UT2007 Colour (now INI Tweak)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2007 Colour (now INI Tweak)

You can now add more colours to the game with ini tweaking. I found out how to do it without the need of a mutator, so it will work online, and no compatibility is broken.

Link:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=793331

Name:
    UT2007 Color
    Version: Beta 1
    Compatibility: Should be compatible with all versions of the game.
    Description: This mutator is based on Color Control. It won't just set desaturation to 0, but it will also do some other tweaks to increase color.
    Comments: It is the first version, and if you think it needs some changes, I will be happy to ear them.
    Screenshot:
    [shot]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6787/risingsunoff.png[/shot][shot]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1665/risingsunon.png[/shot]
    On the left you have the map with the mutator not enabled, while on the right the mutator is enabled.
    (If you want more screenshots, just ask. I'll post more, and if you want I can post screens of the map you want.)
    Credits: Xyx: Color Control mutator author and 100GPing100(zeluis) expansion of Color Control.
    Homepage: None
    Download:
    (NOTE: You are allowed to create more mirrors, but keep the .zip file unchanged)
    (Beta 1)
    -First Release.

Warning, for best looks use this mutator with Post Processing set to Muted or Default (Default recommended). It will not look good if Post Processing is set to Vivid or Intense. You also need to enable the option "Enable Bloom and Depth of Field" on the advanced page of your video settings.

Found a way to add more color to the game using .ini tweak and 1 package file. The package file will be releasintructions on how to do it after some more testing.

Please guys, give me some feed back. It is the first thing I do for UT3, it has been downloaded 3 times and the thread has 30 views.

This post is more for bump than for anything else

Comment

From the picture i instantly see that [with mutator on] the sky is less blue and the walls are blue..

i play team games mainly not DM thus this will be detrimental to team colours.-

I would try it but your link does not work.

Comment

The link is working for me o0

Ye, the walls do get blue, I may have made a typo mistake...

Try this direct link for download: http://download523.mediafire.com/d7e...UT2k7Color.zip

I played team games with this, and I got to say, it does not causes any problems, this because the blue team will be blue and the red team red, it won't make the red team more blue'ish.

Comment

Warning, for best looks use this mutator with Post Processing set to Muted or Default (Default recommended). It will not look good if Post Processing is set to Vivid or Intense. You also need to enable the option "Enable Bloom and Depth of Field" on the advanced page of your video settings.

Comment

By looking at the picks, it seem the desaturation is good (I also use Color Control mut).

Still, the right pic is like the game is played in Vivid or Intense with an added blue PP effect? It's like a blue color as been added that isn't there in the first place which make the level look unnatural.

I don't play the stock maps, I found them to depressing, but I can say that I try the mut in custom maps & there is no difference since most of maps aren't saturated.

Comment

It won't work on maps that do not use a PostProcessVolume. What this mutator does is:
              1. Removes Desaturation, by setting it to 0.
              2. Removes Depth of Field, with it its like you need galsses.
              3. Sets Bloom Scale to 0.2
              4. Sets Scene Highlights to 0.3 (for all colors, X,Y,Z)
              5. Sets Scene Mid Tones to 2.0 (for all colors, X,Y,Z)

This is what it does. It does this by changing the properties of any PostProcessVolume. It won't work in maps that use the Post Process settings found in the levels properties.

And as you can see by the values, it does not adds a blue PP. It is difrent from playing with Post Process set to Vivid or Intense, since it has more color than those two.

One of the reasons that may make things look more blue'ish may be because of shadows. By defaul shadows color is set to 0.003 (or something like that) for the blue color, while 0 to red and green.

Comment

I see,

But changing scene highlights & mid tones isn't a good idea simply because it's not a formula that work well with every map.

Those values must be well set on every map to obtain a good result.

I suggest you use less drastic values because afaik, all maps, stock or customs use pp effects.

Or maybe use a slider option in your mut setting so players get more freedom?

Comment

Ye, I want to make the mutator costumizable, but I do not have much time to script for any of my projects since I've being a lot at the hospital. And therefor I do not have much time to script.

I want to make this mutator more complex, so it works with every map and that it works with any Post Processing (Muted, Default, Vivid and Intense). I know that the Post Processing will interact with every PP of the game, or something similar.

Comment

support ps3 mods too please.

Comment

I want to support ps3 too, but now this mutator is not needed. I found a way to add more color to the game using .ini tweak.

I need to know if it is possible to edit .ini files in the ps3. If not, this mutator will be for ps3 only. Because on the PC it can be done by changing ini and with 1 package file I made.

Comment

OK, tested it and it has more color. The result is the same with Post Processing, in the video settings, set to Muted, Default, Vivid and Intense.

Comment

Successfully implemented ToneMapper from UDK into the game. Tweaking the colors.

Comment

You can now add more colours to the game with ini tweaking. I found out how to do it without the need of a mutator, so it will work online, and no compatibility is broken.

Link:
                            http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=793331

Comment

Working...
                            X