a try, same here.
            ...euh.....mine was just a confirmation to him that i think the same as you on this....and that of course HE can open it...lol.....i probably used wrong words but bah.....herbtea time!

how the hell could i took it like a response to me as i dont have the referenced materials? ...and still cant play the map....hm?...+.+ ...haha

Comment

I wanted to try the map but I'll wait for the next release since it seem to be a prob reading the previous comments.

It look like a cool map. I like how the materials look. Simple & techy Perhaps I will be able to suggest something when the next release will be available Will advertise your map on my site as soon as you have a working version

Therefore, a suggestion I can give is to use a proper file name, alpha XX, beta XX, etc or else it's a pain to "try" to follow a project dev. Look at my info to understand the officials ways of publishing something

Comment

Other than that reusing the same filename will easily cause version mismatch when you publish it to the public. However, I think if it was a closed beta that would be no real deal as it won't be put on a server anyway. But then again, naming it B1, B2, B3 makes it easier to recognize which file is the latest.

@Blitz: That priceless/awkward moment when one is that tired at 1AM when posting a comment that one doesn't even remember posting the post - which is then in most cases totally ununderstandable. That's like "Luke, I am your post!", you: "No, it can't be!". At least I didn't write in gibberish. lol

Comment

Other than that reusing the same filename will easily cause version mismatch when you publish it to the public. However, I think if it was a closed beta that would be no real deal as it won't be put on a server anyway. But then again, naming it B1, B2, B3 makes it easier to recognize which file is the latest.

@Blitz: That priceless/awkward moment when one is that tired at 1AM when posting a comment that one doesn't even remember posting the post - which is then in most cases totally ununderstandable. That's like "Luke, I am your post!", you: "No, it can't be!". At least I didn't write in gibberish. lol
                  Ty Sly and Stevelois.

So, for the good order, Do I need to re-save the unpublished file as a different name like: CTF_Faceless_BetaV1 , then recook it and distribute it?

Comment

Yep.

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
                    So, for the good order, Do I need to re-save the unpublished file as a different name like: CTF_Faceless_BetaV1 , then recook it and distribute it?
                    I would take that as a 'yes'. Try it mate, make sure that the custom contents are here, and don't take the UT3 on all of us crashing. You'll need to add the '_Beta' suffix first before this map goes final soon. Tell me if I'm wrong, IMHO.

Cordially,
                    Tux Android

Comment

It's quite common in the mapping scene to either put _Alpha# (if alpha state/no real beta, # for the version number, important: DO NOT USE DOTS!), _Beta# and in some cases mappers even use _Final (in some cases _Final# if there are several versions) at the end of the mapname for their releases. The final is not really necessary though, unless the original "final" (that should be the "original mapname" without any suffix) was seen as "unworthy"/incomplete/buggy, but was already released as such and had to be edited afterwards, thus changing the file. Releasing it under the same name will have the risk of a version mismatch if it was put on a server by an admin for example. Then they either add a _V# (for version #) at the end of the mapname or (if this shall really be the last edit of the map) use _Final. However, I recommend to really let your maps be tested a lot and for a certain period of time (like 2 weeks for example) before you go final, that way people will more likely spot the remaining bugs. If you consider a release already a final release but want people to check it for bugs, it's common to call it a "Release Candidate". In some cases there are several versions of a RC (suffix is _RC#), but I have rarely seen stuff exceed the 1.

RCs are especially important when working with BSP!
                      Because after changing the last stuff in the BSP architecture of your "last planned beta"/when you are working on the final version which you want to keep as such, it might be that after rebuild BSP-errors could pop up!
                      That means, you could think "I did the changes, nothing to worry about now", but in fact there is now a blocked off corridor because there is an invisible wall, the result of a BSP-error - which can make the map unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
                        ...So, for the good order, Do I need to re-save the unpublished file as a different name like: CTF_Faceless_BetaV1 , then recook it and distribute it?
                        Yep m8, I would do that for sure

Make sure everything is inside the map. Avoid external packake at all cost m8.

Comment

Bump, still working to get this working :P. Had no time to fix this map
                          Will do asap!

Comment

No luck so far. There is still a broken reference somewhere that causes the map to crash everytime. *sigh*
                            Cleaning BSP materials did not work.

I will do big and redo all textures again when I feel like destroying my whole day.

This thread is = until then.

Comment

Darkness - can you upload the Log file?
                              - if you can ill take a look; if you wanna upload your unpublished stuff aswel then crack on

-p.s. - It is not all bad - as long as you keep regular back up files
                              - sometimes it is good to not name your map until the very end, then youu can always called the last published file whatever you like.
                              - i had to re-install UT3 for the 43rd time the other day; then, when i loaded my map it gave me a runtime error;lost 12 days
                              - ut3 sux lol

Comment

Found errors!

Reference textures/cached shader map from DM-Egress is missing, this is a cause of UT3 crash, probably posted in the WIP section mate.

Here's the issue:

Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 236.87 MByte (248373248 Bytes)
                                Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material BlackFloorTrim_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_ArmorTile_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_BlueLight_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_BlueTileBase_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_DoorTileBlackBlue_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_DoorTileBlackRed_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_HealthTile_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_MoreThenBlackTrim_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_RedLight_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material Egress_YellowLight_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressBlackWall_ForeverClanEmbossed_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressBlackWall_ForeverDevil_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressBlackWall_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressBrownBrick_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressBrownFloorTrim_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressRedBrick_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressWallTrim1_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressWallTrim_ArrowBlue_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressWallTrim_ArrowRed_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material EgressWhiteLight_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material GreyBlueTile_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material GreyOrange_Tile1_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material GreyRedTile_Mat
                                Log: Missing cached shader map for material GreyWhiteTile_Mat
                                Critical: appError called:
                                Critical: Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
                                Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find DM-Egress]
                                Stack:
                                Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                                Log: === Critical error: ===
                                Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
                                Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find DM-Egress]
                                Stack:

Comment

Working...
                                X