Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Pickup Replacer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some ideas I was working on, but lost focus and interest. One thing I was working on was wildcard pickups like in UT2K4 which could be configured like the locker sets can be in this mutator. I tried again to add a generic spawnable pickup base for those custom inventories this morning. I've given up after so many casting and type mismatch errors when attempting to get a UTInventory class or UTPickupInventory class directly from a name or string from my config array and also failed when trying to get the InventoryType variable from a specified Pickup class. I don't know why I am having so much trouble with this one, getting that variable from weapon or deployable classes seems to work...I have been out of this for a while. I stayed with removing/adding factories keeping the feature of being able to add factories to specified map coordinates anywhere. To be honest, I still think vehicle adder / replacer should be separate mutator. It is not like we can only run one of them at a time.

Comment

It would be more comfortable to work with if you don't have to use custom class in my opinion. But sadly, bStatic and bNoDelete are set const so you only have to go the hacky way.

Comment

You've enthused me to keep at it and I was bored. I've adopted/adapted your Udamage to Jetpack inventory swap of late, spawning a !bnodelete !bstatic pickup then replacing the inventory in my replacer and at least have tested the initial spawn of the pickup ok with the Jetpack inventory. Thanks, Maybe I can improve this mutator yet.

Comment

It did a quick test with an approach I did earlier using a Template when Spawning the Actor. It did not work best. However, this time I tried something different but quite the same technique.

Code:
          function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other)
          {
              local bool bSwap;
              if (UTPickupFactory_UDamage(Other) != none)
              {
                  // maybe more to disable the pickup
                  UTPickupFactory_UDamage(Other).DisablePickup();
                  UTPickupFactory_UDamage(Other).SetHidden(true);
                  UTPickupFactory_UDamage(Other).SetPickupHidden();

// maybe set ReplacementFactory of the pickup
                  //...

bSwap = WorldInfo.bBegunPlay;
                  WorldInfo.bBegunPlay = false;
                  Spawn(class'UTPickupFactory_Berserk', Other.Owner,, Other.Location, Other.Rotation,, true );
                  WorldInfo.bBegunPlay = bSwap;
              }
              return true;
          }
          This wold allow spawning a static/NoDelete class.

Comment

Hi, I have added this mutator to my server.
            There is no problems in it's behavior. It worked in the same way as instant action.

However, I have a only one unhappy points.

This mutator can not specify the "respawn delay".
            All weapons and items are spawning on a map from the match beginning.
            This behavior is also same about redeemr or orher super items. This is not good in certain maps.
            As an example, when I replaced the redeemer to customized redeemer, terrible nuclear war occurs in the map such as the DM-morbius...

I don't want "several powerful weapons and items" to spawn at the match starts.
            If there is a function to adjust the "respawn delay time" of the each replaced items or custom weapon lockers,
            it would be better.

Or, I'm happy if each replaced items are configurable to "impossible to share" like redeemer and super items.
            "When someone pick up the item, the item will disappear from the map."
            I think that it is great if there is such option.

Thank you.

Comment

You can use PickupRespawnTweak. However, the current version doesn't support adjusting the respawn time specifically. Version 1.1 isn't published yet.

Comment

Hi, I added this function to one of my later builds and thought I had already uploaded it here. I will see if I still have it after migrating to many HDD's since then.
                EDIT: version in post #29 of this thread has the retiming functions added, configurable via .ini, and this does indeed affect the initial spawn time as well, if I recall correctly.
                This one also has the customize-able lockers. I did not finish working on wildcards and this also does not have any destroy-after-pickup to remove the pickup rather than replace after pickup as one of my wildcard pickups plans could eventually do.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. You guys are heroes of UT3MOD.

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  Hi, I added this function to one of my later builds and thought I had already uploaded it here. I will see if I still have it after migrating to many HDD's since then.
                  EDIT: version in post #29 of this thread has the retiming functions added, configurable via .ini, and this does indeed affect the initial spawn time as well, if I recall correctly.
                  This one also has the customize-able lockers. I did not finish working on wildcards and this also does not have any destroy-after-pickup to remove the pickup rather than replace after pickup as one of my wildcard pickups plans could eventually do.
                  I confirmed the version which # 29 of this thread.
                  But, the version can't adjust "initial respawn time".
                  And, this version is working on my server now.

There is "RetimedSpawn=xxx" option in the ini.
                  But, it does not seem to affect the "initial spawn time."
                  It is functioning as only "pickup respawn interval."

Regardless of the value of RetimedSpawn, most of the items and custom weapon lockers are spawning in the map from the match beginning.

If you're planning update of this mutator in the future, please add the initial spawn time tweak function.
                  I think this mutator is longtime dream of custom weapon collectors.

I have replaced most of the pickup on the map to custom weapon locker.
                  Each custom weapon locker stores my favorite MOD weapon collections.
                  I want to adjust the "initial spawn time" for each custom weapon locker individually.
                  Sorry for my unreasonable request.

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                  You can use PickupRespawnTweak. However, the current version doesn't support adjusting the respawn time specifically. Version 1.1 isn't published yet.
                  Hi, I am grateful to a lot of your work.
                  I tried the version 1.0.5.
                  However, this mutator also seem unable to adjust the "initial spawn time".
                  It is enabled only to "respawn interval of pickup".
                  I'm looking forward to the next update.

Comment

Does this Replacer support Newly created Pickups? I have a few I created and can't seem to get this to work with them! Do I need a UTUIDataProvider entry for them?

Comment

Let me know the few or download the few and I may be able to entertain your discourse.

Comment

Yes here are the Pickups I am trying to get to work! Auto Armor, Auto Regen, Nano Virus, and Deported! https://s3.amazonaws.com/unrealmaps/CustomPickups.rar
                        I was hoping to get the latest source so I could incorporate these into the Mutator and possible some new ones!

Comment

Originally posted by magicman2u View Post
                          Yes here are the Pickups I am trying to get to work! Auto Armor, Auto Regen, Nano Virus, and Deported! https://s3.amazonaws.com/unrealmaps/CustomPickups.rar
                          I was hoping to get the latest source so I could incorporate these into the Mutator and possible some new ones!
                          I tested offline with some Deck specific entries in my UTSuperDuperPickupSwitcher.ini and all four pickups spawned and worked as-is.

example:

[SDPS.SuperDuperPickupSwitcher]
                          ReplaceThisStuff=(RetimedSpawn=16,OldClassName="UT Weap_Redeemer_Content",NewClassPath="MP_NanoVirus. MP_NanoVirus",MapName="DM-Deck")
                          ReplaceThisStuff=(RetimedSpawn=30,OldClassName="UT ArmorPickup_ShieldBelt",NewClassPath="MP_Pickups.M P_AutoArmor",MapName="DM-Deck")
                          ReplaceThisStuff=(RetimedSpawn=16,OldClassName="UT PickupFactory_MediumHealth",NewClassPath="MP_Picku ps.MP_AutoReGen",MapName="DM-Deck")
                          ReplaceThisStuff=(RetimedSpawn=14,OldClassName="UT Weap_SniperRifle",NewClassPath="MP_Pickups.MP_DePo rted",MapName="DM-Deck")

ensure you have no conflicting entries. For example if using my latest default ini, you would rem this one before copying the four lines for your test
                          ;;ReplaceThisStuff=(RetimedSpawn=16,OldClassName=" UTWeap_Redeemer_Content",NewClassPath="Jetpack.Jet pack_Inventory",MapName="DM-Deck")

link to latest source

Nice pickups, BTW.

Comment

Working...
                          X