Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Faceless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF-Faceless

Name: CTF-Faceless
    Version: Beta
    Compatibility: PC / Working PS3 version but with blackbox glitch! due to a non fixable cooking version.
    By distributing the alpha version I would kindly request a working PS3 version. Feedback from PS3 still wanted!

Playercount: 6 - 12
    Textures: Everything custom made by myself.

DOWNLOAD PC+PS3 RAR file

Is the PC version working?
    At UOF I hear that the PC version cant start.

At my behalf its working tho. Hmm.

I apologize for the inconvenience in advance.
    Please download and let me know if its working yes or no.

Comment

This map looks like Tetris style (or HOLP actually, IIRC), but my UT3 is crashing also for running this map. Checked this through UnrealEd, worked, and has missing texture references (the textures are entirely default), or it has something wrong with the LightMapTexture.

Comment

Thnx for testing Tux.

Yea already figured that out.
        Meh, those two references are not in my CTF-Faceless package anymore.
        Its referenced by an external package called UTTechpackage.upk.

But I replaced all of the references with new materials imported to the new package.
        But are there still references set to brushes inside my map? Bluh.
        How to remove dat?

Comment

Maybe try doing full rebuild of the map, then go to Tools -> Clean BSP Materials. As far as I remember, this is highly recomended.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayrack View Post
            Maybe try doing full rebuild of the map, then go to Tools -> Clean BSP Materials. As far as I remember, this is highly recomended.
            Thanks for that tip Will try it out.

Comment

* I had the same issues; open in editor I saw no textures.
              * you still have that same geometry aswel; where the ramps are not the correct size; thus even though i saw no textures i know they will not be aligned.
              * Post processing is needed.

- if the map is only BSP and uses square textures - i cannot stress how important it is to fix the geometry/ or tiling or scaling- or even bump offset ur textures with a few shaders for where its needed.

Comment

Its not if I open the editor then I see no textures.. and its neither a BSP issue lol.. I have blocking volumes set up around my BSP so everything runs smooth.
                Did you read the story? ..

I have overwritten the blank materials caused by dead references (coming from another package) with other materials in my mappackage so far,
                but he still gives the error that two external references are not found in the map.

This is what I learned from Sjosz:

"External reference error means that the material is referencing assets (texture, normal map, any of the elements comprising the material) from another package. Usually this doesn't really have to give off errors, but seeing as it may reference from a 'mylevel' type package, it'll cause problems.

The way to fix this is to copy all your textures (red outline) first, save that as a package, and then duplicate the materials into the package and open the materials up to replace the texture references to the textures in the new package rather than the mylevel location
                "

My packagename is CTF-Faceless.. That might be the cause of all the problems.

Comment

Plus I did not use an bump offset since most brick textures are Chisel hard embossed creating the smart illusion of having a bump already.
                  An extra money and work saver

Comment

I have blocking volumes set up around my BSP so everything runs smooth.
                    That's really not necessary, because BSP has already a quite simple collision unless you have some complex constructions on walls, floors or something, but I don't see any on the screenshots?

Talking about that you can open it: This means you forgot to include a file or have references to said file - which you have so you can open it, but we don't so it crashes (probably, untypical but possible). I recommend to clean the BSP materials as TKBS suggested.

What TKBS said is that square textures get easily repetitive - especially without bumpmap! That's what I noticed on the screenshots, they definitely need bumpmaps, you should try out CrazyBump, you will find it referenced at UOF, shouldn't be hard to find. The results are great!

Now, what I would suggest would be some more details, there are some great example maps which you could take a look at, Itarion by stevelois (check the UOF mappack 3) for example and Galsteen by Mclogenog. I hope they will inspire you to make it more "whoa!".

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      That's really not necessary, because BSP has already a quite simple collision unless you have some complex constructions on walls, floors or something, but I don't see any on the screenshots?

Talking about that you can open it: This means you forgot to include a file or have references to said file - which you have so you can open it, but we don't so it crashes (probably, untypical but possible). I recommend to clean the BSP materials as TKBS suggested.

What TKBS said is that square textures get easily repetitive - especially without bumpmap! That's what I noticed on the screenshots, they definitely need bumpmaps, you should try out CrazyBump, you will find it referenced at UOF, shouldn't be hard to find. The results are great!

Now, what I would suggest would be some more details, there are some great example maps which you could take a look at, Itarion by stevelois (check the UOF mappack 3) for example and Galsteen by Mclogenog. I hope they will inspire you to make it more "whoa!".
                      What do you mean with details? I think I did not left out on this map haha.

Comment

Recooked the pc version and found working on my system.
                        Cleaning the BSP materials seems to have helped. Thanks Hay

Let me know if anything goes wrong.

Download link back in the first post!

Comment

Well, by details I mean something like missing blocks here and there, some broken ceilings, pillars on walls (walls look a bit flat yet) and you have to realign the slopes to match the walls!
                          Will give it a try later today or tomorrow, short on time.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the same thing man at first. I didnt want to put too much detail into it at first for the sake of the beta, because I also dont have any specific blocking volumes set up for smaller things cut out my walls. but ill keep that in mind for the alpha

Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Comment

yo bro, just dowloaded it from the new link and unfortunatly it still crashing here .... ....

Comment

Working...
                              X