Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Megane (Now final!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    Steve, I put more feedback about light treatment not relevant but it can be done more realistically, here is it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8o3b42p0bil8x11

See ya!
    THX, will look into that

EDIT

- The blue lighting you point out near the flak is already there but use a low brightness so I increase the light brightness so it is more visible.
    - The shadows on the brick wall behind the fire thing aren't very noticeable because the fire thing don't cast enough shadows du to is size. The mesh is a tad bigger now & the shadows rez higher so you can see a very nice, smooth shadows behind it.
    - The corridor that lead to the belt lift won't have any additional light, it is intended that way & only to use some ambient light which is already there. Therefore, the light brightness from the lift as twice the brightness now.

THX m8

Comment

I intent to release the final next Friday, May 4th. I judge that 2 weeks for a pre-final is enough.

Hope that everyone who as comments in the dev will give me their feedback, after all, it was much more than 4 persons...

THX in advance

Comment

well...i was going to wait the final to post some congratz (i wasnt sure u wanted to hear some feedback from ur UOF mates as u didnt post anything there about this map) but as u ask for more feedback i ll share 2 or 3 ideas (more related to personal tastes than to real problems):
        -it was also mentionned, i found this BV not enough "visible" , it gives the feeling that u can go there...before crashing ur nose on some invisible glass...lol^^

-the fans are weird to me, in factories theses kind of fans are used to drive air from a room to a tube line or vice-versa but urs are looking like if they are linked to a tube but the tubes are "closed", if u intend to use big fans just to moove air around something to refresh it with no tubing and no air flux the fans are less "enboxed"....as they are now they are useless imo (from a realistic side )

-this part of the "build" immediatly catched my attention "oh what a nice tank!....but wait wtf are thoses windows doing here????" all that tubing going in a curved room doesnt make sence imo

here about visuals bad side....for the rest...time to tell that it s one of ur best map , i really dig meshing, texturing and more than all the lighting with that ambiant darkness, reminds me several top maps like malevolence, insidious or metus in a closed semi-industrial environement with a central part open on an external view....the ruined structure add a scaring feeling to the layout....nice

about layout except what i mentionned in first pict i didnt feel embarrased by ur BVs in any direction ...i wasnt even tempted to try to go there so it was clear that it was "blocked"
        agree with TKB5 about the weird feeling of the health pickup while landing after using the jumppad....dont ask me why... i dunno myself...i was just awaiting something more important there to be grabed + i m not sure i want to expose myself in the air if i try to recover some health...i mean the place is so exposed that u re quite sure to loose the health u ve grabbed there...= useless jumppadding travel...lol...imo perhaps something that worth more the risk there can be a good idea...personnal feeling of course
        for the rest i like a lot the gameplay of the place, tbh i find the map a lil too big (and with a lil overmeshed feeling ) to me but my son will contradict me here....he find it perfectly addapted to his crazy sniper tastes
        on a pure artistic side it s nice and very well done, keep it up cousin

Comment

Excellent Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
            well...i was going to wait the final to post some congratz (i wasnt sure u wanted to hear some feedback from ur UOF mates as u didnt post anything there about this map) but as u ask for more feedback i ll share 2 or 3 ideas (more related to personal tastes than to real problems):
            -it was also mentionned, i found this BV not enough "visible" , it gives the feeling that u can go there...before crashing ur nose on some invisible glass...lol^^

-the fans are weird to me, in factories theses kind of fans are used to drive air from a room to a tube line or vice-versa but urs are looking like if they are linked to a tube but the tubes are "closed", if u intend to use big fans just to moove air around something to refresh it with no tubing and no air flux the fans are less "enboxed"....as they are now they are useless imo (from a realistic side )

-this part of the "build" immediatly catched my attention "oh what a nice tank!....but wait wtf are thoses windows doing here????" all that tubing going in a curved room doesnt make sence imo

here about visuals bad side....for the rest...time to tell that it s one of ur best map , i really dig meshing, texturing and more than all the lighting with that ambiant darkness, reminds me several top maps like malevolence, insidious or metus in a closed semi-industrial environement with a central part open on an external view....the ruined structure add a scaring feeling to the layout....nice

about layout except what i mentionned in first pict i didnt feel embarrased by ur BVs in any direction ...i wasnt even tempted to try to go there so it was clear that it was "blocked"
            agree with TKB5 about the weird feeling of the health pickup while landing after using the jumppad....dont ask me why... i dunno myself...i was just awaiting something more important there to be grabed + i m not sure i want to expose myself in the air if i try to recover some health...i mean the place is so exposed that u re quite sure to loose the health u ve grabbed there...= useless jumppadding travel...lol...imo perhaps something that worth more the risk there can be a good idea...personnal feeling of course
            for the rest i like a lot the gameplay of the place, tbh i find the map a lil too big (and with a lil overmeshed feeling ) to me but my son will contradict me here....he find it perfectly addapted to his crazy sniper tastes
            Woow what a sentence bro ;p haha.
            We dutchies are confused ;p

Comment

Originally posted by LordBret View Post
              Excellent Work
              THX

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
              Well my couzin, I didn't post this map on UOF & neither BU because I didn't feel the needs to create 3 threads for a map that I already consider 95% done & I know that UOF teams are here too & that everyone would give me your excellent feedback as always. It's nothing personal bro or against the team & since this is a standalone map, I preferred to release it on 1 place only by choosing the most crowded one.

Added some bars. Fixed.

Yeah, I know what you mean, so I'll opened the vent hole to the top. It add a bit more lighting & look prettier that way.

I already saw some kind of silo with windows & pipes when I was living "à la campagne" lol. It exist my friend & beside, I love the mesh mix so I won't change that.

THX couzin for your honest feeling & great feedback, much appreciated & I'm happy the younger have fun popping heads out LOL !

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
              Woow what a sentence bro ;p haha.
              We dutchies are confused ;p[/QU
              No worries m8, everything is clear to me (Frenchies connection lol...)

Comment

I've decide to release the final today

THX to the few testers who had take the time to test the map & provide me some feedback, I appreciate & your listed in the readme credits

Good day.

Comment

Working...
                X