Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Botanic (BETA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF-Botanic (BETA)

*Deleted as not relevant any more - see below*

CTF-Botanic (BETA)

This is my first release so I hope I do everything right:

Map name:
    Botanic

Map Type:
    Capture the Flag

Version:
    UT3 version 2.1 (with Titan pack installed) - recooked for the latest version.

Description:

A map that represents a laboratory style visual theme set in the future, where plants and vegetation are being grown and cultivated. An outside view of the map represents a smog filled urban cityscape to counter the visual sci-fi/botanical theme that is evident in this map. Hope you likeys - my first map on UE3, and 1st complete map...ever!!
    While it does cook and I can play in editor, I have been having issues playing it in UT3 and crashing but I reckon this is my set up.

Download link (PC only for now)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6060022/Bota...ic_LOC_int.zip

Screenshots:

This is my very first map that I built and completed so I hope you like it.
    If you run into a few issues please let me know and I will try to fix them.

Comment

WOW NICE
      Download now

Comment

Glad you like the look of it.

I just reinstalled ut3 and got it to work but some textures went missing so need to recook it.
        And now it won't cook again

Seems to be an issue related to what ever I have on my drives after the 1st cooking - I delete localshadercache and globalpersistentcookerdata so god only knows what is going on.....

Comment

Glad you like the look of it.

I just reinstalled ut3 and got it to work but some textures went missing so need to recook it.

Seems to be an issue related to what ever I have on my drives after the 1st cooking - I delete localshadercache and globalpersistentcookerdata so god only knows what is going on.....

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeC0nditi0nHD View Post
            WOW NICE
            Download now
            ...+1... impressive pictures

Comment

Thanks Blitz - see you are a regular mapper here.

Guys I got this thing recooking on a regular basis (or more regular) but I have noticed that a handful of textures are missing (and show the null material) and a few are also blacked out. Note this is related to where there are glass walls and no where else - it does not happen in textures that are not in the glass encased sections. And not all textures are missing where you are looking at them through the glass meshes (these meshes shipped with the game.

No errors get thrown up an it is the same ones every single time so what gives?

Comment

* Grab your; MyDocuments\MYGames\UT3\UTGame\ "PUBLISHED" folder

- Move it to Desktop, OR simply Rename it "TEMPPublished" - name is obv at your discretion.

- Go TO your My Computer section "C:drive" [or whatever drive your UT3 is in]

* My Computer\ C: Program FIles [or Progs 86 etc ] - Unreal Tournament 3 //
                * Binaries
                * UT Front End

- Cook the map from there

* put back any additional / extra backup folder files you want in your published *

[textures]
                * bit confused ; do you mean you open the material editor and your material expression "texturesample" is just black?
                - coz it will say in the material editor "missing texture".
                - if so; remake the material from scratch [as a new material/ not inside that existing error material]

** Chances are you have A Dirty lil shader

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic-len View Post

Welcome back for playing UT3 mate, just install the latest patch (2.1) but don't needed to install the previous ones, plus the Titan Pack (I hope you don't need that much). Well, this map is quite good indeed (only the screenies) and seems just like the word 'Botanic' a good word for a perfect gift of pure exotic being. Downloading, testing and making feedback in a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic-len View Post
                    Thanks Blitz - see you are a regular mapper here.

Guys I got this thing recooking on a regular basis (or more regular) but I have noticed that a handful of textures are missing (and show the null material) and a few are also blacked out. Note this is related to where there are glass walls and no where else - it does not happen in textures that are not in the glass encased sections. And not all textures are missing where you are looking at them through the glass meshes (these meshes shipped with the game.

No errors get thrown up an it is the same ones every single time so what gives?
                    Lookin good. Testin soon,

For the materials:
                    1. Are these custom materials?
                    Yes? Otherwise:

- Did you put the .upk file, which contains your custom textures used/made in the editor in the \Unpublished folder (before cooking the map) along with your map?
                    UnrealFrontend only cooks out of the \Unpublished folder.
                    If you have saved your package in another folder besides that, then I suggest you back up the file and copy paste it to the \Unpublished folder in your User friendly UT3 directory.

UnrealFrontend needs to cook the custom package first, then it will cook your map along with it.

If those are stock textures something must went wrong while cooking or saving.

Comment

Is the map on any of the redirect servers?

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                        * Grab your; MyDocuments\MYGames\UT3\UTGame\ "PUBLISHED" folder

- Move it to Desktop, OR simply Rename it "TEMPPublished" - name is obv at your discretion.

- Go TO your My Computer section "C:drive" [or whatever drive your UT3 is in]

* My Computer\ C: Program FIles [or Progs 86 etc ] - Unreal Tournament 3 //
                        * Binaries
                        * UT Front End

- Cook the map from there

* put back any additional / extra backup folder files you want in your published *

[textures]
                        * bit confused ; do you mean you open the material editor and your material expression "texturesample" is just black?
                        - coz it will say in the material editor "missing texture".
                        - if so; remake the material from scratch [as a new material/ not inside that existing error material]

** Chances are you have A Dirty lil shader
                        Hey TKBS.

Well it was actually stock textures that were giving me issues which was weird because they show up in the editor, but not in the final cooked version. I have cooked this map once before (the version you are playing was cooked from the original unpublished map file - I always do this) and seem to remember the same parts giving me problems. But I will cook once again as it may just be an error when cooking.

Does this happen a lot with cooking?

As for the custom textures, here is an issue that I know one guy from Starbreeze who was testing it out came across.

The red see through floor you see in the 1st screen shoot was created from a duplication of M_LT_Base_Glass_02 material found in LT-TexFX package. I used the same material to create a blue version of this material (one for red base, one for blue base, geddit)
                        He got a black texture here and when opening the material 2 texture sample > missing input texture warnings do appear. After searching through each material, it would seem a texture sample for T_UN_Cubemaps_City1_Envmap (Cubemap), and a texture sample for T_UN_Cubemaps_Nonlinearfalloff01 were both completely gone. In the texture box there was nowt there!!!

Here's another weird thing, I load it once and in the material editor, a null texture appears for one, and then for the other one the Red (or Blue looking M_LT_Base texture) DOES actually appear....but with what looks like some weird cloud, bubbly type effect which LOOKS like a cubemap, but there is no reference to it.

My immediate thoughts are 'Just recook it'....but I seem to remember this happening before - exactly the same.

So should I basically start a brand new material - copy the original texture samples to my desktop (as if they were my own) copy how they built the M_LT_Base_Glass_02 material to the letter (again as if it was my own from scratch) and then add the changes I made (which were only Material expression multiply to get the bluw/red effect in the first place!) - and then this approach should ensure that UT3 Editor decides that it's OK to cook it properly this way, because it will deem it as a new texture?

On the other hand, the issues I have are with the following textures where for me, I get either a null reference, or a black texture that shows and reflects nothing:
                        1) M_UN_Terrain_Grass_01_Tilebreaker_Fallback - doesn't appear null everywhere - just in most of the places used (but not all......which is WEIRD) - used inside glass cases where there is vegetation in the Blue bases (like the 2 glass cases you see in the left hand side of the 3rd screenshot.
                        2) M_UN_Terrain_Grass_03_Fallback - doesn't appear null everywhere - just in most of the places used (again: WEIRD) - used inside glass cases where there is vegetation in the Red bases (middle right hand side 1st screen shot - can only just about see the case in question up the escalator).

*Note with the above I suspect it could be I am using a fallback texture - are these meant ONLY for terrains themselves as I have 8 mini terrains in this map to make up terrains for some of the glass cases (adding volume and believeability to parts of the map and the ground - see screenshot 7). So would this be the same as above - copy the main textures and then create my own materials from them? Where can I get a tutorial on what all the different aspects and what I need to manipulate in the material editor to get the effect that I need?)

3) M_LT_Base_ BSP_Glow_Tubes_Bubbles_Fallback - again could be as above. I have seen somewhere that Fallback textures are not full materials which would totally explain why they would not render.
                        Thing is - in some parts of the map, this textures DOES render out as expected! Anyway if this is a problem I can just use the more straightforward bluw glow tueb material which would solve that issue.

And that is it - some props are giving me issues but I will answer again these later in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by WishfulThinking View Post
                          Is the map on any of the redirect servers?
                          Not sure what we mean by redirect servers? The map is still Beta and needs issues fixed before people can use it on servers but hopefully I can get this sorted out in the next week.

Comment

Another issue I get guys is that a few props let you run over them one way but not the other - such as the 3rd image, you may notice that there is a circular walkway above the orange glass case containing the tree. A prop/mesh called S_LT_Floors_SM_Walkpipe08 does this but only in one part and it is used 4 times. I put blisking vols around all of them but to no avail- it isn't off in the top or side views. And I have deleted it only to put it back in. I get the same issue with the steps next to the blue flag in the blue base (iif you have tested you will know what I mean).

Can anyone provide insight?

Comment

Last but not least - any of you guys play it? Have you nay feedback on other bugs found, how it plays, issues that could be corrected? Weapon placements OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X