• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vctf-ihj

Name: VCTF-IHJ
    Version: Alpha
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: Torlan was Overtaken by the Axon's in 2007, they acquired Necris Vehicles, built their own Bases and re-constructed the landscape.Now in 2010 the necris have returned to re-claim their territory, using the humiliation of the Hammer Jump.
    Comments: Cover Terrain provided by hills and mounds (much smaller than torlan= Brand new layout) You must impact hammer jump to get to the flag.
    Screenshot:

Homepage: http://www.filefront.com/user/TKBS
    Download: http://www.filefront.com/17570306/VCTF-IHJ_Alpha.rar

Might wanna decrease the tiling on your terrain layers a bit more, and try adding some directional lights. You can find some basic tutorials on www.hourences.com

Comment

nice map but
      too much stuff is too stretch like the rock walls and some ground
      also some bridge have blocking volume
      when i walk from ground too the bridge

Comment

Just add some lighting...

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
          Just add some lighting...
          and also decrease tiling for terrain layers, from what I can tell

Comment

its light enough, i could add beams etc - but it would be pointless.
            why bother with lighting like that? - its just more to render online- and compared to udk- lol -
            tutorials are rubbish i dont use them - the only tutorial i found useful was the lift.

i have directly spoken to hourence before - link is not necessary and most of his tutporials have moved to the ball -fyi-
            there are no blocking volumes - except on map edges and sky/ceiling obv, maybe just the bridge is too high or summin

i am interested in this tiling thing you mentioned- i might look into that, as long as it doesnt effect the cover terrain
            thanks for the comments -

Comment

It it bright enough, but it looks like you just added a skylight with 1.0 brightness. Which evenly lights the entire map and it looks extremely plain. Also, your skydome should be scaled much much larger.

Comment

@Thrallala
                i originally created my own custom sky dome- but for some reason i get a line running from top centre (sky apex) down in a line--???

The effect it created was one half of the sky dome was visibly lighter than the other- this was very strange (and i havent solved it yet) so i merely put that generic sky in quickly... again lighting comes under render time -
                and yes that is what i did
                i agree it looks plain - but my previous experience has taught me that spending hours and hours on lighting only for people to turn around and say things like
                "why are there dark bits"?- just annoyed me alot (true story)
                - in response to that person who shall remain nameless- i said "they are shadows" that person was a total muppet- and that was after about 12 hours of lighting changes and making them accurate
                and truly do not wish to waste my time with that again

edit:
                apparently lots of people would like to see the accurate version - with lighting etc

looks like i will have to do it

Comment

As i originally thought, due to the map layout, it would be impossible to accurately portray the effects of the sun on the landscape using UT editor - at least not without causing some serious gameplay issues and black spots.
                  (the engine is just nothing compared to UDK
                  as for your other comments :
                  1. the sky (scaled larger)- i changed so thank you Thralla
                  2. the rock walls have been improved.- i assume CoolCat referred to the bases, blue and red- so thanks -

other changes-
                  1.significant improvements to lights- so dont turn around and say - "turn on the lights "- and "it is dark in some areas"- these are called shadows.
                  remember each object will affect whatever type of lighting u have- so it will be darker in some areas ffs- this directly affects rendering time and gameplay - especially when moving fast through levels- or if you teleport from one area to another that has different lighting- please remember this.
                  2. added redeemer
                  3.played with a few things and made it better

PICTURE IS SET (in game) - PP-muted, BRIGHTNESS-5

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                      tutorials are rubbish i dont use them
                      I noticed it.

On your skill level you should watch tutorials. Maybe some from Bonus DVD or "How do i..." from 3Dbuzz.com will be good for you.

About lighting... It's light but doesn't look interesting... My advice. Create blueish sky light with low brightness and yellowish directional light with higher brigtness (above 1.0, but not too high). Try also modifing post process colors. it is somewhr in world info. If you find it set highlights a bit lower than 1.0 and midtones a bit higher than 1.0.
                      It will improve visual quality of your map.

Comment

why don't add a skylight with a low brightness to highlight a bit the shadow places and make the map playable without torch light ?

Comment

@Farteus
                          it contains everything you said - try looking
                          yellow directional lights
                          white directional lights

@ sebastien-nova
                          it contains a sky light set at 0.15 i think
                          there is plenty of shadow/accurate etc- i did each item's lighting individually etc-
                          if you load the map in editor u can see yellowish/white / dark shadows from the bridges at the back of the map etc
                          **it looks better in editor*** - these images are from ingame
                          and yes i have done everything people have said and u still say stuff about the lighting...ffs
                          maybe if you read the posts before and looked at the map you might comment differently
                          i knew people would still say something and not bother reading the posts.
                          and again
                          i have not used tutorials yet (only for alift )- so why bother now [i did not say i havent watched any- i just find them useless- if you cannot do something yourself why bother having someone do it for you- thats pointless and you get no understanding from it]

(a perfect example is Hourences tutorial on sound that i could not get to work - he did actually personally give me a much easier solution than the one posted on his site- which i gave him many thanks for - i also had to fidddle with/ understand that to get my own sound imported)]

i doubt there is a link you could provide me that i have not already seen

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X