Clear All

WAR-Ginger [BETA]

Level Name: WAR-Ginger_BETA
    Game Type: Warfare
    Botmatch: Yes
    Single Player: Yes
    Teamplay: Yes

DOWNLOAD

First beta of my space map WAR-Ginger. I have started with that map approx 1¾ years ago and than paused for a long time. After that break I want to finish that project now. Don't know if still someone playing Warfare these days? . But if so please let me know if there is something you want to change or add on this map.

The size of WAR-Ginger is medium to large. Bots are fully supported. I hosted this map on a private server with no problems but maybe someone can test this deeper before I release a final version. A compressed file (for redirection) is already on "http://uz3.ut-files.com/".

-----------------------------------------------------
    Screenshots

Credits

News.ut-files.com for redirection. Great service!
    To all forums, players and clans that leftover and still support UT3! Thx

nice screens downloading...

will test and report back

Comment

only got to play this through once so far.. i didn't notice any major bugs.
      it would be nice to see orb spawners and node teleporters in the next/final version. also it might be a good idea to have teams switch sides every round, since the sides are slightly different.

love the theme and node layout... everything looks great. glad you found the motivation to finish

Comment

Thx K1lla for your review! I will add one or two alternative link setups and of course with an Orb included! (Have totally forgotten that thingy )
        Further I will protect the blue core better. It's too open atm. I agree to you and final version will have team switching. Teleporters could be an option aswell. Have to check this.

Comment

ahaha really cool warfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          - small things

1. Fix this - the bots are a nice touch but umm they get stuck rofl:

2.Can you change your lava textures a little bit please.
          my advice: SEE SIBERIO
          [also note you have distortion on your lower lava, but not on the lava puddles on rocks, the distortion should be very prominent and visible.]

- We spent weeks on lava textures, volumes and nice effects: ONE OF HIS MAPS HAS THE BEST Lava you will ever find
          - honestly weeks of work please contact siberio about this - it is the only weak spot in your map.

Delete the word BETA and make this beast final.

note:
          Someone once told me my moon was too big; i laughed at them - they should see this map, wonder what they would say

Comment

Heja TKBS!
            These mining bots are...a bit stupid. I will try to tweak them a bit.
            I have googled about SIBERIO and found a video of some (outstanding!) lava textures. Sadly there is no map named or mailing address to contact him and ask for permission. Anybody here knows more? What is the name of the map with this lava textures?

Comment

It was me and him playing with lava for longer than i can remember, and what he ended up with was so good.

He is "Siberio": it was a private project, maybe for BunnyTrails
              *Member search//
              http://forums.epicgames.com/member.php?u=1392179

drop my name: i would not like to give you the files i have without his permission, -
              also he has the completed product [uncooked]; i only have separate upks/textures and maps [a bit messy sorry]

- he is a good person and has many skills, enjoy; we were going to make a weather pack for the community, but everyone is a c_nt so it is sat on HDD.

p.s. if for some reason he does not give you the files [maybe his map was a collaboration with someone else], then i could probably tidy up what i have into something decent.

**Most of his activity is in "BT", you are welcoem to join DoS forums to contact him.. i will also send him a PM now to help you.

EDIT:
              * maybe you could make a vctf version aswel. just add flags and prefix

Comment

The skydome with all the different planetary bodies and everything look bad ***!!! Especially the exploded planet/moon with all the red bits floating off of it. Love the lighting inside each prime node area as well.

The mining bots are a very cool touch. If you can figure out how to get them to stop getting stuck, they'll just be that much cooler.

The gameplay feels good so far but I haven't given it a good run really yet. But either way, the visuals are sweet... especially the sky stuff and the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  It was me and him playing with lava for longer than i can remember, and what he ended up with was so good.

He is "Siberio": it was a private project, maybe for BunnyTrails
                  *Member search//
                  http://forums.epicgames.com/member.php?u=1392179

drop my name: i would not like to give you the files i have without his permission, -
                  also he has the completed product [uncooked]; i only have separate upks/textures and maps [a bit messy sorry]

- he is a good person and has many skills, enjoy; we were going to make a weather pack for the community, but everyone is a c_nt so it is sat on HDD.

p.s. if for some reason he does not give you the files [maybe his map was a collaboration with someone else], then i could probably tidy up what i have into something decent.

**Most of his activity is in "BT", you are welcoem to join DoS forums to contact him.. i will also send him a PM now to help you.

EDIT:
                  * maybe you could make a vctf version aswel. just add flags and prefix
                  If this is the lava I've seen on YouTube you both did a capital job on it. Really! I'm sure that your textures will fit very good to my map and enhance the visuals a lot. I will try to contact Siberio aswell.
                  I like VCTF! A map based on WAR-Ginger is imaginable but I've to change proportions for this. Overall I can make use of the setting. I will think about it.

@Thugdraft
                  Thx

Comment

map loo good
                    and cosmix fix the
                    dm map and moxie

Comment

Was able to get a couple good runs in tonight. Noticed a few things...
                      1. Blue Core: You can barely clear the back entrance with a double jump (but you can get in fine with a hoverboard). Maybe raise the terrain below it a bit? Also, there are no polys on the under side of the door way mesh for that same entrance... I only noticed it because I was ducking a rocket.

2. Really cool core explosion matinee sequences!

3. Love the shock turret on rails near the middle node. I had lots of fun with that thing...

4. Really like the little custom portals that take you up and down from the sniper rifle ledge on the bottom right hand side of the map. And its cool that you can walk around the ledge the long way as well.

5. In that same area though, I noticed that the water tower thing doesn't have any collision (I tried to hide a DW in there but it didn't work so well). :P

6. Also in that same area, I really like those spot lights that beam up into the sky but the meshes for the lights themselves are probably a little big for the beams. Maybe scale those down a bit to match the size of the light beams?

Otherwise, the map plays great IMO. Thanks for your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Thugdraft View Post
                        Was able to get a couple good runs in tonight. Noticed a few things...
                        1. Blue Core: You can barely clear the back entrance with a double jump (but you can get in fine with a hoverboard). Maybe raise the terrain below it a bit? Also, there are no polys on the under side of the door way mesh for that same entrance... I only noticed it because I was ducking a rocket.

2. Really cool core explosion matinee sequences!

3. Love the shock turret on rails near the middle node. I had lots of fun with that thing...

4. Really like the little custom portals that take you up and down from the sniper rifle ledge on the bottom right hand side of the map. And its cool that you can walk around the ledge the long way as well.

5. In that same area though, I noticed that the water tower thing doesn't have any collision (I tried to hide a DW in there but it didn't work so well). :P

6. Also in that same area, I really like those spot lights that beam up into the sky but the meshes for the lights themselves are probably a little big for the beams. Maybe scale those down a bit to match the size of the light beams?

Otherwise, the map plays great IMO. Thanks for your hard work.
                        These hints are very helpful Thugdraft. Thx!
                        I agree with you and will fix those things.

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                        map loo good
                        and cosmix fix the
                        dm map and moxie
                        Hi coolcat!
                        I have not forgotten MoXie
                        Actually I'm very busy with my day job and have not much time to work constantly on WAR-Ginger. I have fixed several things people mentioned but a few problems are still left over.
                        - The Tank spawning sequence caused some problems in online matches.
                        - More link setups (Orb) and a few Teleporters.
                        - Main areas on Radarmap needs some more contrast.
                        - Actually turrets at blue base can shoot blue prime. They shouldn't!
                        - ...same with center turret and both primaries.
                        - What Thugdraft has mentioned above.
                        I'm very confident to fix these remaining things also soon!

Comment

Screenies look great Cosmix!

Comment

If nothing else, my main piece of constructive feed back to you is the collisions. They're pretty bad on some of the static meshes, I died randomly from some weird collision when hover-boarding. In another area I was floating half a foot from the ground due to the static mesh just having a simple box collision. There's also few areas where static-meshes meet, it looks like you should be able to walk over them both, but again collisions cause a problem and you stumble against them.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                              If nothing else, my main piece of constructive feed back to you is the collisions. They're pretty bad on some of the static meshes, I died randomly from some weird collision when hover-boarding. In another area I was floating half a foot from the ground due to the static mesh just having a simple box collision. There's also few areas where static-meshes meet, it looks like you should be able to walk over them both, but again collisions cause a problem and you stumble against them.
                              I will fix these collisions but I can't find them. Can you describe me where they are? I have placed some simple box collisions around the border because these areas are not most popular regions. Of course it shouldn't hinder the player to walk on.

Comment

Working...
                              X