Assassins for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    @Tux Android: Thanks for mirror link - haven't notice that FilePlanet is on closure. If you don't mind, i will put your link on first page.

@TourianTourist: No offence, but gameplay is based on memorising play mates - with something like beacon there is no point to play because you will never miss your Target (and become Looney...). If you really need need this, you can use wallhack - i'm pretty sure that on multi every one is using this noobish hack stuff. In this days not many true players left... Sad...

As for other suggestions, next week i will update this mod.

Thanks for feedback and i'm glad you guys like it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FilePlanet closing time, mirror for this mutator on PC:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53750380/Use...3Assassins.rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VendorX View Post
    1. No problem, but this is Deathmatch-like gameplay - i've thought that was not necessarily...
    2. Beacon..? Will be too easy - maybe for Normal or Easy game mode...
    3. This mod was one day work...

Thanks for suggestions.
    For one day work this is pretty impressive. My suggestions aimed at making the mod perfect.

About the beacon (or something else that makes your target stand out). It wouldn't make it easier, just less annoying. Right now you have to constantly read player names, which distracts you too much from the actual gameplay. The beacon would be just a help for identifying your target. Like in Betrayal, there you have to hunt players with a red beacon and hide from players with a green beacon, while your teammates are colored blue. It doesn't make the fight easier, you just don't have to focus on the player names.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. No problem, but this is Deathmatch-like gameplay - i've thought that was not necessarily...
    2. Beacon..? Will be too easy - maybe for Normal or Easy game mode...
    3. This mod was one day work...

Thanks for suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VendorX View Post
    BTW. If you guys have any suggestions, i will be glad to hear it...
    Three things:

- Add a different menu image for the gametype selection. Right now it uses the one from Deathmatch.
    - Add a beacon to your prey or make them stand out in some other way. Right now you have to constantly read the player names, which is rather annoying...
    - Use the "Assassin"-announcement from Betrayal (or killing a Titan), it seems rather fitting here. xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    another UT3 weirdness...tonite all is working perfectly, played assassins on 3 different maps vs bots on the server with no problems...+.+
    That's good... I saw your server running...

BTW. If you guys have any suggestions, i will be glad to hear it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another UT3 weirdness...tonite all is working perfectly, played assassins on 3 different maps vs bots on the server with no problems...+.+

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol...hm... np...i was testing & trying to collect some infos for you
    Thanks for that... Server and Client log will be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol...hm... np...i was testing & trying to collect some infos for you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I told you guys, that net is not tested - will fix that in the next version...

compatibility problems?
    I think, this is the case...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Downloading. This is a fascinating mod for UT3; and I've also brought the UT99 and UT2004 version on my computer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice job, fun and refreshing my UT3
    i tryed to install the mutator on our DM Server, votable via UTCompIIv4b2 but after installation and multiple reboot trys the gamemode still doesnt appear in the votable list(f5)...
    + main problem is that it crashed my UT3 when trying to join the server:
    *crash player game when voting the gametype via admin console but i was abble to join after the crash (lol but not under my name because that multiple login s**t) , so i was abble to play under "player527" vs my "uncleblitz" ghost facing/walking a wall +.+
    *from that point it crashed my UT3 each time i tryed to rejoin the server

servers infos in my sig
    anyway thx for sharing, keep up the nice work

edit: i backed up the server to its original DM settings and i was abble to rejoin with no probs, reswitched to assassin and got same crash while trying to join...so no doubts the *** gametype crash player s UT3 while joining the server,the server itself survive and seem to handle it...but as u cant join...lol... i run dodgejump & utcompIIIv4b2...compatibility problems?
    i let the server running the gametype the whole day if u want to give it a try (Assassins, KBarge, dodgejump & utcompIIIv4b2)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, until that you can try a combination of UT3Assassins with UT3CatchUp - more fun...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That would be cool!

Now if there was a server running this gametype I would be happy, I'll see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the link... Maybe i can add new features...

Edit: Nope... Apart ONS support there is no new features, but if you guys want i can make WAR support.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X