Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-w00tabulous [ReRobed][Beta][Updated v3][Screens]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-w00tabulous [ReRobed][Beta][Updated v3][Screens]

Name: CTF-w00tabulous-ReRobed_v3
    Version: 3.0! (updated 13-06-2011)
    Compatibility: Patch 5 / 2.1

13-06-11 - Update to v3: I've turned the foggy poof particles off since they really really don't want to terminate no matter how I set them up. Visible dynamic primitives and transluceny setup time just go up and up. Tried and failed to fix it. This was the game-killing bug, groan.

11-06-11 - Update to v2: I've added a fade to the base elements to try and fix long-range visibility troubles, as well as setting the main white light to the same strength as the original w00ty. The main tile fades more rapidly to grey as well. Fogs are boosted and the underlying sheet has been re-shaped to knock off some of the overdraw under the base elements. Fog poofs now use a single sprite, and should terminate properly. Fallback materials should be a little brighter, as should the main tile material when texture settings are low.

Apologies to those who had trouble downloading. I did update the link with a GameFront one, but it seems to have disappeared - I assume because of the security problems recently.

Description: A remake of CTF-w00tabulous, mostly visual with custom textures, materials, sounds, meshes. Some small alterations were made to the layout to streamline the jumping, and I think the bot pathing is working fine now. JumpPads are replaced (thanks to the no-ambient hum jumppad chap). There's even some gas boiling into space that goes poof when you land on it. Beta for now but should be clean.

Comments: I remade w00ty to learn the editor (and Blender... and CS3). And also because I've spent about 100 hours staring at those classic rock formations on MPUK iCTF. Enough to drive a man into drugging his eyeballs with bright colours.

I've included a screenie of the flag replacement I was making. If someone understands why an attachment to the flag would work offline but not on my server I'd be rather grateful - is it a kismet limitation? (the trigger works just not the attaching itself).

Working on Impasse next

Screenshots: (think PB has crunched them, oh well).
    [screenshot]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/nobbykins/UT3%20screens/w00ty5.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/nobbykins/UT3%20screens/w00ty6.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/nobbykins/UT3%20screens/w00ty4.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/nobbykins/UT3%20screens/w00ty7.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/nobbykins/UT3%20screens/w00ty3.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/nobbykins/UT3%20screens/ScreenShot2.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: Epic for the Editor & UT3. Think I managed to drop into every single pit-trap along the way though...
    CrazyNeon, for the tasty JumpPad sounds and being a noble gaz!
    Apo1987 and TraumaEffect for putting up with me and playtesting.
    All the great tutorials you fine gents have put online, particularly the esteemed Weylon, Hourences, Chris Albeluhn, & Odedge.
    Narayana (NickG) for the flag grabbing kismet script, and the PRI info. I imagine that oleaginous PM I sent left a greasy stain though.
    ffejnosliw, for all sorts of useful kismetty bits/material tricks that I poached from the forums. The fader for materials was critical!
    The chaps at Multiplay for constantly playing Wooty to the point where I had to try and do something about it...
    The original Wooty author

PC Download: GameFront link (4.4 MB)
    PS3 Download: My server machine seems to be able to run Frontend so I will try to add it soon.

o my focking god
    you just made a better version the the 1 that is floating around now
    i am so gone test this 1
    EDIT try too load the map
    but i got the loading screen and notting happend and ut3 is going down

Comment

Very nice Robe!

Comment

The download-link doesn't work!

Comment

Looks/Plays fantastic. I like the jump pad "whoosh" sound a bit after the launch.
          I've tried a few things (setting stuff clientside, using kactor instead of interpactor) to get that method of attaching the custom flag mesh clientside, but I've failed as yet. There was, however, another method I was experimenting with for a single map kismet version of a gametype called "capture the gold." Anyway, this is another way to skin the flag. What you can do is to create your own flag interpactors with collision and everything, and make them copy the behavior of a flag via use of kismet actions, matinee, spawning new ones, etc. for the actual scoring, you move the bases together with triggers/trigger volumes. I believe some one used this method of scoring in a fancy king of the hill style map but I forgot the name of it, and whether it worked in multiplayer. (on a slightly unrelated note, it would be interesting to see boost-able flags using this latter method.)

Comment

The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search.

blablabla10characters

Comment

It's still the same.......

@NickG: Where have you downloaded it?

Comment

I had already downloaded it before the link expired. In the meantime, a mirror:
                http://www.gamefront.com/files/20424...ReRobed_v1.zip

Comment

Thank you very much, NickG! Nice map, plays good for 1on1.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Looks/Plays fantastic. I like the jump pad "whoosh" sound a bit after the launch.
                    I've tried a few things (setting stuff clientside, using kactor instead of interpactor) to get that method of attaching the custom flag mesh clientside, but I've failed as yet. There was, however, another method I was experimenting with for a single map kismet version of a gametype called "capture the gold." Anyway, this is another way to skin the flag. What you can do is to create your own flag interpactors with collision and everything, and make them copy the behavior of a flag via use of kismet actions, matinee, spawning new ones, etc. for the actual scoring, you move the bases together with triggers/trigger volumes. I believe some one used this method of scoring in a fancy king of the hill style map but I forgot the name of it, and whether it worked in multiplayer. (on a slightly unrelated note, it would be interesting to see boost-able flags using this latter method.)
                    Thanks for giving that a go! I'm itching to try again soon so I'll let you know if anything turns up.

Comment

Err, oops! I checkout my other map and it was using mostly the same method. Good news, though, I believe I've got it working. What you can do is attach to the instigator object of 'Taken', instead of the flag actor itself on 'Taken'. Keep the other attachment action set to the flag as before, for the dropped, returned and captured events. This seems to work in multi-player, and I haven't seen any problems yet, with death, feign death, or translocation, because the dropped event gets called and the mesh attaches back to the flag. I am guessing that the problem with the earlier method was, the flag actor is not replicated to client while being carried.

Comment

Working...
                      X