• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by carlos_killar View Post
    okay the other one was cooked can we get a ps3 version of the addon content
    Assassins Addon: Beacon PS3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6qoajbivyvaxb0t

Works very well on PS3 with the GT download on the 1st post. A lot easier to play this GT, a really great addition. Thx VendorX and RattleSN4K3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New 2.20 version with map support (CTF, VCTF, WAR) and basic vehicle support for AI - will be fixed in the next version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    okay the other one was cooked can we get a ps3 version of the addon content

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Assassins Addon: Beacon
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/au2ppk...eacon_v0.1.zip

PS: I can't stand these insults anymore.
    That's perfect! Thank you very much!

PS: I'm sorry that the whole discussion got out of control, I just thought that this addition would be nice. And indeed, the gametype works great now, it's much more fun. So, thanks for your effort!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by TourianTourist View Post
    - Add a beacon to your prey or make them stand out in some other way. Right now you have to constantly read the player names, which is rather annoying...
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/au2ppk...eacon_v0.1.zip

PS: I can't stand these insults anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VendorX View Post
    @TourianTourist: Are you f*** retarded..? END OF STORY was for you and your "brilliant" idea - just move on and please don't cry anymore.
    Again you just keep insulting me for trying to help you. I wasn't crying, YOU asked for suggestions, so I thought I could check your little mod out and help. I was just trying to help. Im sorry, but I doubt you have fully read or even understood, what I was trying to suggest. And if you're deaf to suggestions, then don't ask for any. And you definitely shouldn't insult people here, just because they don't like the mod as it is. Just release the mod and be happy with yourself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TourianTourist: Are you f*** retarded..? END OF STORY was for you and your "brilliant" idea - just move on and please don't cry anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Enough... You like it or not it's your business - mod stay as it is, END OF STORY.
    Don't ask for suggestions then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Enough... You like it or not it's your business - mod stay as it is, END OF STORY.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well... For me difference between mine "No offence..." and your "WTF?..." is BIG.
    Writing "no offense" before insulting someone, doesn't make it better.

If you have problem with "Who is Who" then how you playing in TeamGames?
    In Unreal Tournament this is easy, since every teammate has the same color as you. Shoot everything with a different color. If you're in the red team, fight the blue guys. Simple as that. I don't have to remember that "Worg" or "Kana" are part of the opposing team, I just shoot the enemy color.

There is no such indication in Assassins, there everyone looks the same and you have to focus on the player names, which is really annoying in a fast game like UT. You could just give your target a red skin, would be as good as the overlay/tag/beacon idea.

Again with "beacon" I don't mean a radar that constantly tells you your targets position, it's just something that helps you distinguishing your target from the other five Demo Guys running around. Like an arrow above his head. So, a red skin would be as good, if this is easier for you to make.

Poll: Start new thread, in Additional Options go to Post a Poll... Explain what is the purpose of this poll and people will vote. Let say, after one month w'll see what others think about your idea - "beacon". You can handle this..?
    Ah, you meant POLL. Originally you said "pool" (with two Os) as in get enough people here in this thread to support me, which would be impossible.... And no, I won't do this. I've already done enough by downloading your mod, testing it thoroughly and making some suggestions to help you. If you don't like them, don't implement them, it's your mod. I'm done here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TourianTourist View Post
    I'm sorry, but your attitude isn't really any better.
    Well... For me difference between mine "No offence..." and your "WTF?..." is BIG. If you have problem with "Who is Who" then how you playing in TeamGames?
    Anyways, this is not a point...

Poll: Start new thread, in Additional Options go to Post a Poll... Explain what is the purpose of this poll and people will vote. Let say, after one month w'll see what others think about your idea - "beacon". You can handle this..?

I can't add every modifications each time when someone asking, because maybe someone else can be against. You know already my position, but if people will want add this beacon then OK - already have some ideas "how to make everyone happy"...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TourianTourist: With this attitude you will gain nothing...
    I'm sorry, but your attitude isn't really any better. Also, I'm not trying to gain anything, you were asking for suggestions and I just tried to help. So I downloaded your gametype and played it for a while. I thought it was hard to focus on who is who. If you only use default skins for performance reasons it's even harder to distinguish your enemies. So, I thought it would be useful to have an overlay or tag above the players' heads to show who is your target and who is your hunter. Similar to Betrayal, where this is really fun. Unless you really think that being puzzled about your target is an essential part of the gameplay, then I don't see how this would break anything. The gameplay would benefit a lot from it and the action could run more smoothly.

Besides you're only one here who want this "beacon" - make a pool to see if others share your opinion.
    Well, next to carlos_killer I'm the only one around here making suggestions... how am I supposed to make a pool? If you think it's such a bad idea, then don't implement it. Or just make it optional.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TourianTourist: With this attitude you will gain nothing... Besides you're only one here who want this "beacon" - make a poll to see if others share your opinion. I think, this will kill gameplay - but this is me... Anyways, if majority will approve that idea i will update this mod.

@carlos_killar: Thanks for new idea - shouldn't be a problem, will see...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    could you also make capture the flag maps support most of my favorite maps are capture the flag nice gametype

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TourianTourist: No offence, but gameplay is based on memorising play mates - with something like beacon there is no point to play because you will never miss your Target (and become Looney...). If you really need need this, you can use wallhack - i'm pretty sure that on multi every one is using this noobish hack stuff. In this days not many true players left... Sad...
    WTF? Wallhack? What are you talking about? I guess you're misunderstanding what I meant with "beacon". It's more like a tag above the head of your target. Nothing you can see through walls. Just using colored names would be fine.

I already said it should work like in Betrayal. Have you played Betrayal? It's part of the Titan Pack. There every player has a "beacon" / "tag" above their head showing their score. Players with a red score are your targets, players with a green score are hunting you and should be avoided. These tags are line of sight only, you can't see them through walls. Nothing of this is "noobish hack stuff" or cheating. (Thanks for insulting me, just because I suggested a feature from an OFFICIAL gametype, which shares similarities to yours. Seriously... -.-)

Without these tags it's too confusing, which makes your gametype less enjoyable. A lot actually, I wouldn't want to keep playing it if I had to focus on tiny player names all the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X