No announcement yet.

Blender 2.6X Add on Export PSK/PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you try the new update on rebuild objects on export? It seem there are weight conflict. Just make sure the weight are even.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolarre View Post

1-Parsing smoothing groups problem:“maximum recursion depth exceeded”

On models with more than 4.000 triangles (aproximately), the parsing smoothing group process halts with the message “maximum recursion depth exceeded”. I've tested it on a very simple model, 3 spheres with multires.

I was able to get around the problem by adding the line

sys.setrecursionlimit(1000000)

however...
      hi folks,
      very quick follow on question to this: where do you add the line sys.setrecursionlimit(1000000) to??

cheers
      rgds Dave

Comment

Ah, found the answer myself through trial and error.
        For those of you who don't know, you can insert the sys.setrecursionlimit(1000000) after the Constants in the import script (the Constants are immediately after the import section).
        With that in and a restart of Blender the error: "maximum recursion depth exceeded" goes away.

cheers
        rgds Dave

Comment

Blender 2.66 is update to deal with some api. Note just the list is change and object export select is working.

The smoothing is working a bit. Been trying to get the smoothing to work as there was no luck. Still I am missing something from pack and for the format is not working for some reason. I am not sure if might be the 32 or 64 bit format.

Comment

Ah, found the answer myself through trial and error.
            For those of you who don't know, you can insert the sys.setrecursionlimit(1000000) after the Constants in the import script (the Constants are immediately after the import section).
            With that in and a restart of Blender the error: "maximum recursion depth exceeded" goes away.

cheers
            rgds Dave

Comment

Hey Guys im havin a simuller problem with the xporter as dave and nico... the "maximum recursion depth exceeded" as it is the only real error
              im not to familier with python so i havent tryed editing anythin yet. but i have the error messege from the console .. hope this help
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	3249833
              that is the error i get and i have no clue how to fix it, please help some one

Kind regards Sebastian " The Hairy viking"

Comment

okay i found the error..
                aparently you have too have the edge split modifier on the meshes now for it to work

Comment

Ummm, so, I'm new to animation in blender, so if this is a stupid question, that's why:

When I export the skeletons and animations into blender, some of the bones are obviously rotated to different orientations than what they are in blender. Some are 90 degrees off, some are only rotated a little bit from what they show in blender (but just enough to ruin my animation). It might correspond to the amount they are rotated during the course of the animation, but I'm not sure. Example: the ones that are rotated a little bit in blender are offset incorrectly by about the same amount, but in the opposite direction, than what they are rotated in UrealEd. The ones that are rotated 90 degrees in blender are rotated another 90 degrees in the same direction in UnrealEd. Anyway, what I'm seeing animated in UnrealEd and what I'm seeing in blender are two different things, and it's the rotations that are different. Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Comment

Ok, I think I figured it out. Maybe. I'm a newb to Blender and the Unreal engine, but not to good old fashioned linear algebra.

Unreal 2004 is left hand coordinate system, Blender is right hand coordinate system, both with z in the up direction. Basically, all the vertices locations, all the bone orientations, need to
                    account for this. It appears that in the current code, the bone orientations don't. I THINK, in order to fix it, if I understand the Unreal 2004 data structure (which I probably don't, but maybe I do), the quat stuff that deals with orientations of bones are just normal vectors (I hope). If that's the case, you simply have to assign the x,y,z in the following manner:

x_blender = y_unreal
                    y_blender = x_unreal
                    z_blender = z_unreal

Admittedly, this is for Unreal 2004, which most of you guys are using UDK for Unreal 3 or Unreal engine 4. So, I can't speak to those, but this, I think, would fix it for Unreal 2004.
                    Any commentary on this? I'll try it out for myself, and let you guys know how it works out maybe.

Comment

Ok, clearly, I might need help with this... I'm seeing several references to coordinates and positions, but not sure which ones are an assignment of Blender coordinates to Unreal coordinates, and which ones are just... other things dealing with coordinates. If you guys can point out the variable names or the lines on which assignments from Blender to Unreal are made, I can make the adjustments I was talking about...

Anybody want to help? Anybody bored? :P

Update: I posted a video just to see if anybody knows what's going on. Maybe this will help. Also, I tried the switching of x and y assignments (at least all that I could find), and it failed miserably. What is shown in the video is without the mentioned modifications (the exporter as is in its current state).
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux08po16AAE

Comment

Okay, finally, figured out what the issue is, and maybe somebody has said something about this somewhere, but I figure it can't hurt to repeat it here, in case somebody has the same issue. The problem is...nothing. So long as you set the mesh to what you want it's initial position to be, and place bones all with their initial orientation unchanged, that is, pointing in the z direction (in other words, no aligning bones to the mesh like 99% of the Blender tutorials out there do). Very non-intuitive, but I think this is how Unreal 2004 did things even in Maya, and probably 3DS Max. Not sure how this works with adding armatures to characters, but it works fine for mechanical sorts of animations (like what I'm doing).

Comment

Working...
                        X