X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUTW–Balanced Unreal Tournament Weapons

Hi all
    BUTW–Balanced Unreal Tournament Weapons
    by gavitur(scripting), idea by Potros#1tel, supporting and sponsoring by UT3 russian community =)
    BUTW is a UT3 weapons mutator designed for TDM and duel.
    Version:beta.

Sound changes:
    Radious of foot steps and jumps has been lowered.

Weapon Changes:

Switch speed to other weapons have been increased.

=Shock rifle=
    Secondary damage per shot reduced from 55 to 40hp.
    Radius of combo has been lowered by 20%.
    Damage of combo has been reduced to 200 hp.
    =Stinger=
    Primary damage reduced to 11hp.
    =Flak Cannon=
    Primary damage reduced to 153hp.
    A scatter of primary fire has been lowered by 10%.
    Splash damage of alternative fire has been lowered by 10%.
    =Rocke Launcher=
    Splash damage has been lowered by 20%.

Installation:
    BUTW.u extract to the UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script folder.
    UTBUTW.ini extract to the UTGame\Config.
    Downloads:
    http://depositfiles.com/files/wypz1gt4m
    http://narod.ru/disk/3549995001/BUTW.ZIP.html
    News about mutator. Welcome!
    http://utforum.ru/index.php?showtopic=8854

Weapon switch is too slow as it is...

Comment

Sorry, increased(faster). =)

Comment

10chars

Comment

why you chang it ut3 weapons are ok

Comment

Many spam by rocket and flak.
            Many people dislike this.
            Sounds change because root styel is bad. =)

Comment

Sounds interesting and the changes sound good so far. Will give it a try. Hopefully mutators like this will be used on "Stinger-hater server" as I call them. No Stinger Minigun = no balance. Removing weapons makes it just worse so the best option would be such a mutator but no... people insist on removing it with (guess what) a mutator instead of putting a mutator on their server which weakens it.. This makes me rage
              However, I will post again when I find something that could be changed.

PS: I hate no-Stinger servers because of the broken balance (it's worse than with the overpowered Stinger; @ those who own one: No offense ). And welcome to the community

Comment

I didnt test it so far. But if u want that its used by european competitive community, it needs some changes. 1. Lower enforcer shooting speed and damage. 2. Lower bio damage and fix the "magnetism". 3. As stated by other players, the changes to the other weapons dont feel that smoove. Try to speak to ramses. Hfgl

Comment

TGM mutator changes Enforcer and bio.
                  We hear your ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by krimich117 View Post
                    TGM mutator changes Enforcer and bio.
                    We hear your ideas.
                    so implement it :P

my question is: do u want to play the competitive community with it or jsut some ppl?

Comment

I think if this mutator will be good, the many ppl will use it.
                      All UT3 players will use this if mutator be in Patch or UTcomp. =)

Comment

looks pretty promising tbh. Ofc what largo said regarding nerforcer .

Comment

hi LLonewolf

if you want to spread it thru the community i think its a must, that cups and competition in general will use it. otherwise its something like the big-head-mutator... nice but only for fun...

what i want to say is: hear to the ppl from clanbase (nervforcer...) and it can be a good mutator

Comment

exactly , well i put there what i taled to with Krimich.
                            - I advised him to create an irc channel like butw.ut3 or sthg to stay in tooch with the lasting community. the 2-3 players that will see it there can't speak in the name of everyone :> .
                            - As Largo said: nerforcer features (or nerforcer like features) are a must have! Tgm, gavitur can do it on it's own.

-(so) nerforcer
                            -Bio: Remove magnet effect of Bio
                            -Stinger: i'm fine with the stinger (and the changes u did to it)
                            -Shock: Same, i'm perfectly fine with ur changes.
                            - Flak:, Idem again, i'm fine with it. It would be awesome if u could affect shards dmg with wallbounce (like the shard loose 50-60% of his dmg when it bounces)
                            -Rox dunno what u meant by spell damage , ( splash damage?) it's already good if the splash damage has been reduced, like some other ppl said maybe u could reduced the dmg of trirox: like 2 rox 150 dmg, 3 rox 175, well just sayin, but that sounds reasonnable.
                            Link: it's good how it is imo.

=>About sound (haha, some will expect this from me ) : Instead of reducing the radius, would be way better to force or default values or (better imo) a new balance that would be good /acceptable for ppl dunno if it's possible but allow ppl to modify their ini sound with a range of more or less 0.4 (min 0.8: max 1.2).
                            If u reduce the radius too much, then the sound aspect of the game is now useless (what 's the deal to start to hear ur oppo at 3 meters, gameplay would be dumb :/ ) if u decrease a bit, well it's useless as it changes anything basically.
                            So better let the default radius diameter and put a "slider like system" so ppl can adjust their sound as they want, in a reasonnable way THIS TIME xD (no more characterproperty=10 !!1! ). Awesome.

Well that's how I see it would be close to perfect (regarding what ppl are always saying, I think that pretty sum it up).
                            I can't speak for the whole ""community"" tho. I just try to help...

Comment

yes, splash damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X